Metallic Blue
    94 Z28 A4 T Tops 52K MINT

Question which is safer for a stock 94 Z28 LT1 wet or dry?

Just wondering which is safer to run on my 94 z28 stock internals. Also I just have a K/N cold air intake, Granitelli MAF, airfoil, Translator Plus tuner, and a flowmaster cat back system. I ran a GM EFI wet fogger system on my ret 94 Z28, and it did ok, at 150 shot, I also was running headers and more mods.
    Any help would be great. Thanks, Scott
    Also are headers or any other important mod nessasary for running my old wet kit on my current 94 Z28 with 53K miles?
    Thanks....

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Basically you can run nitrous on any motor without any mods,I would be more concerned about the fuel system more then anything,factroy pump with alot of mile,best bet 100hp dry shot or less.

Trans Am owner
    former

I would run a nice wet fogger in the elbow, before the throttle body.

you can do a really sleeper setup with the solenoids hidden on the firewall, and nozzle under the elbow, covered with some plastic wire wrapping.

I would get a 6AL box to allow for timing accuracy and adjustments. also, some larger headers, (like stepped or, 1 7/8" headers)

btw, try to find a stock maf......you are MUCH better off

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Put a Walbro 255 pump in and get a wet system. That's what I would recommend you to do.
    I like to tune the A/F right where I want it with tuning on the jets.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Put a Walbro 255 pump in and get a wet system. That's what I would recommend you to do.
    I like to tune the A/F right where I want it with tuning on the jets.
    yup, I dunno, but I am kinda old school, and dont really trust the MAF to take care of the fuel side. if you have experience with nitrous you should be fine, but if you arent 100% confident, I would get a nitrous tune from a local shop. have them strap it on the dyno, and read A/F, spark, and all that good stuff

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I had 166,000 miles on my 93Z to 218,000 and ran nitrous the whole way, then i sold it. Was using 150 shot with the only upgrades being Adjustable fuel pressure regulator and spark plugs. Ohh and only on the 93Z the computer will not re adjust fuel pressure at WOT its set at were you want it and stays there. I also had a tune 7 degrees pulled by Alvin at Pcmforless and he did a great job.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Metallic Blue

Smile

So at wot you had the timing advanced 7 degrees? I thought you were suposed to retard the timing with nx at wot? Please correct me if i am wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I had 166,000 miles on my 93Z to 218,000 and ran nitrous the whole way, then i sold it. Was using 150 shot with the only upgrades being Adjustable fuel pressure regulator and spark plugs. Ohh and only on the 93Z the computer will not re adjust fuel pressure at WOT its set at were you want it and stays there. I also had a tune 7 degrees pulled by Alvin at Pcmforless and he did a great job.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

When i talked to Alvin i told him to pull 7 degrees out so retard timing 7 degrees not sure if im stating it correctly but thats what i thought by pulling timing was to retard the timing. Im sure he did that at WOT only or at a given rpms, either way the car on motor ran like crap had no were near the power it had above 4000rpms like it did before but it was safe for nitrous use and since i kept the car at low rpms for the most part i was ok with it. Going with a different ignition set up wouldve been better instead of pulling so much timing out and leaving it that way all the time.

Metallic Blue

yeah my bad pulling the timing is retarding it. Well I guess i am little rearded some times

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    When i talked to Alvin i told him to pull 7 degrees out so retard timing 7 degrees not sure if im stating it correctly but thats what i thought by pulling timing was to retard the timing. Im sure he did that at WOT only or at a given rpms, either way the car on motor ran like crap had no were near the power it had above 4000rpms like it did before but it was safe for nitrous use and since i kept the car at low rpms for the most part i was ok with it. Going with a different ignition set up wouldve been better instead of pulling so much timing out and leaving it that way all the time.

Thread Information