Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

NX Bottle Valve Replacement

ok so I was playing around with some wiring in the TA earlier today and wanted to test out the rewired bottle heater however much to my surprise I could not turn the knob to open my bottle. I figured the valve was just stuck so I tried to work it out and in the process busted the knob off the bottle. I see that new NX valves are about 70 bucks but do I need a particular one for my NX bottle? It is a 10 lb bottle. Also how hard would it be to replace? Any help would be appreciated..

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

ok.. I got the bottle disassembled wasn't that difficult just everything was gorilla torqued on so prevent leaks but I finally have a completely disassembled nitrous bottle. Now the search beings for a new super high flow valve!!
    Alright... I'm starting it now. Try not to piss yourself.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

just contact NX and get one from them. hell, i have three bottle valves sitting in my toolbox.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

that's probrably what ill have to do.. I have just seen so many other brands for a lot cheaper than NX and didn't know if they would work or not.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

most every one has the same fitment for bottles. with only two manufacturers for bottles, it's one size fits all. just make sure it's for a 10 pound bottle to get the correct length siphon tube. here's comparison i did.

while the bottles look the same on the outside, it's the bottle valve and siphon tubes that are different. while doing the nitrous nozzle shootout, NX donated three bottle valve so all the bottles during the test would be the same to prevent any variance.

three things you'll see right off the bat when looking at the compucar and NX bottle valve/siphon tube combo.

first is siphon tube size. the NX is 3/8" OD. the compucar is 1/2" OD. the ny-trex is 3/8" OD. i can almost fit the NX inside the compucar. which tells me you would get more volume through the compucar. second is how each company bends their siphon tubes. also, ny-trex adds a flare at the end. third, the 45* angle outlet of the NX versus the 90* angle of the compucar and ny-trex. the NX having a better flow coming out of the valve.

here you can see how much thicker the compucar siphon tube is compared to the NX and ny-trex. makes it harder to flex and bend. i have seen my ny-trex siphon tube bent out of shape after using it for some time. it has the same thickness as the NX.

here, you can see that compucar threads their siphon tube into the valve. the NX is pressed in. ny-trex uses an AN fitting. we have heard about siphon tubes falling out of the valves. looks like compucar and ny-trex solved that one.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

wow.. thanks for the info man. I have seen the new nx valve and knew it was supposed to flow better because of the 45 degree angle but the one I have now is a 90 and I don't know about how well the line would fit with the 45. Another question I have is if the NX 45 degree valve would actually flow more than a valve like the compucar that has a 90 degree up top but a larger siphone tube. I would think the NX valve is like have awesome headers on a stock exhaust..

Thread Information