black
    1998 Camaro SS

hsw single nozzle dry and microedge controller

Does anyone have this setup and can tell me how the install was. Ive read the instructions for both and i have to say i am clueless. im not very good with wiring or electrical systems. Any tips for installin nitrous and nitrous controller would be great. whats the difference between a narrowband o2 and a wideband. and which do i have in my 98 ss? Thanks

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I have the microedge hooked up to 2 stages. 1st is dry 2nd is wet. I have a wideband, but didn't wire that in.

Quote Originally Posted by jmatt07 View Post
    Does anyone have this setup and can tell me how the install was. Ive read the instructions for both and i have to say i am clueless. im not very good with wiring or electrical systems. Any tips for installin nitrous and nitrous controller would be great. whats the difference between a narrowband o2 and a wideband. and which do i have in my 98 ss? Thanks
    Follow the wiring diagram on the microedge instructions. Just don't pay attention to the diagrams with the nitrous kit as they are somewhat universal since the kit can be wired in with an array of different controllers etc.

Lay everything out the night before and just visualize running the wires...its really not that bad. Use the rubber grommet on the passenger side behind the computer to pass the wires through to the engine compartment. Everything else is pretty easy but feel free to give us a call if you get stuck.

Narrowband sensors are what come stock with just about every car on the market, with the exception of a few turbo cars. Wideband sensors are generally an aftermarket item such as innovate, dynojet wbc, etc. So if you aren't adding a wideband unit to the car, you will be using the narrowband for the a/f shutdown. There is an appendix in the instructions which tells you which wire to tap into. Again, if you hit any snags just give us a call. Thanks!

Nick

black
    1998 Camaro SS

alright thanks for the help. just lookin at those wiring diagrams made me a little nervous but once its all out in front of me im sure it will be easier.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

It wasn't too bad for me. I have my microedge 2 sided taped above the vents (I used side molding tape). It replaced the window switch for the 2nd stage and the wot switch under the gas pedal that failed me during PINKS ALL OUT.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

so with the microedge controller i dont need to put in the wot switch that came with the nitrous kit?

Quote Originally Posted by jmatt07 View Post
    so with the microedge controller i dont need to put in the wot switch that came with the nitrous kit?
    Correct, just tap into the TPS wire. Should have a list of locations in the Appendix.

Nick

black
    1998 Camaro SS

ok cool. anything else i need to know about before puttin this in or anything esle that i dont need to connect from the nitrous kit bc the microege controller takes care of it? Thanks

Nope that was everything. You could still use the wot switch if you don't like the idea of using the TPS. I myself like the cleaner installation of the TPS as well as its tunability.

Nick

Thread Information