Black
    2002 WS6

Nitrous tips for the novice.

I just finished my HSW kit with all the accessories. There are a few things that took me forever because they weren't planned out.

1.First, My kit was designed for 4an fuel, My standalone came with 6an. Took a week to find the fitting.

2. Leave your wires long until everything is in place and working. You'll find later that things can be neater by simply moving around the relays and solenoids. This occurred for me after I had everthing wired and then began to fully understand the system.

3. To mount bottle, either buy a plate or easily make one using wood or sheet metal to create a floor in the spare tire compartment. Took 2 hours to figure this out.

4. Please buy a roll of blue, yellow, black, and red 14 gauge wire. Also buy extra inline connectors and clamp connectors (rpm and TPS), black tape and zip ties. Have on hand a Good set of wire strippers. I used grip pliers on my ends to make stable connections.

5. Get a voltmeter. It will help you to troubleshoot wiring connection issues. Also, it helps one to find the right pins.

6. The red connector refers to the red around the plug of the connector in the pcm. Actually its easier to just say it the bottom set of wires. Count from left to right to get your pin count correct. The actual numbers on the connector are in the 50's and 70's, so ignore.

7. There is a hole behind the pcm to run all the wires that you need into the car. You'll have to move the pcm by removing the bracket.

8. label all the wires that you bring through the firewall. Prewire everything that you can. eg. bottle heater, bottle opener

9. Prewire the switches and connect to wires after your ashtray plate is in place. Especially the bottle heater switch. It's cheap and flimsy. The ends push the prongs up into the switch easily and it's another week before you get another one.

10. On the switches, remember that the gold prong is negative. Your switch won't light if you have the wires reversed.

11. Don't Top off the fuel cell even though the instructions say to do so. The fluid leaks out of the wiring harness. This cost me $125 given I was paying for a dyno tune and aborted the procedure when I say 116 soaking my relay.

12. Make sure you tighten all the connections well. The nitrous side will easily show. If the fuel side leaks, it's a bit of a mess.

13, Oreilly's sale a set of wrenchs designed for nitrous fittings for $20 if you don't have them already, 11/16, I think 7/16 and 9/16.

14.If using the microedge, you won't need the WOT switch that comes with your kit. So don't spend hours trying to fab a bracket or figure out how in the hell your going to get this thins to be suspended in perfect position. After I figured it out. I later realized that the voltage from the TPS negates the need for this. Also, if using the microedge, and not using TPS. The microedge must be set to negative and not off. Most importantly, when the microedge is working it will say spraying. I don't think that written in the instructions.

15. The standalone comes with the thinner taller low pressure switch installed. The jets are designed for high pressure. So, this spring must be replaced with the shorter stouter spring. You can adjust it by turning the screw at the top of the regulator. You will need to borrow a fuel pressure gauge.

I hope that this helps someone. I was a complete newbie. I did the install to learn the system. Now I could do it all within a day. It took over 24 real hours the first time though. That's not counting all of the internet questions and waiting on replies and weeks of waiting on simple parts.
    Last edited by RealLiveMD; 07-12-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Sticky?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

nice information
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

great write up man. sticky!!

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Thanks for the info

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I'll be needing this info here shortly

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I'll be needing this info here shortly

Black
    2002 WS6

Sticky .......ohh wait I wrote this.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    dont worry i gotta fix the pickup before i go throwin more into the car

And plan on modding and tinkering to get some of HSW stuff to fit. Still a good system tho....

Thread Information