Thread: just curious

black
    2002 trans am ws6

just curious

ive been thinking of adding nitrous to my car but shops around here want 1500-1800 to install(parts included)that just seems high what should it cost and how hard is it to install? last part wet or dry?

Trans Am owner
    former

do wet.

you can get a kit from jegs or somthin for $500. you can paiece one together by yourself for like $300 if you know what you're doin, but I wouldnt in your case.

dry relies on the computer to add more fuel. if you place a wet fogger after the MAF, then you dont have to worry about the computer junk, and get to tune easier.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I would do a wet kit. A complete kit with all the safety devices will run over $1000

black
    2002 trans am ws6

thank you

Take a look at the sudden impact single nozzle kit and our All-Out accessory kit. It will put you right around $800.00 and you'll have the benefits of a high quality nitrous kit and the following accesories: Window Switch, TPS switch, Lean A/F cut-off switch, heater, purge, blow down tube, filter, and spark plugs! This is pretty much everything you would require to have a reliable and safe kit. Any questions please feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Nick

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

$1500 - $1800 parts + installation for a full kit (with all of the various safety components) isn't bad at all. I presume this includes a tune for the N2O (which may simply involve pulling a few degrees of timing).

My full setup hit me for around $4,500. The install + tune was right in the ballpark of $2K, however I had a bunch of extras (remote opener, bottle heater, custom purge setup, concealed hatch mount, 3 gauges, FJO progressive controller, etc.). At the end of the day, I paid a ton for the setup, but it works like a dream. It really is an easy 100 - 150 rwhp whenever I feel the need for it.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

get you a good kit,the one hsw suggested above seems really complete and im sure is quality stuff, just add you a good wot switch and go, you are looking at 900-1000 dollars and the stuff is really easy to install yourself,get you a kit, i myself will and im sure plenty others here would personally walk you through it if you need help

as for the tune i know here in my conditions a stock tuned ls1 seems almost built for a 150 shot and many others will say you are pretty safe with 100 to 150 shot

black
    2002 trans am ws6

thanks for all the info but i dont know how safe i feel installing that i really love my car

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by chuck4345 View Post
    thanks for all the info but i dont know how safe i feel installing that i really love my car
    Yeah same boat...

A buddy of mine got a 125dry in his lt1 so now im considering something to keep up but idk...searching...

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

i know this stuff seems really overwhelming trust me ive been there

but in reality it is very simple to do and do it safely

but i know how it is,when you just dont know whats involved it is scary sometimes to try stuff

well if it means anything to you nitrous was by far the best money ever spent on my car besides buying the car itself

black
    2002 trans am ws6

thanks im gonna check the sponsors for kits and if i buy i will take you on the offer hell my wife is from odessa we make a trip

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

thanks im gonna check the sponsors for kits and if i buy i will take you on the offer hell my wife is from odessa we make a trip
    i would be more than willing to help but it might cost you more to drive here than to pay to have it installed

but hey man its your dime, you give me a little warning and ill make space in my shop

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ok, kind of an old thread, but are the HSW EFI kits in one of the posts above good to use? I was thinking about buying one, but just wondering if they are as good as a kit to use compared to ZEX, NX, or NOS
    HSW EFI Nitrous kit

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Ok, kind of an old thread, but are the HSW EFI kits in one of the posts above good to use? I was thinking about buying one, but just wondering if they are as good as a kit to use compared to ZEX, NX, or NOS
    HSW EFI Nitrous kit
    I think you will be plesantly surprised with the quality of the kit. There are no cheap brass parts, everything is made of aluminum and stainless steel including the jets. All electrical connectors are also heat shrink weather tight. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Nick

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

it is hard to say if they are actually as good as some of those others because new tech. with these kits comes all the time

a certain kit may be using an older type solenoid than another or one may have a better nozzle setup, really you just have to ask and research
    but as for being very good and reliable im sure you cant go wrong

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@HSW View Post
    I think you will be plesantly surprised with the quality of the kit. There are no cheap brass parts, everything is made of aluminum and stainless steel including the jets. All electrical connectors are also heat shrink weather tight. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Nick
    Are these kits hard to hook up if you have never hooked up a kit before?

Honestly the hardest part is running the wiring. If you can follow a wiring diagram, you're good to go. We usually tell people you'll spend the greater part of a day installing one. Let me know if you want to see the install instructions just let me know and I can email you a copy.

Nick

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

That would be great, I wont be able to buy it until I get back from my deployment. But I would love to have the install instructions, better to go ahead and start learning how to hook everything up now.

Black
    99 Camaro SS

I'm not that far away in Ark, and I'm sure we could provide you the proper help.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Nitrous

That is an expensive price.

Wet or dry, it depends. What kind of gains do you want? Is your rotating assembly stock?

Dry easier to install.

Wet more gains, somewhat riskier to the engine.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Thread Information