stock 3.42 gears
    mods:
    3" y pipe
    3" catback
    msd coil packs & wires
    throttle body bypass
    free ram air mod
    eibach pro kit
    (has been lowered 31/2" in front 3" in rear)

current best time was
    13.51 @108
    with a really shitty 0-60 due to shitty stock tires 1

i am deff. going to invest in some et streets...
    but i am tossing around the idea of adding a 150 dry shot on my car

i was just wondering if anyone had similar mods and what kind of gains i would be looking at
    any feedback is greatly appreciated

Tony

BLACK / SUNSET MET.
    02 NHRA TRANSAM / 01 SS

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Rule of thumb friend would be .5 tenths....it would most assuredly put you in the 12's....

Red
    1996 Camaro Z28

Right your mph suggest that you should be running closer to 13.1 or 13.2. Some ET streets would help, however there are a few issues you need to think about. Do you still have the stock clutch? If you do, there is a good chance that the Et streets will over power a used stock clutch, negating their full usefulness. From my experience a new 12 bolt, with 3.73 or preferrable 4.10's Et streets, and a solid clutch to hold the pwer to the track, will gain you a good half a second. So without changing you mph, and some solid 60 foots, you would be in the high 12's. Oh if you do the mods, and you hook, expect your mph to drop 1-2 mph. I normally 60 ft around 1.50's. Kevin

Red
    1996 Camaro Z28

Oh I forgot to comment on the nitrous. There is a lot to running nitrous as a complete kit. Retard box, MSD ignition, colder plugs, window switch, headers to get the spent gases out, subframe connectors, 6 point roll bar 5 point harness, because with the mods that I mentioned you should be in the low 11's . Speed cost money, how fast can you afford to go?

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I agree with 1Baf F N Z as far as the supporting drivetrain mods that you will need for this kind of setup. There is no need to up your power until your car can handle it unless you just want to waste your money. You would definatly see good gains from the nitrous but it order so it to be fully effective you are going to need to hook and get that clutch to hold without blowing out your rear end. As far as the Nitrous kit itself, you dont need things like a 6 point roll bar or a harness unless you are going to be trying to race this car all the time. Worse that can happen at the track is you get a bad ass time and they tell you you cant run anymore til you do it, which make for some bragging rights lol. The MSD ignition also isnt something that you need, just the colder plugs would be fine. With all the items that he listed I cant believe that he didnt tell you to upgrade your fuel pump. If you are going to be running a 150 dry then you would need it, however your stocker should be fine on a 150 wet like I am running.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

plain and simple. for every 10 hp = .1 in the 1/4 mile. so 150 rwhp will net you about 1.5 seconds in the 1/4. regardless of what you already have. of course, this is dependant on you and the effectiveness of the system. i don't run a dry shot. i use wet. that way i don't have to upgrade fuel injectors.

stock vs 150 n2o
    276 rwhp vs 405 rwhp = 129 rwhp gain
    ET NA - 13.64 @ 102.66 150 N2O - 12.056 @ 118.46 = 1.5 second gain

stock vs 200 n2o
    291 rwhp vs 426 rwhp = 135 rwhp gain
    ET NA - 13.60 @ 101.66 200 N2O - 11.97 @ 118.04 = 1.63 gain

now 50 more hp should've gained me another .5 normally. problem with using so much from the start is the stock goodyear tires wouldn't hold the added power. so, had to start the n2o later.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

red
    98 camaro z28 m6

yeah 10hp shot takes about .10 off th e/t so 150hp would take 1.5sec off e/t

but the car needs to be able to handel that power in order for it to work they way you want it to.

hell im 19, i bought my 98z m6 and be for i throw some big Hp at it other things need to be done first. ex. the clutch is now swaped out to a ls7, and the trans was rebuilt and beefed up. yeah i put a lid and lm II on it but that dosent make a huge increase like n20 would. im saving for a 12 bolt now, so i can get some dr's and launch it hard and know ill be able to drive it back home.........and not have to ride bitch in the tow truck

Thread Information