Thread: Nitrous Kit

White
    2000 Camaro SS

Nitrous Kit

I will be installing a 100-hp dry shot on my 2000 ss, my mods are in my sig. First off my car is tuned with hp tuner software should I richen up the tune. Second do i need a window switch or do you think the transmission will be fine if spray through the shifts. My car ha 71000 miles and is in great condition. Car will only be sprayed every once in awhile. Anything else i need. Also where can i hide the silonoids. I will mount the 10-lb bottle in a bag right behind my drivers seat. What you guys think.

torch red
    99 c5

i would not spray through the shifts my vett is shifting at 6200 rpm and i'm going to kill the spray at 6000.... i think the window switch is a very good safety item espectially if your driving a stick

White
    2000 Camaro SS

oh my car is a automatic.

get an RPM window switch and do like the nice man said, dont squeeze through shifts.
    I squeezed from 3200 to 5800 w/ an A4. it saves clutch packs and driveshafts in the long run.
    Not to mention what it will do to your stock converter.....

Tom

black
    99 Z28

window switch? what does it do?

what exactly does the window switch do? Im about to put a NOS 5177 kit on my Z, and need to know what is neccessity for proper functioning and safety??? Please help. Its going to be completely hidden and Im trying to avoid un-needed gauges.

black
    99 Z28

oops forgot about this...............

What about Hypertech.. should I change the timing back to stock if Im gonna spray? Does anyone know the exact degree that is safe w/ no detonation. Have access to HP tuner.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

BJSS25 - no need to richen up the tune. the MAF will do that for you. depending on your total timing, you may need to back it off a little. spraying through the shifts is up to you. i do it on all my cars. hiding the solenoids, well keep the hood closed. some have hid it under the airlid by the radiator. then stick hte nozzle into the bellow from the bottom. use black wire loom. even use black tape on the solenoid itself.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by cartert75
    get an RPM window switch and do like the nice man said, dont squeeze through shifts.
    I squeezed from 3200 to 5800 w/ an A4. it saves clutch packs and driveshafts in the long run.
    Not to mention what it will do to your stock converter.....

Tom

please mention what it'll do to a stock converter. especially a 100 shot. i've put 150+ through stock trans and converters in both cars for some time. both times i had trans problems is when i was out screwing around not giving the trans enough time to cool down and burned the 2nd gear band.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629
    what exactly does the window switch do? Im about to put a NOS 5177 kit on my Z, and need to know what is neccessity for proper functioning and safety??? Please help. Its going to be completely hidden and Im trying to avoid un-needed gauges.

the window switch turns the n2o on and off at given rpms that you set it to.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629
    What about Hypertech.. should I change the timing back to stock if Im gonna spray? Does anyone know the exact degree that is safe w/ no detonation. Have access to HP tuner.

depends on what the total timing the hypertech has made the timing tables. i've run 25* total timing on 150+. but, to be on the safe side, take it back to stock. only use the shift settings and such.

black
    99 Z28

thanx thats exactly what i needed to know.. Also where can I get a good purge kit with two nozzles(one for each side of the car)

So you think I should get a window switch to be safe and insure no tranny or converter problems?

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

I'd advise a timing tuner....it can pull timing and act as a window switch for you...

-Will

Usually a dry shot will pull a few degrees of timing. If you need to pull more then that then the LS1 Timing Tuner would be your best bet.

Matt

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

you use one purge solenoid. then split the line coming out.

Thread Information