Black
    2000 / SS

Just sprayed for the first time!

Just went out and tested the new nitrous kit, I got a question... I was in third gear, at about 3100 rpm's i had great bottle pressure and purged before I hit it, when I floored it, I felt a bad hesitation then it launched, but not really what I was expecting, it was only a 100 shot, i have 100,125, and 150... What could cause the hesitation/bog when it's floored? I havent had a tune and the timing is still at stock setting. Im running 93 oct gas obviously... I dunno! Im looking forward to putting the bigger jets in

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

did you try it a second time? maybe didn't purge long enough to get liquid nitrous to the solenoid.

yes, a 100 doesn't feel real great. especially in third gear. the movies make nitrous out to be more than what it is. try it in 1st and you'll definately feel a difference.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    2000 / SS

I hit 3 times total, i dont have a window switch on it yet so im not sure about hitting it out of the hole just yet, that and the fact im running drag slicks w/ a M6, im not tryin to drop 2k yet on a new year! =P

The bogging always happened to me on the last car I had nitrous on, I think that it is just the engine reacting to the spray of the nitous. It did it everytime that I sprayed and I never worried about it and never gave me any problems. I would always check my plugs before I knew that I was going to use it and after using it, the next day I would check them also. I had that kit on my car for about a year and a half and it never gave me a problems.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

The only thing I can think of is that you are getting the extra fuel to your car before you are getting the nitrous to your car which will bog it a little due to being really rich. I know you said that you purged and everything but i think one way you could test it is to take the lines off the nozzle and engage your nitrous kit and just see how long before the nitrous comes out that it sprays only fuel.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Seeing as the nitrous is at ~900psi+ and the fuel is at about 40-50psi tops, the nitrous should definitely beat the fuel to the nozzle...

I hit my 150 shot in 3rd today and went from 50 to 80 in under 5 seconds... (3k to 4.8k rpm)

Dunno why you're bogging, but it shouldn't do that I'd imagine....

-Eagle

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

keyword in there is SHOULD. hell he could have a bad solenoid that for soem ungodly reason has a little bit of a delay before it engages or maybe something is wired a little off and the nitrous solenoid isnt getting enough voltage to open immediatly. there are many things that can happen and if you are bogging and he doesnt have some sort of misfire then that tells me there is something wrong with air/fuel ratio. Also common sense would tell me that if the air/fuel was off the other way around and the nitrous was getting there without the additional fuel then detonation would occur so do you have any other ideas of what he might check? or were you going to discredit my idea and leave him clueless?

BTW if something I said doesnt make sense or is untrue, please correct me because I definaltly do not claim to know everything. My car says that for me

10's N/A

Disconnnect the solenoids and make sure the nitrous solenoid is functioning properly. I had a situation that sounded exactly like this complaint, and it ended up being a dead nitrous solenoid - this was in a Nitrous Works kit. Fuel was getting there but no nitrous. 100 extra horsepower should be enough to satisfy, atleast until you wan't more.

2001 WS6

I lost my nitrous virginity last week. 100shot ZEX wet kit. Purge briefly. Got around 40mph, punched it, hit 3500rpm and hit the juice. No hesitation or bogging at all. I have it real rich with a Predator handheld and retarded the spark just a little. Ran away from a 350Z last night.

cold plugs as well

Black
    2000 / SS

yeah i forgot to mention that installed colder plugs before all this as well, i dont know, i'll check the sol. and go back behind my wiring, but i think I'll just rely on the tune im getting done soon... cross my fingers

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

when they tune it are they going to get it on a wideband o2? if they do they can tell you exactly what happens with your air/fuel ratio the second you hit that switch. just tell them that you want that monitered very closely. if they use any kind of data logging software it will be very apparent as well

Thread Information