Thread: which kit ?

2000 z28 m6

which kit ?

I have been wanting to buy a nitrous kit for some time, i have been looking and 2 systems, the N.O.S system and nitrous outlet (N20)system .
    Witch do you recomend? i will be spraying only 50 shot just for fun.
    Also do i need a tune with 50 shot ?
    2000 z28, lid hotcam longtubes

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I didnt get a tune until i was spraying around 150 hp. Go with a wet shot and check out Harrisspeedworks, they are a sponser and have great complete kits. Customer service is also great.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ive had Harrispeedworks and had nothing but failed Nitrous solenoids to be exact 3 failed and the process for them to get it have it inspected and then ship you another which will most likely fail again wasnt worth it to me and pulled the kit off the car, i couldnt wait either for them to ship the last 2 to me. I waited and waited for a response, so i bought the last 2 solenoids out of pocket, lol. Atleast thats my experience with them, not saying there a bad company just didnt work out for me, get a good system Nitrous Express or Zex i havent heard too many bad things about either, my next kit will be Nitrous Express and will probably pull a couple of degrees of timing to play it safe.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 03-17-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

50 shot. . . . . . . . . . .
    Is your car a V-6?

NO TUNE NEEDED!

Honestly I see it being a waste to only run 50 horse jets in ANY kit. I spray more than that through the 4 cyl. cars I do.

I personally run NX on probably 90% of the cars I do.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Ive had Harrispeedworks and had nothing but failed Nitrous solenoids to be exact 3 failed and the process for them to get it have it inspected and then ship you another which will most likely fail again wasnt worth it to me and pulled the kit off the car, i couldnt wait either for them to ship the last 2 to me. I waited and waited for a response, so i bought the last 2 solenoids out of pocket, lol. Atleast thats my experience with them, not saying there a bad company just didnt work out for me, get a good system Nitrous Express or Zex i havent heard too many bad things about either, my next kit will be Nitrous Express and will probably pull a couple of degrees of timing to play it safe.
    I'm sorry to hear you say that. I honestly do not remember the incident but if you'd like to shoot me a PM with your contact info I could look into it further.

Unfortunately that is our policy. In order to warranty an item we need to verify if it is fixable and what the failure was. As far as I am aware, this is the policy of most manufacturers.

Again just shoot me over a PM and I can look into it further for you. Thanks.

Nick

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

This was on my past 93Z the kit was taken off and sold the car, now i have a 01Z. The problem wasnt the procedure of checking as to why it failed the problem was that it kept failing. I gave up getting a hold of you guys and just bought them once they failed but since i dont have the car nor the system its useless pretty much its a done deal. Im not saying you guys have crappy solenoids and sell them to everyone in my case i had a bad experience and when that happens i look the other way and not go that direction ever again. Either way thanks for the help

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I stand by Nitrous express strong high quality parts. 50 shot is a waste of time look at it this way 50 shot=6.25hp per cylinder......100 shot and up or go home! Plus with a small 50 shot it will just feel like a strong gust of wind all the sudden started to push your car a bit faster, lame.

Thread Information