Thread: which kit?

Black
    2002 Chevy Z28

which kit?

i am thinking of getting some nitrous for my car... its a 2002 m6 Z28... what kti is better wet or dry and what is the difference? also is there any brands that you guys would recommend?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

wet or dry is about the same.

dry - you have to make sure the nozzle is placed and aimed correctly towards the MAF to get good results. depending on size shot, you might need larger injectors and/or fuel pump. you may need to have the PCM tuned.

wet - nozzle placement isn't as critical. don't need larger injectors. upgradde fuel pump is option as well. PCM tuning optional.

www.harrisspeedworks.com
    www.zex.com
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Pewter
    2002 WS6

I just picked up a HSW wet kit for my '02 WS6 M6. Can't wait to finish the install and get this thing out on the road! Look at getting an auto heater and a window switch with your setup. I'm also considering a fuel pressure safety switch just to be on the safe side.

Ask for Matt @ HSW!

-Eagle

Black
    2002 Chevy Z28

thanks for the info guys.... i think i will go with a wet kit if i decide to go with the nitrous.. thanks

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Z28pwrHecz View Post
    thanks for the info guys.... i think i will go with a wet kit if i decide to go with the nitrous.. thanks
    Do a search and we have discussed this in GREAT deal prior......

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

nitrous outlet's plate kit....hands down

www.nitrousoutlet.com

white
    2002 z28

dumb question but when its drilled inot the lid its dry right? casue i ve seen some lids that have a nozzel on the left and right? i know all about the wer setup just seeing if that a dual stage or what ever?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

yes, if in lid, then dry. some kits are dual nozzle. better distribution.

white
    2002 z28

i knew just wanted to know fully, never would get a dry kit just due to all the safely issued even thoe ites pretty safe if your cool

Red
    01 Z28

go with the maf kit by nx

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

im still tryin to figure out the difference between wet and dry... if dry takes more work, it has to have some sort of benefits otherwise no1 would do dry....?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Its easy really.

Wet kits spray both fuel and nitrous @ the nozzle. This means that you have to tap into your fuel supply to feed the fuel solenoid - while at the same time spraying the giggle juice. Wet kits spray AFTER your MAF, and therefore the ECM is not responsible for adding fuel to compensate for the spray, unlike DRY kits...

Dry kits spray straight nitrous into the airbox (usually), so that it passes through the MAF. When the nitrous is fired, it travels thru the MAF which then tells the ECM that the fuel mixture needs to be richened up due to the additional air it senses flowing. AKA: the ECM adjusts the fuel mixture on the fly to attain the proper A/F ratio.

Its late, so I hope this makes sense... LOL

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Its easy really.

Wet kits spray both fuel and nitrous @ the nozzle. This means that you have to tap into your fuel supply to feed the fuel solenoid - while at the same time spraying the giggle juice. Wet kits spray AFTER your MAF, and therefore the ECM is not responsible for adding fuel to compensate for the spray, unlike DRY kits...

Dry kits spray straight nitrous into the airbox (usually), so that it passes through the MAF. When the nitrous is fired, it travels thru the MAF which then tells the ECM that the fuel mixture needs to be richened up due to the additional air it senses flowing. AKA: the ECM adjusts the fuel mixture on the fly to attain the proper A/F ratio.

Its late, so I hope this makes sense... LOL
    thanks man. im understandin it alot more now, still not 100%, but thats not ur fault. u explained it really well.
    so which one IS better?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    thanks man. im understandin it alot more now, still not 100%, but thats not ur fault. u explained it really well.
    so which one IS better?
    WET IS MUCH BETTER!!! You can tune the air/fuel ratio where YOU WANT IT NOT HOPING THE COMPUTER COMPENSATES FOR THE LIQUID OXTGEN YOUR INJECTING. If you didn't know already thats all nitrous is basically is liquid oxygen.
    Not to mention you can get a plate design that goes BEHIND the throttle body not before and trying to evenly disperce itself to all 8 cylinders.

If you do some different worded searches we have debated this in GREAT DEATAIL already.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

thanks!

Thread Information