black
    1998 Camaro SS

microedge controller?

does anyone have the microedge controller from hsw?? i have it all wired in and everything but on the microege it shows my rpm and they are way off. there are different settings for the rpm and none of them are close to being right. any ideas?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatt07 View Post
    does anyone have the microedge controller from hsw?? i have it all wired in and everything but on the microege it shows my rpm and they are way off. there are different settings for the rpm and none of them are close to being right. any ideas?
    I dont have there microedge, but what are you comparing the rpm's to the stock tach? If so the stock tach is off.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

the stock tach is off? i dont think its not that much off. ive changed it to all the possible rpm settings and the closest one is like 500 rpm off. i check the directions again and i connected it to the right wire on the pcm.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I have it, no problems. I've only sprayed the car twice since it's been installed, but worked well.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

did you connect the rpm wire to the white wire on the pcm or did you connect it to a coil? how do you have it setup? i cant get the rpms to be correct on the screen and my 02 voltage is wrong.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

did you connect the rpm wire to the white wire on the pcm or did you connect it to a coil? how do you have it setup? i cant get the rpms to be correct on the screen and my 02 voltage is wrong.
    I tapped a wire on the passenger side fender. It is very close to a plug.

Black
    2002 WS6

By now I'm sure your car is running right and that you set the rpm pulse to 2

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Ive never had a problem with mine. But mine wasnt hooked up anything like y'alls setups. Instructions said "just like 05-06 GTO". Bullshit. Damn Holden! But mine works great. Is yours better now?
    2008 G8 GT
    CAI, 25% UDP, Livernois stage 1 cam, Kooks LTH"S, Catted X-Pipe, Kooks axle backs, DMH electric cutouts, 125 shot of happy juice and tune by Tony G at HP Performance!

black
    1998 Camaro SS

uhh...i think mine is working correctly now. the rpm on microedge says like 850-875 at idle and my tach says 1000. someone told me that that tach is a lil off anyway but is that right??? and i think i got the o2 hooked up right, on the microedge it will be around .45 like the instructions says it should be but it will go up around there and then go to 0 and a few sec later will go back up and then down and up.......so im not sure if thats normal or not

Black
    2002 WS6

uhh...i think mine is working correctly now. the rpm on microedge says like 850-875 at idle and my tach says 1000. someone told me that that tach is a lil off anyway but is that right??? and i think i got the o2 hooked up right, on the microedge it will be around .45 like the instructions says it should be but it will go up around there and then go to 0 and a few sec later will go back up and then down and up.......so im not sure if thats normal or not
    My o2 does the same thing. I really don't trust it much because the numbers are so sporadic. The rpm pulse is spot on for my 2002 TA when I use rpm pulse 2. Have you managed to get yours too spray. Does it say spraying. I'm still trying to figure out why mine wont spray. Lastly is your TPS hooked up and reading correctly.

Thread Information