Thread: Wet Shot Size.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Wet Shot Size.

I've currently got a HSW wet kit. Ive got the jets in for a 100 shot. After reading im hearing that some brands rate their shot HP at the crank and others at the wheels. So does this mean that because HSW rates at the crank and for example NX rates at the wheels I could run a 150 and not strain my engine more than I would with a 100 shot from an NX kit.

pertaining to the nitrous kit ive got, tr6's Fpss, BMN window switch (on order..) and WOT switch.

Should I stick with the 100 shot (crank rated) or go to a 150. I don't want to beat the piss outta my motor it is a DD. I know 150 is the limit for stock bottom end but im not sure if this is at the wheels or at the crank.

Usually our 150 shot comes out to a 13X rwhp shot, so a little over a 125 rwhp shot. If you are looking for a 100 rwhp shot use the 125 jets. For a little more then a 125 rwhp use the 150 jets.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    I've currently got a HSW wet kit. Ive got the jets in for a 100 shot. After reading im hearing that some brands rate their shot HP at the crank and others at the wheels. So does this mean that because HSW rates at the crank and for example NX rates at the wheels I could run a 150 and not strain my engine more than I would with a 100 shot from an NX kit.

pertaining to the nitrous kit ive got, tr6's Fpss, BMN window switch (on order..) and WOT switch.

Should I stick with the 100 shot (crank rated) or go to a 150. I don't want to beat the piss outta my motor it is a DD. I know 150 is the limit for stock bottom end but im not sure if this is at the wheels or at the crank.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Ok, do you think that moving up to 125 is taking a big risk? this is a DD and i dont want it breaking on me. Ive already run a full bottle through it with no problems (without window switch) and if I can safely steal another 25 hp ill do it

No, I don't think it will be. Go ahaid with the 125 jets (100 rwhp shot).

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    Ok, do you think that moving up to 125 is taking a big risk? this is a DD and i dont want it breaking on me. Ive already run a full bottle through it with no problems (without window switch) and if I can safely steal another 25 hp ill do it

juiced00ss
    i am running a 125 wet shot with stock bottom end and stock fuel system. i have a cam and got a 130 plus to the wheel with no issuses. I daily drive my car too and drive it in the winter. Its all in the tune. I am making 466 rwhp and 525 rwtq

Midnight Blue Metalic
    2000 SS

I've been running a Nx 150 shot on stock motor and fuel pump for almost three years with no problems.

Thread Information