orange
    99 z28

looking into wet 150 nitrous setup

I've been looking through the posts and found most of the answers I need ,but I still have a few ?'s...

I have an ls1 camaro m6 - i want a 150 wet shot (125 better?)
    i have a stock engine, small cam, upgraded intake and exhaust.

I'm thinking a wot switch w/a rpm window switch, and have 2 switches in the car for activation and bottle warmer

so hook it all up, 1 or 2 step colder plugs?, and timing...the problem. i haven't found one thing about how to safely and accurately change the timing or by how much I need to change it.

will i need a better fuel system with the wet shot or not?

so yea, if anyone could point out any reasons why this might blow up my car please let me know. thanks

edit: i want to block 1st too and maybe run like 75 in second then up to 150 in 3-6. anyone know if thats possible and what it'd take? thanks again
    Last edited by Orange99z28; 10-17-2006 at 10:12 AM. Reason: forgot something

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

its very dangerous to run that big of a shot, i'd go with the 125 hp jet out of the two options but still idk, i dont think it'd be worth it

orange
    99 z28

fair enough, but what i'm interested in is what is worth it. so if i start with a 100 wet will the setup above work?

Old LS1.com member bluethunder2's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans AM

Run the 150. Hook it up with a wot switch. If you want more safety, also a window switch. Run NGK TR6 plugs. Put an in-line pump in, and let some one take some timing out at least 2 degrees, and call it good. Been running a 150 shot forever. No issues.

Do you know how much you are putting down RWHP wise? Since you have a cam it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the fuel pump, take a look at the Racetronix pump kits:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=330

They are good to 600 RWHP, and can be pushed a bit more if need be. You will be fine on a 1 step colder plug, like a NGK TR6 plug. Was the timing advanced any when the tune was done for the cam? If it was left stock you won't need to pull any ting up to the 150 shot. If the timing was advanced any you will want to pull that amount out when you spray, which the LS1 Timing Tuner can do. The way you are talking about bringing the power in based on gears is a dual stage set up. Another option would be a progressive controller that brings the power in gradually over time. We also have a few nitrous kits/progressive controllers, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Orange99z28 View Post
    I've been looking through the posts and found most of the answers I need ,but I still have a few ?'s...

I have an ls1 camaro m6 - i want a 150 wet shot (125 better?)
    i have a stock engine, small cam, upgraded intake and exhaust.

I'm thinking a wot switch w/a rpm window switch, and have 2 switches in the car for activation and bottle warmer

so hook it all up, 1 or 2 step colder plugs?, and timing...the problem. i haven't found one thing about how to safely and accurately change the timing or by how much I need to change it.

will i need a better fuel system with the wet shot or not?

so yea, if anyone could point out any reasons why this might blow up my car please let me know. thanks

edit: i want to block 1st too and maybe run like 75 in second then up to 150 in 3-6. anyone know if thats possible and what it'd take? thanks again

orange
    99 z28

i'm looking at a "Sudden Impact Wet Nitrous Kit", not sure i understand the diff. brackets..
    sounds nice though, 75 HP, 100 HP, 125 HP, and 150 HP jets.
    so just to clarify, i don't need a tune? i got a predator handheld to take the timing back. not looking to use this a lot, but want it to be reliable enough to have some fun once in a while without worrying about it.

Thread Information