I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

Question NX fuel rail adapter

I feel retarded for asking because I'm sure its simple, but how do you hook one of these suckers up? I don't have any experiance with the fuel rails what so ever, but I do have access to a tool to remove the schrader valve from the fuel rail. I bought NX part #16185 from a local speed shop that said it would work for this application. Bad thing is when it was delivered, it didnt come with any install instructions and I cant find anything on the web either.

Little help please! Here is a pic from NX's website of the part I bought:

My guess would be the long skinny end goes into the fuel rail and the metal clip holds it in place around the fuel rail?

What vehicle are you attempting to install this on? If its a LS1/6/2 just hook the -4AN line directly to the shraeder valve. Just make sure the take out the internal valve with a tire stem removal tool before hooking the hose up. Shoot me over your email and I'll send you a copy of our installation instructions so you can see some pictures of what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Corvettekid82 View Post
    I feel retarded for asking because I'm sure its simple, but how do you hook one of these suckers up? I don't have any experiance with the fuel rails what so ever, but I do have access to a tool to remove the schrader valve from the fuel rail. I bought NX part #16185 from a local speed shop that said it would work for this application. Bad thing is when it was delivered, it didnt come with any install instructions and I cant find anything on the web either.

Little help please! Here is a pic from NX's website of the part I bought:

Click for full size

My guess would be the long skinny end goes into the fuel rail and the metal clip holds it in place around the fuel rail?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

It looks like it goes where the fuel line connects to the rail. Not where the shrader valve is.

I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@HSW View Post
    What vehicle are you attempting to install this on? If its a LS1/6/2 just hook the -4AN line directly to the shraeder valve. Just make sure the take out the internal valve with a tire stem removal tool before hooking the hose up. Shoot me over your email and I'll send you a copy of our installation instructions so you can see some pictures of what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Matt
    Awesome thanks for the help!

Ed - you're right my friend. I guess I really don't need this adapter, I can just pull off of the test port once I remove the schrader valve.

Thread Information