nitrous hesitation.

I have a nitrous works universal kit intalled set for a 100 shot. Proble is on the first shot the car falls on its ass than takes off like a bat out of hell. my nitrous jet is a 55 and according to my chart its supposed have a 29 fuel jet. to try to correct this I have been backing down my fuel jet. right now I have a 24 fuel jet it seemed to help a little but I still have this problem. I dont have a purge kit so I just purge it though te motor before I hit it. I have new stock plugs which I think might be the problem with stock timing. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

how bad of a hesitation is it?? like doesnt it allmost feel like its going to shut off or just a slight split second stumble??
    you should also change those plugs out and run some NGK Tr6's.
    have you been on the dyno to check air fuel?? whats that at?
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

it's more of just a split second hesitation I have not had it tuned yet. I think getting apurge valve might fix it because if I purge it though the engine before I hit it, it doesnt hesitate. Im am just worried about the lean fuel jet im using to prevent the hesitation. The fuel jet is for a 50 shot according to my chart.

Pewter
    2002 Trans am WS6 T-top

Man you are a brave soul( stock plugs and stock timming). Iam no expert, but read alot. I saw some pics over on the n20 section of LS1tech.com with stock plugs, very ugly. The strap was completly melted away on three out of the eight.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

you will allways get a slight hesitation with wet kits upon activating the system...its pretty common. what you NEED to do is change out those plugs and get some sort of timing device to pull the timing on the spray...this will not affect your hesitation either way but it will save your engine. And do yourself a favor, get the car on the dyno and check your AFR...you could be running at a dangerous level and not know it. just my opinion.

Black
    2000 / SS

My wet system does the samething, except it doesnt stop! I put it on the rollers w/ a wideband and found out it's putting me @ 17.5:1 air/fuel YIKKKKKKKES!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboycntdnce View Post
    My wet system does the samething, except it doesnt stop! I put it on the rollers w/ a wideband and found out it's putting me @ 17.5:1 air/fuel YIKKKKKKKES!!!
    Can you say detonation............
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

thats beyond detonation...your in "Melted Pistons" territory...

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

yeah needless to say the pulls stopped immeadiately

Mag Red
    '98 C5

I had the same prob right after my nitrous intsall and it turned out to be weak fuel pump. Upgraded to Walbro 255lph and all is fine.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by CODE4LS1 View Post
    I had the same prob right after my nitrous intsall and it turned out to be weak fuel pump. Upgraded to Walbro 255lph and all is fine.
    Yes very true. I have said in many other threads this is one of the first mods I do. As cheap as you can get them now it's pointless not to upgrade.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Dropping the size of the fuel jet is a BAD idea. Go back to what the manufacturer recommended, do not pass go, do NOT spray it again until you've done so. All you're doing is LEANING out your A/F terribly, which will hurt you even more. Additionally, you need some colder plugs, not sure why that isn't done either. Finally, stock timing SHOULD be ok, but you could be detonating and as a result you timing will be dropping big time which will also take gobs of power away. All that should be seriously considered... That is unless you don't mind toying with the idea of melting your motor.

If your nitrous install isn't behaving 100% correctly, get it on a dyno with an A/F meter and get the problem fixed before you cost yourself an engine.

-Eagle

PS - Hate to say it, but people that run nitrous as described in the first post here is what gives nitrous its bad name. Do it right, or go home.
    Last edited by Eagle; 02-08-2008 at 02:07 PM.
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

Thread Information