Black
    2000 Corvette

My C5 n02 set-up. Feedback??

Hope everything's good with you,

2000 Vette stock save air intake and cat-back exhaust. 200 hp Shot of N02 off a Cold Fusion application with bottle heater and purge kit. Replaced spark plugs with -2 colder and will also retard timing by 6-7 degrees. High output Walbro fuel pump (255-Lingenfelter built).

Question: I had ordered a Diablo Sport programmer but returned it for a Full Throttle n02/timing controller. To my knowledge the Diablo can only adjust timing 10% (or 3.5 for my car) so it wasn't sufficent. The Full throttle piece can do 7 or 8 derees. The Full Throttle piece cannot adjust air/fuel ratio, but I plan on a dyno and custom tune anyhow. My question is do I need the Diablo or is the FT N02 cont. good enough. Also if I go to get Custom tuned at a Dyno, will they be able to adjust everything from their software or do I have to provide the programmer?? Link to the FT timer:
    thunderracing dot com

I want a safe application and that's why I upgraded my fuel pump. In addition I've been told if I want to be extra safe I could get higher output fuel injectors. What say you? Do I need them? Will they help? If so, what amount?

Last question: I have heard so many opinions of what a Vette engine can handel. I plan on running 200 shot and monitoring spark plugs for a while. I would like to hit 250 at the strip and 300 if it is prudent (doubt it though). What is your opinion of safe? COuld I get away with 250 with 120 octane?

Also- will the colder spark plugs affect non-N02 performance? My friend saays I will not be able to use them under normal conditions?!

Thnaks for your input! Is there another place I should post questions like this or is here the spot??

-Juiced (in a week, anyhow)

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Juiced2000C5
    Hope everything's good with you,

2000 Vette stock save air intake and cat-back exhaust. 200 hp Shot of N02 off a Cold Fusion application with bottle heater and purge kit. Replaced spark plugs with -2 colder and will also retard timing by 6-7 degrees. High output Walbro fuel pump (255-Lingenfelter built).

Question: I had ordered a Diablo Sport programmer but returned it for a Full Throttle n02/timing controller. To my knowledge the Diablo can only adjust timing 10% (or 3.5 for my car) so it wasn't sufficent. The Full throttle piece can do 7 or 8 derees. The Full Throttle piece cannot adjust air/fuel ratio, but I plan on a dyno and custom tune anyhow. My question is do I need the Diablo or is the FT N02 cont. good enough. Also if I go to get Custom tuned at a Dyno, will they be able to adjust everything from their software or do I have to provide the programmer?? Link to the FT timer:
    thunderracing dot com

I want a safe application and that's why I upgraded my fuel pump. In addition I've been told if I want to be extra safe I could get higher output fuel injectors. What say you? Do I need them? Will they help? If so, what amount?

Last question: I have heard so many opinions of what a Vette engine can handel. I plan on running 200 shot and monitoring spark plugs for a while. I would like to hit 250 at the strip and 300 if it is prudent (doubt it though). What is your opinion of safe? COuld I get away with 250 with 120 octane?

Also- will the colder spark plugs affect non-N02 performance? My friend saays I will not be able to use them under normal conditions?!

Thnaks for your input! Is there another place I should post questions like this or is here the spot??

-Juiced (in a week, anyhow)
    I applaud your approach.....many just slap em on and hit the button and catch all of their engine parts returning to earth....a 150 shot is the maximum I would go on your motor.....after that you need/require a forged bottom end.....your OEM rods/rod bolts/pistons are gonna go south in a hurry on a 200+ shot...and yes your injectors are gonna exceed 100% load in a hurry and your gonna lean and fry a piston.....
    Now not all doom and gloom here man
    A 150 shot is gonna rocket your ass.....many believe the more nitrous I shoot the faster I go....well...sorta.....mebbe....in a 1/4 mile run a 150 shot will drop your ET about .5 tenths...from an all NA application...somethimes more (depends a lot on the setup/driver)....but lets count on a .5 tenth (that's a bunch man)...now take that same car and driver and boost the shot to 250...you may see an extra .1 or .2 tenths.....now that is a shitload of money for forged bottom ends/driveline/suspension for a couple of tenths aint it?
    I would recommend you install the setup and jet it for a 150 shot...dyno tune that bad boy and watch your FP and AF...keeping your FP around 60-62lbs during WOT with the spray and your AF in the 11's at WOT with the spray.....
    try that first.....get your ET's down....your launches down.....then you can go play some more for that extra .2 tenths
    And yes colder plugs cause my car to sorta be a bitch starting sometimes...other than that I notice no difference.....

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i run a 200 motor rated on my 00 formula. been doing it for over a year. completely stock motor and fuel system. run 25* total timing as well.

if you go to a performance shop that does dynotuning with an editor like ls1edit, hptuners, etc... they can change just about everything.

if the 150 n2o (not NO2) is a dry kit (only nitrous is injected into the intake), then larger injectors are in order. if wet (nitrous and fuel into intake), then no need for larger injectors. as the nitrous kit is adding the needed fuel.

i have read some people have run a 250 rwhp on a stock shortblock. i just added a second stage to the black car. first stage 50, second stage 200 total 250. so, we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    A 150 shot is gonna rocket your ass.....many believe the more nitrous I shoot the faster I go....well...sorta.....mebbe....in a 1/4 mile run a 150 shot will drop your ET about .5 tenths...from an all NA application
    not sure what you are getting at here. are you saying the nitrous car will be about .5 quicker than a NA car given the same peak hp? or you are saying NA to 150 n2o on same car is about .5 quicker?

second version would be incorrect (i think you mean the first version though). here's my runs the same day:

NA
    13.60 @ 101.66

150 n2o
    12.21 @ 117.70

200 n2o
    11.97 @ 118.04

you can use two steps colder plugs in everyday driving. as this is what i do in both cars. might feel some misfiring at idle.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    2000 Corvette

Thanks for the responses!

I get the car tomorrow. It has a new Centerforce dual friction clutch that need to be broken in for 500 miles!! Shity.....I guess I'll have to wait, but I'll let you guys know what's up. Thanks again.

-Juiced

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    i run a 200 motor rated on my 00 formula. been doing it for over a year. completely stock motor and fuel system. run 25* total timing as well.

if you go to a performance shop that does dynotuning with an editor like ls1edit, hptuners, etc... they can change just about everything.

if the 150 n2o (not NO2) is a dry kit (only nitrous is injected into the intake), then larger injectors are in order. if wet (nitrous and fuel into intake), then no need for larger injectors. as the nitrous kit is adding the needed fuel.

i have read some people have run a 250 rwhp on a stock shortblock. i just added a second stage to the black car. first stage 50, second stage 200 total 250. so, we'll see how it goes.

not sure what you are getting at here. are you saying the nitrous car will be about .5 quicker than a NA car given the same peak hp? or you are saying NA to 150 n2o on same car is about .5 quicker?

second version would be incorrect (i think you mean the first version though). here's my runs the same day:

NA
    13.60 @ 101.66

150 n2o
    12.21 @ 117.70

200 n2o
    11.97 @ 118.04

you can use two steps colder plugs in everyday driving. as this is what i do in both cars. might feel some misfiring at idle.
    Yes...what I said ( or tried to say anyway) is that a NA car will realize approximately a .5 et better time on a 150 shot.....then after that you do not realize all that much between a 150 shot and a 200 shot.....of course it all depends a great deal on the driver/track etc. etc.....
    I would start out with a 150 shot and get my launches/et's down as low as I could get them...then go the 200 shot....but your not gonna realize all that much difference in et's......

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Yes...what I said ( or tried to say anyway) is that a NA car will realize approximately a .5 et better time on a 150 shot.....then after that you do not realize all that much between a 150 shot and a 200 shot.....of course it all depends a great deal on the driver/track etc. etc.....
    I would start out with a 150 shot and get my launches/et's down as low as I could get them...then go the 200 shot....but your not gonna realize all that much difference in et's......
    ok. just wanted to make sure we were on the same page of thinking there with the NA vs n2o.

i agree with sarge, start low, then as you get the feel for it and feel comfortable with where you are at, then step up. i've been using n2o for almost 8 years now. take your time with it. most of the problems people have with it, are because they got over zealous.

Thread Information