White
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Venom VCN-2000 Nitrous Kit for WS6

Hello All!

Here is some backgraound....
    I own a 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 Speed has 63,000 Miles. No real mods... just the SLP airbox lid.

Alright, a buddy o mine has a Venom VCN-2000 Nitrous kit that he wants to sell me, I am VERY interested & had done research on this paticular model & its looks very promising. Was wondering if any of you have this kit on your car & how well it performs?

Soon I will be upgrading, headers/Xpipe, Generation III Hot Cam kit, TB, Intake Manifold, 160 Degree Thermostat ect... but until then..... I sure would like to know if anyone out there has heard/ or has this system.

white
    2002 z28

never haerd ot that butnitrouis is cheap, i would never buy a old kit from anybody unless i know exactly how its been run. just make sure you get all the saftey stuff plugs, bottel heater, FPSS, purge, TUNEEEEE, but if you get the headers before the kit wait to tune soo your not paying more, expessially with a future CAM install. but i would still never buy a nitrous kit used. its too cheap new to have a problem with blowing a motor.

and WELCOME TO THE SITE

White
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually went over to the buddy's house today & he just gave it to me! which hey, That is SAWEET! I think I might call Venom 2morrow & see if I can send the kit to them to look it over, see what needs to be replaced & do it. I don't believe it would be as much as buying it new... if so I'll just sell it. This is the kit that I have now:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

You know, maybe i should just ditch it, do the mods that I said previous & forget it ya know? The last thing I want to do is blow the engine. Do you know if the hot cam kit & headers could get some good performance outta that LS1? I have been driving it for around 4months now & it just doesnt seem like it has the horsepower that it used to. When iI purchased the vehicle the guy had cut the muffler off (Dont ask me why) & of course it ran great! no restriction! but when I bought the cat back exhast (Flowmaster American Thunder kit 3") it was/is a dog....my buddy thinks maybe it might be my injectors but, I dunno.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

it's an overpriced system that makes you believe has added safety into it while it doesn't really have it... Venom system pulses the injectors, while on or off, leaning out some cyclinders... i wouldn't buy it.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

NBM
    98 formula

The kit states 'linear mode" adds nitrous as rpm increases or drag mode adds nitrous at wot. Correct me if i'm wrong,but i thought nitrous can only be activated at wide open throttle(wot).so how is this linear mode safe? Cant be good all that pressure and not at wot.Can someone explain this?

96 trans-am

had one on a 99 and it worked perfect.....shut of if it got too lean the car ran low 11's on that kit with slick gear and a 2500 stall............

Mag Red
    2000 Vette

the system "pulses" the noid to deliver the requested amount. That way, at partial throttle, it will deliver a small amount. The downside to this type of system is that it puts more wear on the noids, and tuning is a biatch. If it's a freebee, great... just have the noids rebuilt before you put it on your car. A stuck noid and you'll be buying a new intake and maybe some pistons and valves.
    2004 Z06 Headers, P1SC1, 60# inj, BBK shorties. 525hp/460tq
    ---"Black" it's not just a color... it's a career.
    2005 Dodge Ram Daytona
    2007 Lexus IS250
    1987 944S DD

white
    2002 z28

well thats never good to get new pistons

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

i used to work for venom and i was given a VCN1000 when i worked there..my dyno sheet is still on thier website....that kit is a piece of shit, do youself a favor and go with a NX wet or HSW, TNT etc...complicated kit that VCN2000...PLUS, if you turn off teh armring switch and want to run it again you have to wait over a minute for it to do the sensor check then arm itself....LAME

white
    2002 z28

my buddy turns his off ever pass then turns back on 2 min later on next pass is that right?

Black

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    my buddy turns his off ever pass then turns back on 2 min later on next pass is that right?

more or less it takes about that long........not like a reg N20 kit that is imediately activated

white
    2002 z28

he has the nx kit

Black

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    he has the nx kit

my bad...

Thread Information