torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

Installing Zex Kit tommorrow!

I am installing zex kit tommorrow. I have to install all accessories too, heater ,pressure gauge, blowdown tube,purge, rapidfire purge with l.e.d red lighted purge cloud. I had a nx wet kit with my lt1 camaro now i'm going with the zex kit--it's about $100 more but the selenoids/tps are built in to one management unit with no activation switch so it's just a hot wire ,ground wire and a white wire that goes to output of t.p.s. gas line in, nitrous line in, gas out, nitrous out, and your done. I'll let you know how it goes.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Good luck, Im not brave enough for nitrous

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

I'll let you know how it goes---i've run nitrous wet kits before but not with 20's all round they,(20's) weigh in at 65 lbs each with tires thats 10lbs more each then my ZO6's were but they were just 18's

XTrooper
    Good luck with the installation! I installed my system and the only thing that was kind of a PITA was the wiring, but that ZEX system simplifies matters.

BadBlueBird*: If you install your system properly and don't get too greedy with the shot size, you can very safely run nitrous. The dyno numbers and times in my sig are on a little 75 shot.

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

You can check out my Trans Am that i am installing the Zex wet kit on with my new 20 inch wheels that are polished black---look real sweet at www.msnusers.com/Richards99TransAm

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You will love it....as Trooper stated above....keep it within reason...he is shooting a 75 shot I am at a 100 wet shot.....I applaud your attention and understanding of the "requirements" of all the safety/performance components....fuel pressure safety switch/WOT switch/ bottle heater......damn near every (100%) of the nitrous incidents have been directly caused by improper installation or lack of safety components.....and of course the occasional zealot who hits their stock bottom end with a 250 shot and are still at the track waiting for their crankshaft to re-enter earths atmosphere.....
    Get a tune...keep that A/f a tad on the rich side and you are gonna have some fun man......be ready to drive when it hits....the surge is a rush for sure
    Far better than any turbo/blower surge I have ever experienced......no platinum tipped spark plugs and go a little colder than your OEM spark plugs.....post some pics....and very nice ride man....very nice...

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

Inriching A/F ratio? Retardibg Timing?

I was wondering how i could inrich my air fuel ratio or if i wanted to run more then 75 hp shot how i can retard my timing by 2 to 4 degrees--thanks in advance for your help

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by camaronx
    I was wondering how i could inrich my air fuel ratio or if i wanted to run more then 75 hp shot how i can retard my timing by 2 to 4 degrees--thanks in advance for your help
    I only use dyno tunes.....somebody with more experiance with handhelds may step in.....$400 bucks for a proper dyno tune is chicken feed when your screwing with your A/F timing tables....and you maximize your performance output.....and you dont have to worry about saying bye bye to clinder 7 cuz you were running too lean

On a wet kit you can swap out your fuel jet of a different size to richen up your A/F. Take a look at the LS1 Timing Tuner. It will allow you to run all your timing NA and only pull it when you spray. Here is a link:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by camaronx

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

still not installed!

I had to help build a new room on the house for computers/play/company and now i am ready for install. Can someone tell me where the tps sensor is and i am supposed to hook up a wire to one of the tps wires so the zex system knows when to activate---everything else i got fig ured out---seems pretty straight forward just time consuming and i'll have to make platform in the spare tire well for my tank. I wonder if a welding gas place would fill up my tank? Guess i can call their tech support if i run into problems

Red PCM connector, Pin # 24. It's a dark blue wire.

Matt

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

tanks

Thanx matt for the info, i know where to go for my next part purchase---anybody that will provide service even if they did not sell it to me has got to be the best. WAR HARRIS SPEED WORKS!
    2005 Torrid red 1 of 322 GTO 6spd magnaflow catback Zex wet nitrous system with nx filter,dual red rapi fire purge thru grills and rf 10" subs and 1486 watt rf amp. Not done, bmn ws fpss. , nos opener,harrop cover drag bags,bmr loop,mt et's on 15" bottlecaps.www.msnusers.com/ricksgto

Thread Information