Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

looking for spray

aside from the usual bolt on i am not too interested in really getting into the engine just yet to make some real power. I was however looking to get some spray and i was looking for some input on a safe shot. I am not looking to spray often or even once in a while but i was told that the ls1 is only going to be able to handle a moderate shot two or three times before blowing the engine. I don't necessarily believe him but i thought it would be best to go to the experts here. I'm just looking for that little extra edge incase i need it. Any recommendations for a brand or set up would be very much appreciated. thanks

Black
    2000 Z-28

I'm not an expert by any stretch on nitrous but from what I've seen you can run nitrous over and over and over. At least a 150 shot can be used I think you just need to get a tune to make sure it's safe. I'm sure someone can chime in about all the accessories you'd need.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

The motor will take 150HP all day long on a safe tune. Take a look around the forums for more info. Let us know if you have questions.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

allthough a tune is very important its not the only thing you'll need to run a 150shot safely. a good fuel pump and injectors are essential in preventing low pressure problems commonly associated with stock pumps/injectors on that high of a shot. if ya want to spray 75-100shot than as long as the pump/injectors are in good health, you'll be fine.

we offer a wide variety of kits to choose from. you can browse our website for the products or feel free to give us a call and we can discuss your plans/future mods etc. to help you decide on what to get. let me know if ya have any more questions.

www.harrisspeedworks.com
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Just stating, I ran the 150 shot for a full season on a stock pump and injectors. Again, if the tune shows your A/F and inj. duty % is ok, then you're ok. You can bump your fuel pump and injectors if you're unable to hold within acceptable ranges.

Definitely look up HSW though. They were a huge help when I purchased my system last year.

Just my $.02...

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Just stating, I ran the 150 shot for a full season on a stock pump and injectors. Again, if the tune shows your A/F and inj. duty % is ok, then you're ok. You can bump your fuel pump and injectors if you're unable to hold within acceptable ranges.

Definitely look up HSW though. They were a huge help when I purchased my system last year.

Just my $.02...
    ..i wasnt dissagreeing with you and saying it cant be done. i know there's plenty of people running a 150shot on the stock stuff but what we try to explain to customers is this. a pump and/or injectors isnt one of those things you wanna wait to replace when it goes bad. if something goes bad, it can potentially create a boatload of other problems..like we're all aware. piece of mind goes along way when it comes to juice.
    100% agree with you on the Tune and injector duty cycle part.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

So many people come in looking for a simple, quick, cheap answer. I did too come to think of it when I first went to the spray. Matt was a great help!

Now I've gone and installed 42# Lucas injectors and trying to man up for the Racetronix FP install... all because my inj duty was over 90% @ WOT on motor after installing the Kooks headers this spring.

Fun times.

-Eagle
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

Thread Information