NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Wet Kit Or Dry Lit On My Ls1

I currently have a wet kit installed on my 02 LS1 car . I have not yet mounted the nozzle, because I have been told that a dry kit is best for a LS1 car. So if I choose to use it as a dry kit can I use my same nozzle that came with the wet kit, and just block off the fuel input side, or should I just wait and buy a dry nozzle?... I know the tune on the kit for the dry version will be different for the same HP rating , and that on the dry kit I will have to mount the nozzle in front of the mass air , and on the wet , after the mass air, but which is the best ? I plan on spraying 100 to 150 shot.

Thanks for any help.

I personally think the wet kit is safer on any motor.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

stay wet. if you try to go past 100 dry, you'll need to change fuel injectors and fuel pump. staying wet, you can go to 200 without any of that.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Who ever told you that I would tell them to set the glass pipe down and walk away!
    That is wrong.
    I would have to say wet would be the best route regardless of the motor.
    I take that back a dry kit is good for one purpose ONLY a rental car. other than that I would always run a wet system and have for 15 years now.
    That way I can tune the A/F ratio right where I want it. Not looking for sensors to compensate.
    Anyways there is my 2 cents.
    And yes this is what I do for a living not just a hobby.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Who ever told you that I would tell them to set the glass pipe down and walk away!
    That is wrong.
    I would have to say wet would be the best route regardless of the motor.
    I take that back a dry kit is good for one purpose ONLY a rental car. other than that I would always run a wet system and have for 15 years now.
    That way I can tune the A/F ratio right where I want it. Not looking for sensors to compensate.
    Anyways there is my 2 cents.
    And yes this is what I do for a living not just a hobby.

Good because I installed the wet kit nozzle and noid today . I am going to start off with a 100 shot, I spent about 3 hours putting in some NGK tr6 plugs today.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    Good because I installed the wet kit nozzle and noid today . I am going to start off with a 100 shot, I spent about 3 hours putting in some NGK tr6 plugs today.
    3 hours changing plugs? You must've been a #8 plug virgin, huh?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

HAHAHHA @ #8 plug virgin. Even at 6' 230lbs I can change all 8 in about an hour now... lol

Spray it yet MaxWax?

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

NO I havent filled the bottle yet, on this car, so if it takes 3 hrs to change the plugs it makes you a virgin, so anything quicker does is make you a slut, or a whore, LOL
    I failed to mention I changed the wires, the oil and done all plugs from the top, removed air pump,and all the hoses, but I still thought the plugs could have been done quicker.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    NO I havent filled the bottle yet, on this car, so if it takes 3 hrs to change the plugs it makes you a virgin, so anything quicker does is make you a slut, or a whore, LOL
    I failed to mention I changed the wires, the oil and done all plugs from the top, removed air pump,and all the hoses, but I still thought the plugs could have been done quicker.

I was just messing with you man. It always takes a while the first time. Heck even when i got my Formy (it was my 2nd LS1 bird) it took me a while because it had been a few years since I had done one. Back when i had my WS.6 I could get em all done in a half hour. Once you figure out what sockets, extensions, etc. work the best for each plug it really cuts down the time. Getting rid of the AIR and EGR doesn't hurt either, although my WS.6 still had all that crap.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I would love to see anyone change all the plugs and wires on these cars in a half an hour LMAO !!!! No way unless your arm is the size of your penis and your fingers the size of a pen....Hour n a half and that sounds about right for someone who is good at it....

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    I would love to see anyone change all the plugs and wires on these cars in a half an hour LMAO !!!! No way unless your arm is the size of your penis and your fingers the size of a pen....Hour n a half and that sounds about right for someone who is good at it....
    No wires just plugs in a half an hour flat when I used to race and change them often. I could do them in an hour and a half blindfolded. One day I bought a set of plugs at the local speedshop, went home and swapped them and realized I forgot to get something. I went back and the guy says "broke a plug huh" I said no their done, I just forgot whatever else I needed and he asked if I wanted a job. I have no reason at all to lie about how long it takes me to swap spark plugs.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    No wires just plugs in a half an hour flat when I used to race and change them often. I could do them in an hour and a half blindfolded. One day I bought a set of plugs at the local speedshop, went home and swapped them and realized I forgot to get something. I went back and the guy says "broke a plug huh" I said no their done, I just forgot whatever else I needed and he asked if I wanted a job. I have no reason at all to lie about how long it takes me to swap spark plugs.

You made me have a flash back with that comment about blindfolded....To the "BOARSNEST" in Hazzard County. Daisy had to rebuild a carb blindfolded in a contest. LOL Funny shit!!!

Thread Information