HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Nitrous Install, Help

anyways the biggest problem i have with the install is basically intimidation....theres lots of wires, lots of lil plastic things, lots of poorly made up instructions that i probabaly wont use because im using soo many different parts than the dynotune kit...soo im basically im a lego type of guy...i like steps where i start and then something else added on to the picture.....what i need is a step by step wire to wire type of thing in a nutshell..im startin with mounting the bottle, drilling a hole through the floor and running the main line to the engine bay, what do i use to fill the hole after the line is passed?? AND DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME REEEAL TALL BOTTLE BRACKETS???... that basically elevate the bottle higher on one side, this is step one....however, for example, how does the fpps switch, rpm act switch, and tps wot switch all hook up??? wire to wire..and my gauges, where does that pressure hook up go to?? i have a n20 and fuel pressure gauge, my bottle heater looks impossible to do.....also im confused on how everything is goin to have a 12v source, im gonna need like 10 12 volt sources,lol...i need some short cuts, please help me to the full detail and extent....also what tools come in handy, crimper, wire splicer?? do i have to make my own wires with those lil plastic flat metal connector thingys??

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

I'm about to get a N2O set-up also...The way I see it is with something like
    N2O where if you do install something wrong it could cost you your motor , I'd go to a pro and look over his sholder and pick his brain while he does it so that 1.I know it's hooked up right and 2.I now know how to do it myself. Just my 2 cents. But it's all up to you man. Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    I'm about to get a N2O set-up also...The way I see it is with something like
    N2O where if you do install something wrong it could cost you your motor , I'd go to a pro and look over his sholder and pick his brain while he does it so that 1.I know it's hooked up right and 2.I now know how to do it myself. Just my 2 cents. But it's all up to you man. Good luck bro.
    yeah my n20 system is verrryy safe...i ahve all the nice accesories, coulda costed me only bout 400 bucks, but i spent 1200 on safety crap all together just soo i never have any problems

which vehicle are you going to spray ?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

You don't have any friends that are good with wiring?
    That is the MOST critical part that HAS TO BE CORRECT!!!

The bottle issue you can make a stand for the brakets you have now to elevate them.
    You could get a piece of 1/16" alum. that you can bend yourself in a vise. There is many ways you can make a riser for the brakets.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    which vehicle are you going to spray ?
    my z

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Who's kit did you purchase? I got the HSW kit and their instructions are fairly straight forward. I also bought the window switch and bottle heater - the instructions for those even look fairly easy by just tying into specific locations in the simplest form of wiring diagram. Both my RPM window switch and the bottle heater came with seperate instructions showing where to tie into the electricals of the N2O system.

Which window switch did you get?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Bottom line is tho - if you're not comfortable with the installation, get it done professionally! Obviously a N2O install gone bad CAN cause your motor to fry - and no one wants that.

Here's a good wiring schematic to help with that mess of wires
    http://www.barrygrant.com/nitrous/default.aspx?page=113

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

[QUOTE=Raoul-Duke;717497]anyways the biggest problem i have with the install is basically intimidation....theres lots of wires, lots of lil plastic things, lots of poorly made up instructions that i probabaly wont use because im using soo many different parts than the dynotune kit...soo im basically im a lego type of guyQUOTE]
    R U SERIOUS????????????i know its rewarding to complete a job or install yourself but please...leave this one for the more experienced mechanic.no offense but i do not want to see a fellow fbody driver to blow their car or even worse him/herself up.please take no offense.im just saying..imo by what ive read on your post,it would be best to let someone tackle the install while you watch and ask a bunch of questions.

Thread Information