Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Hit 150 shot on my new nx sytem 2nite! (long)

So I spent all day installing my new nx wet system all super clean and meticulous to make sure everything was perfect. It is jetted for a 150 shot and has the huge Iceman solenoids and a shark pro efi nozzle tapped into my smooth bellows after the maf. I have a nos 10 pound bottle with a high flow valve and liquid filled nos pressure gauge. For now activation is handled with a single four prong relay that I wired with a master toggle and full throttle activation switch. My car is an m6 so ill be adding a window rpm switch and fuel pressure cut off switch also for extra protection. In addition im adding next a fuel pressure gauge and secondary fuel pressure regulator mounted between the rail and fuel solenoid that way you can quickly play with your a/f ratio on nitrous without changing jets as much by adjusting the pressure before the soleniod. Every pound of pressure variance is approximately proportionate to 4 jet size changes. You still need the right jetting but it adds another dimension to tuning your afr on the jug. The best way is to tune with a wideband and adjust to achieve the desired 12.9/1 on the juice, right now i'm on a stock computer tune but will be tuned very soon and am a little rich on the juice right now to be safe. I have ngk tr6 plugs and a wahlbro 255lph fuel pump also. I dont have a bottle heater yet but heat my bottle in the bathtub until pressure is at 1100 psi! This gives plenty of pressure for a sick hard shot, a lot of people make the mistake of not realizing you have to have good bottle pressure for a proper consistant shot or else it will be rich or weak and inconsistant.

Anyways I hit the 150 shot for the first time my little stock internal full bolt on ls1 has seen any juice and it was super nasty to say the least. I rolled on in third at about 65 on the freeway and proceeded to start breaking loose fresh 285/40/17 bfg-force kdw's on vette wheels with my 250 pound friend in the car and my 200 pound system still in back! I stayed in it hooked sick around 75-80 and shifted to fourth and pulled sick till I backed off at 125. It got from 65 to 125 so fast it was crazy. My little ls1 sounded almost like a winston cup motor at full song, not quite but pretty crazy! Then I proceeded to try it in second gear, instantly spun tires hard on 40 roll so I short shifted to third and it finally caught and just pulled like a madman when i shifted to fourth the rpm's didn't even drop they just stayed sick in the powerband until I shut here down at 125 again. WOW! I'm almost full bolt on now but completely stock motor so im estimating my rwhp to be over 500 on the jug! I'll post a vid and track times soon, goin to desert demons tomorrow. I'll post pics also.
    I'm lookin for solid mid 11's at aprox. 4000ft density altitude on drag radials cause my slicks just wore out last time. Wish me luck, im gonna throw a beaten to the local terminators and mustang camp!
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 03-01-2007 at 10:33 PM.

video of races...

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    video of races...

Video should be on for shur brotha, my friends are goin also so should have it covered, cause I owe the guys in external bolt ons a sound clip of my new lt headers and 3 inch exaust so that should give a pretty sick sound clip on the nitrous! I hope that orange 04 cobra with front mount intercooler, pullies, intake, tune, exaust, gears, and drag radials that I raced I few weeks ago is there, i'm really gonna kill him on the juice this time cause we were neck and neck with me on motor with most bolt ons slicks and gears. I was all devastated last time cause i didn't get a video of it for the non believin mustang boys! just kiddin it's all good. There is gonna be some badass cars there so i'll keep you guys posted.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Nice man.. now try it with some MT DR's and you will really get a kick in the gut. The good thing about spray is you can get used to how fast your car is off the bottle but when you hit it it feel like a brand new ride...

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

How Many Good Shots Of Juice Do You Get With That 10lb Bottle?
    1998 Trans Am Vert, M6, Soon to be full of goodies......

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

at the 150 level, i got about 5 solid passes.

glad to see you are enjoying the bottle.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by schrysler View Post

The appoximate equation on the physics works out to about 1 pound of nitrous for every 100 horsepower per 10 seconds of use, now this is appoximate. So if you had a 10 pound bottle and were running 10's in the quarter you would use about 1.5 pounds for every pass on a 150 shot. considering most people aren't quit to the 10's you may use more during a run which puts you at about 5-6 good passes if you have your bottle warmed and maintain pressure. Peace guys goin to desert demons now will post up and let you know what my runs on the jug yield tonight!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    at the 150 level, i got about 5 solid passes.

glad to see you are enjoying the bottle.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    video of races...
    They ended up not opening desert demons on friday for unknown reasons but still lusting for some action I decided to set up a street exhibition on a closed road with one of customers cars which is a 72 camaro z28 that is a deep 10 second car. I built him a forged 383 stroker with cnc air flow reasearch heads and a vortech s-trim on 10-12 psi on pump gas with a built 400 tranny and 4.11 posi out back. That motor is over 600 horsepower on pump gas. Anyways I was on a nx wet 150 shot with some bolt ons, free mods, weight reduction, gears and drag radials in my 98 ls1 which hasn't been to the track with my new mods but is clearly barking on low 11 second potential on the juice with my new lt headers and ory!
    Anyways the good news is I have a few videos of our runs it was insanely unreal. It ended up he beat me twice and I beat him once, it was sick we were both traction limited being on the street but got some good runs. I'll post video to this tread by tomorrow hopefully and in the kills section also so be heads up they are some nasty runs.

noice.

Black
    00 Z28

Post pics of ur set up man......Sounds like u had some fun!!!
    Patriot 226 cam, Comp 918's, Ti retainers, TSP pushrods, Vig 3600 stall, Precision 4L60E, Richmond 3.73's,Pacesetter LT's, 2.5in TD's w/ H-pipe & 1-chamber flowmasters, TSP lid, K&N filter

I got chrome GM zr1's forsale!!!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by GT Griller View Post
    Post pics of ur set up man......Sounds like u had some fun!!!

Here is a pic of the fabricated iceman setup with a shark pro nozzle on my ls1. My current list of mods includes hedman torque step 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 long tube headers, 3 inch ory, extreme chambered muffler, nx iceman 150 wet shot fabricated, 3.73 gears, hotchkis tubular lca's and panhard, slicks or drag radials, cuccaro motorsports hand ported and polished throttle body, free ram air, tb coolant bypass, built tremec t-56, Z06 clutch, poly trans mount, k&n filter, wahlbro 255 lph fuel pump, smooth bellows, descreened stock maf, mti airlid, ngk tr6 plugs, taylor custom 8mm wires, deleted rear seats, cats, complete egr, spare,jack, rear mount muffler and pipes, front sway bar, equates to 150 pound weight reduction. In other words completely stock motor ls1 with some bolt ons, tires, free mods, on a weight diet and on the jug! Estimated power on the jug 500+rwhp, dyno results soon on both cars.

Mods in the 72 split bumper Z28 include a cuccaro motorsports hand built 383 stroker with a completely forged eagle rotating assembly 9:1 compression, cnc ported afr 220 heads, port matched victor junior intake, 236/236 hydraulic roller, Carb shop custom tuned blowthrough carb, Vortech S-trim centrifugual supercharger 12 psi pump gas, race built turbo 400, 4000 stall, trans brake, msd 2 step launch control, mds 6al boost timing master with pro billet dis., line lock, msd knock sensor, aeromotive a1000 race fuel pump with custom hand fabricated -10 line, matching boost referenced aeromotive ruturn regulator and aeromotive electronic fuel pump voltage stepper and controller, vortech blower enclosure, 4.10 eaton posi, moroso trick drag springs, qa1 adjustable drag shocks, slide a link rear suspension, 28x11.50 mickeys, weld pro star slicks and skinnies, race barn 10 point cage and sub frame connectors, 5 point harnesses and racing seats, be cool aluminum radiator and spal computer controlled dual electric fans, mezzier electric water pump. A true street driven 10 second pump gas car. In the works are progressive boost referenced methonal injection, 7 inch lower pulley for max boost 16psi, race fuel, wideband o2 setup, dyno tuning session with race fuel. Car could have 9 second potential at sea level after aformentioned finishing mods as current power levels are already over 620 at the flywheel.

I was happy that my little ls1 hung with him, but hey I cant lose cause at least I lost to the car and motor that I built! heres some pics of the 72 also, will have the videos of the races tomorrow 4 sure! Enjoy!
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 03-04-2007 at 11:27 PM.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Time for some real stickys now....... The new Hoosiers Drag Radials are great they are lighter than the Mickeys so you get a little more mph through the traps but if your not on a tight budget th M&H's are the ultimate and have the widest foot print in 17"'s for you.
    Good Luck
    Have FUN!!!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by schrysler View Post
    With 250 we get 3 solid pasees sometimes 4. And that's NX 250 so on the dyno it actually 254-258 at the tires.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Time for some real stickys now....... The new Hoosiers Drag Radials are great they are lighter than the Mickeys so you get a little more mph through the traps but if your not on a tight budget th M&H's are the ultimate and have the widest foot print in 17"'s for you.
    Good Luck
    Have FUN!!!!
    Sweet man sounds good i'll check those tires out, cause my slicks are worn and my drag radials are gettin close after the big burnouts the other night!

Thread Information