Midnight Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

Tired of supercharged mustangs and juiced rice burners. Looking into NOS and have ?'s

I dont know alot about nitrous and was curious if its safe or not. I have about 80,000 miles on my camaro so the mileage is a little high. If it is safe then whats the best route to take with nitrous. I know there is the dry kit or the wet and lots of different manufactures and systems. I just want it mainly for looks and for a safety precaution in case I have to use it racing someone if they take me while im running straight motor. Lastnight I was sitting at a stop light and a guy pulled up next to me in a mustang mach 1 with a supercharger and who knows what else but I was turning otherwise I would have messed around with him. But for reasons like that I wouldn't mind having some spray if I need it. Any information that may be useful is appreciated thanks.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

I went with a wet kit, from HarrisSpeedWorks. Lots of ppl use NX too. I went wet because I didn't want to have to depend on my MAF to make corrections on the fly - because if for some reason the MAF read wrong - I could possibly run it rich and melt something. With a wet system, your jets define what your AF ratio is when you're spraying.

I would suggest installing the standard safety features, like a RPM window switch, a fuel pressure safety switch (FPSS), a bottle heater with pressure sensor, and a WOT switch. Trigger the nitrous at >/=3KRPM and you're good to GOOOOO!

HTH,
    -Eagle
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

The looser the better on the bottle as long as it is not blowing oil past the rings. The higher milage motors have a larger ring gap due to wear which aids in the high cylinder pressure of the nitrous. When they are real tight the ends hit eachother by the high cylinder pressure which butts up the ends and can cause ring failure which equals oil in the cylinder which equals major detonation....
    Anyways is is VERY safe when installed and tuned correctly. You can run 150-175 for years on your car with NO issues.
    Stay wet in my opinion and I prefer NX these days. I've been palying around with the bottle for 15 years now I would say they have the market pretty well covered now and they stand behind their product like NO other.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

98T/Aformula
    x2 on the NX kit I have heard nothing but good things and even though mine is in the process of being hooked up I alredy like it lol...

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by BAD*SS View Post
    I dont know alot about nitrous and was curious if its safe or not. I have about 80,000 miles on my camaro so the mileage is a little high. If it is safe then whats the best route to take with nitrous. I know there is the dry kit or the wet and lots of different manufactures and systems. I just want it mainly for looks and for a safety precaution in case I have to use it racing someone if they take me while im running straight motor. Lastnight I was sitting at a stop light and a guy pulled up next to me in a mustang mach 1 with a supercharger and who knows what else but I was turning otherwise I would have messed around with him. But for reasons like that I wouldn't mind having some spray if I need it. Any information that may be useful is appreciated thanks.
    bud here is the sickiest nos kit on the market....
    http://poweredbynitrous.com/index.ph...&product_id=35

98T/Aformula
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    bud here is the sickiest nos kit on the market....
    http://poweredbynitrous.com/index.ph...&product_id=35
    Thats the one I got lol, and like I said so far I love it !!!!

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    Thats the one I got lol, and like I said so far I love it !!!!
    man you are lucky that is the sickest kit ive ever seen for ls1

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    man you are lucky that is the sickest kit ive ever seen for ls1
    http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Catalog/2007/nxl.pdf

This is the bad boy kit!
    One of us had enogh cash and got one with the Intake&ThrottleBody..........

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I'm currently running a TNT kit and love it. On my second bottle now. So far I'm unbeatable.

2002 Black WS6 A4.
    FI, H/C, LT headers, full exhaust, Fast 90/90. MWC Fab 9". Subframe connectors,
    Lower Control Arms, Panhard bar, Torque arm Strano Springs & Sway Bars.
    Koni Yellows. FLT Stage VII trans w/ PAS3400
    ASC# 4619 Conversion date was Dec 3, 2001

take a look at our plate kit, available in two trims, Sudden Impact ($449.99) and Brute Force ($549.99). Major differences between the kits are the solenoid size and on the BF kit you can customize the colors of your hoses/AN fittings for a custom look.

More Info:

Brute Force Kit:
    http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=391&page=1

Sudden Impact Kit:

Video of the spray patten from the plate

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by BAD*SS View Post

Matt are those jets spaying away from the motor then the air flow pulls it back ?, that's what looks like is happening in the video.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Matt are those jets spaying away from the motor then the air flow pulls it back ?, that's what looks like is happening in the video.
    No it sprays the pattern into the intake. Sorry not Matt but I can answer that one for you.

LS2Tuner is correct, sprays into the intake.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@HSW View Post
    Click for full size

take a look at our plate kit, available in two trims, Sudden Impact ($449.99) and Brute Force ($549.99). Major differences between the kits are the solenoid size and on the BF kit you can customize the colors of your hoses/AN fittings for a custom look.

More Info:

Brute Force Kit:

Sudden Impact Kit:

Video of the spray patten from the plate

Thanks,
    Matt
    Any plans on ever making that plate have 2 sets of inputs so it could be plumbed up for a 2 stage set-up?

They might already have them lol.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Any plans on ever making that plate have 2 sets of inputs so it could be plumbed up for a 2 stage set-up?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@HSW View Post
    They might already have them lol.

Matt
    What's the part #? So it will do a total of 300 then....?

I need atleast a total of 300......

In the design we incorporated a second set of ports, so down the road there could be an optional add on kit released for turning the kit into a second stage one. As to date there has been very little interest in adding the second stage, so nothing has been released. If you are looking to spray a 300 shot it should be done with a DP, not a plate or nozzle kit.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    What's the part #? So it will do a total of 300 then....?

I need atleast a total of 300......

Thread Information