Thread: Nitrous

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Nitrous

Looking for some help on a Nitrous kit.What is the difference in wet an dry systems? also own a 00 ws6 with bolt ons would like a 100 shot system any help an info would be appreciated,thank .

Joe

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

dry - only has nitrous running through the intake. relies on fuel injectors to add fuel. nozzle goes before the maf.

wet- has both fuel and nitrous going through the intake. nozzle goes after the maf.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    99 Formula

dry kit uses MAF to regulate fuel, wet kits install after MAF and have fuel jets that accompany the N20 jets. Wet kits have way more TQ at same HP setting and have way more pwr potential.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

given that you have a 2000 model, note that the 99-00 model had the smallest injectors.
    Going w/ a dry kit will make the extra fuel go through the injectors, which might limit you before the fuel pump will... for that reason, i'd go wet... so you can run the 100shot no problem.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

black
    2002 trans am ws6

ive always heard( and keep in mind i have little knowledge of nitrous) that a wet shot is safer is that true?

Black
    99 Formula

ive got a 99 formula, ran a 125hp dry kit for almost five years with hundreds of passes at the track, ive had a couple of misshifts but never had a back fire or any damage, ive got wet kit now, no problems yet but ive seen what happens with wet kit mishift, blows maf to pieces, dry kit deffinetly more forgiving, plus you have fewer componants that can fail, if n20 solenoid fails no foul, on wet kit if fuel solenoid fails your bumming

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by cuzimoto View Post
    ive seen what happens with wet kit mishift, blows maf to pieces
    Dunno about all that exploding MAF non sense... ...but in any case thats why God gave us window switches. I have missed 4th on the long end of the track and spun the motor to 6500 with the nitrous ON and no issues with my wet kit because the spray shuts down at 6200 all by itself.

I decided to go with a wet shot because the fuel is mixed instantly with the N2O rather than waiting on the computer to see the shot coming and get enough fuel to my 28# injectors to keep up on the stock fuel system I had at at the time of the install. Not to mention the instant 60* (or more) drop in temp your MAF sees when you spray the giggle juice through it... I really wanted to go the route that put the least amount of stress on the rest of the system. Just my $.02

HTH,
    -Eagle
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

with the HSW Interface you no longer HAVE TO place the knozzle before the MAF. it allows you to put the knozzle anywhere you want and adjust for fuel accordingly...and it pulls timing also... it eliminates the trial and error of knozzle position in the lid when your running too rich or too lean.
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

Thread Information