black
    1998 Camaro SS

stuck at WOT when testing nitrous+microedge

i have a 98 ss with 100 shot dry kit on it from harris speed works and im using the microedge as well. i tried testing the system with the bottle off just so i could see if the microedge was working right. well i was going about 45mph and armed the system. microedge said armed......i then put the pedal to the floor and then the microedge said trigger....ok well when i let off the gas the rpms kept going and going. i had to turn the key off before my motor blew up. the rpms went to about 7600 b4 i shut the car off....well i coasted to the side of the road and tried starting it....as soon as i did the car went straigh to WOT and i had to shut it off again. i finally got it to run after i shut the car off and turned the trigger to "off" in the microedge. i have no idea what caused that. how could it go WOT with my foot off the gas? i dont have a WOT switch on the throttle body bc with the microege all i had to do was hook it up to the TPS wire. anyone have any idea what went wrong??

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

Check your throttle body, maybe its stuck wide open..? I did a intake swap and when I reassembled and installed the bellows to the TB the hose clamp bolt head was positioned perfectly to stick the TB fully open near the cable connection area. I had a similar situation you had, drove fine until I put the pedal to the floor. Stabled at the pedal a few quick times and it released but it scared the shit out me. Good Luck and stay safe!

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

I've got a Harris wet kit with the micro-edge and have had no problems. Are you sure the trigger is picking up right? I know mine was actually for a GTO and we had to go straight off an injector instead. Hope you figure it out!
    2008 G8 GT
    CAI, 25% UDP, Livernois stage 1 cam, Kooks LTH"S, Catted X-Pipe, Kooks axle backs, DMH electric cutouts, 125 shot of happy juice and tune by Tony G at HP Performance!

black
    1998 Camaro SS

okay ill check that out. thanks for the help. it just confused me bc even if the computer tried to keep the car at WOT throttle it wouldnt work right? because to do that the throttle blade would have to be physically held open. if it isnt then there wouldnt be enough air getting to the engine to run WOT. i believe my thinking is correct here lol

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by jmatt07 View Post
    okay ill check that out. thanks for the help. it just confused me bc even if the computer tried to keep the car at WOT throttle it wouldnt work right? because to do that the throttle blade would have to be physically held open. if it isnt then there wouldnt be enough air getting to the engine to run WOT. i believe my thinking is correct here lol
    correct.....I see what you're getting at. The throttle itself had to physically be stuck open. Check your cable and the blade itself.

black
    1998 trans am

are you using a wide open throttle switch also. I have seen them flip in behind the " Throttle body cam" and hold wide open.

Mark

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

black
    1998 Camaro SS

Nope i dont have a wide open throttle switch because im using the microedge and it said i didnt need one. im thinking maybe its something unrelated to the nitrous system that caused the throttle blade to get stuck open and was just a coincedence. unless i wired the microedge wrong but even if thats true i dont see how it could cause the car to run WOT.

Thread Information