Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which NX kit?

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

Which NX kit?

I have a 2004 Z06.... Bassani TriY headers and Street Comp exhaust, Vinci 055 accelerated lift cam, AFR 205 61cc Mongoose heads, Crane 1.8 accelerated lift rockers, Crane 833 extreme duty springs, blueprinted oil pump, Shaner ported throttle body, double roller timing chain, Blackwing intake with a power duct and Haltech tunnel port grill, Textralia OZ700 clutch w/billet flywheel C6 Z06 shifter and QA1 shocks.
    I have pretty much decided on NX as the brand of nitrous kit I would like however I am not sure which of the kits is the best. Of course I will be getting all the accessories (GenIII heater,fpsw,window,purge etc). I am looking at running a 100 shot but don't want to rule out a little more. The car is mostly street driven but I go to several track nights as well. Which is the better kit? basic kit, single MAF kit or the LS1 MAF kit? http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/GMmain.htm
    Thanks!
    Last edited by qwkz06; 05-18-2007 at 03:02 AM. Reason: add link

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i run a single nozzle in my cars. the MAF kit is supposed to distribute better.

this is the kit specific to the corvette. http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/gm_1pc_massair.htm

100 is a nice place to start. once you get used to it, then go up.

btw, we're gonna have to meet up again, once i get my 408 done.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

The single nozzle will work fine. I like look of the MAF kit.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

Thanks folks, I really like the idea of the maf also if it distributes the spray more evenly. That has to lead to better atomization but I really have not heard from anybody who has the kit.
    MRR23, I am trying to get my launch down a little better without just blowing the tires off. Got some Nitto DRs, a new Textralia clutch and some QA1s (double adj in front and single in rear) I hope that works better. I really want 11s before the bottle but we will see. Hope to see you out there again soon.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

what's been your best, so far?

Black

Quote Originally Posted by qwkz06 View Post
    Thanks folks, I really like the idea of the maf also if it distributes the spray more evenly. That has to lead to better atomization but I really have not heard from anybody who has the kit.
    MRR23, I am trying to get my launch down a little better without just blowing the tires off. Got some Nitto DRs, a new Textralia clutch and some QA1s (double adj in front and single in rear) I hope that works better. I really want 11s before the bottle but we will see. Hope to see you out there again soon.
    I guess you miss my sig. I use the kit. Great kit. Real clean looking.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I guess you miss my sig. I use the kit. Great kit. Real clean looking.
    can't read all that tiny stuff.

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

I guess I am getting old. Didn't see the sig info. Does the maf style spray better or just look good and clean?
    mrr23, I have not been out in a while. Had a problem with the first Textralia clutch I put in and it was not fully disengaging so I couldn't get it to shift. Ran a couple of 12.40s but that was without hitting second or third on the first try. Trap speeds really drop with that also..117. Everything is supposed to be fixed and I am picking her up tomorrow. She will also have my new QA1 duals on the front and singles on the back. Maybe I can get better than a high 1.9 60 now. She should be a solid 11 sec car on the motor if I can learn to drive. We will see.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the MAF style will spray better compared to a nozzle. how much better is up in the air as i haven't seen any nozzle versus plate tests. also, it's closer to the intake, so a little better distribution to the rear cylinders.

who did your clutch swap?

yes, your car will be a high 11 second, once you get all the bugs out of it.

i see no one has answered your thread on ls1tech.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by qwkz06 View Post
    I guess I am getting old. Didn't see the sig info. Does the maf style spray better or just look good and clean?
    mrr23, I have not been out in a while. Had a problem with the first Textralia clutch I put in and it was not fully disengaging so I couldn't get it to shift. Ran a couple of 12.40s but that was without hitting second or third on the first try. Trap speeds really drop with that also..117. Everything is supposed to be fixed and I am picking her up tomorrow. She will also have my new QA1 duals on the front and singles on the back. Maybe I can get better than a high 1.9 60 now. She should be a solid 11 sec car on the motor if I can learn to drive. We will see.

I am thinking it would be better. Plus you can also run a dual-stage if you want.

And you don't have to worry about the nozzle moving around.

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

My clutch was done at the dealer while I was having the shift fork upgrade and a synchro repaired under warranty.
    I would love to see some plate pictures on a corvette set up if anybody has some.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

one from nitrousoutlet

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

That set up looks really clean. The research I have been doing looks like the Dave's set up should produce a more even spray compared to nozzles. I think I may go that way. thanks

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

no problem. that's why we are here.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i have a little birdie telling me your car is getting this installed as i type. what's the latest?

tweet tweet

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

Arrow

Yes you guys are right. I elected to go with the Nitro Daves plate kit. Nitrous outlet had a good deal going in the month of June. I didn't go with dual bottles like I had originally planned but I am having all the wiring done to go that route in the future if I want. We are getting ready to make a first run in the next few days to see if my fuel system will be up to the task even though I am only planning on spraying a 100 shot. Of course, based on everyones recommendations I will be running a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, heater, remote gauge and the like. The one little ricer thing I am adding is the little red LED light on the purge. Couldn't help myself. Provided the fuel system is up to snuff she should be putting down well over 500 RWHP and 500 RWTQ.
    Now that I have my new clutch, trans brace, Nittos and dual adjustable QA1s maybe I can learn how to plant her a little better so a 60 of less than 2.0.
    By the way....Tweet tweet....buy my tuner and help pay for this kit...LOL

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i put in a good word for you. we'll have to meet up again soon. i need to hit the track with my stuff.

i didn't see a boost-a-pump. are you going to have that as well, or is this part of the wait and see if you need it thing?

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

MRR23, Thanks! You are right. No BAP yet nor a new Racetronix pump or harness. I guess I will know in a day or two whether my system is up to the task. Hopefully I will get her out to the track again in the near future. Hope to see you out there. Any new tricks on the bird? Skip

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

one. well, maybe two. how about a 408 with a direct port nitrous kit?

Thread Information