Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dry vs wet test

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

dry vs wet test

yeah, i'm at it again. been seeing too many which has a bigger hit dry or wet posts. so, i'll be picking up a dry nozzle from ny-trex. has a .125 orifice through it. it'll be a 100 shot test. so, who wants to see it?
    Last edited by mrr23; 09-01-2006 at 04:34 PM.

black
    1998 Z-28 Camaro

I do Sounds interesting.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Mrr23 I envy you and would like to commend you for being such a great asset to the LS1 community. I like helping out around here when I can since I have tried many different setups at the strip but you have been so great with using your resources and knowledge to help all the fine LS1 builders in our community. Especially being an avid nitrous user myself your experiments have helped me gain useful knowledge that has helped my car drop some unnecessary tenths. Thanks again and I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your work.
    Alright... I'm starting it now. Try not to piss yourself.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

thanks, i do it for the community as well as myself. i get tired of all the posts of i wonder what xxx will do? or all the thinkers out there. i think it'll do this, i think it'll do that. while it's nice to theorize, it's better to test. i want answers intead of guesses. if no one has the answer and i can get it, i'm all for it.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I know exactly what you mean man. A lot of the advise on this board tends to be a lot of he said this or I believe that and that kinda advise doesn't really do much, especially in a trial and error type of hobby.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

I would like to see this. I have been thinking about getting a 100 dry shot myself. Just wasn't sure if it would be worth it. I was just going have a push button set-up not a WOT set-up. How are you setting this up?

NBM
    '00 Z28

I'm also putting on a 100 shot dry system. Because I have a M6 and don't want to chance a nitrous backfire when shifting I'm going with a push button setup.

Not wanting to remove the spare tire as I will mostly run on streets, I made a bottle mount to go on the driveshaft hump between the rear seats.

I don't have a whole lot of time to get everything setup right now, but I have managed to mount the bottle, the arming switch and changed over to NGK TR6 plugs. I should have everything done and be spraying this thing in two weeks. I plan on going to the track Oct. 7th. I'll be doing a couple baseline runs with my 2000 Z28 M6 (ported MAF, FRA, throttle body bypass, K&N filter and cut the baffles out of the stock lid), then I'm going to hit the juice and see what kind of time she puts down.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just figured the more info the better.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by SSmoky01 View Post
    I would like to see this. I have been thinking about getting a 100 dry shot myself. Just wasn't sure if it would be worth it. I was just going have a push button set-up not a WOT set-up. How are you setting this up?
    you can do a push button. mine is on a WOT switch set to a window switch starting at 3000 rpms and off at 6000 rpms for the test.

red
    1959 corvette

I would love to see this test. Also, can you have it set up with a wot, a 3-6000 window swicth and hit it with a button so no matter when you hit the button, it could only be activted between 3-6000 rpms?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i guess you didn't read the post just above yours?

if you have a WOT switch, along with a window switch, there is no need to use a button.
    Last edited by mrr23; 10-04-2006 at 10:20 AM.

red
    1959 corvette

The question is can you have it so the button only activates the nos with the window switch also, that way you could have the nos on but it would only let activate between 3-6000 rpms and any where inbetween say 4200 if you wanted, but if you hit the button at 2000 rpms anxiously it still wouldnt hit until 3000 rpm. This would let me choose what gear to hit in, if it was only 3rd and 4th.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

that's what a WOT switch does. WOT switch and button are the same thing. WOT/ button provides signal to the window switch and power to the noids through the window switch. window switch set at 3000 rpms. so, i can floor it from an idle and no nitrous will be used until 3000 rpms.

so, in your case, replace the WOT switch with a button, so you can activate in 3rd and/or 4th gear. there are also some window switches with gear lockouts as well.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

trick flow performance parts dual stage controller is what i have on the car. controls two seperate nitrous systems and has a gear lockout on both.

WHITE
    99 TRANS AM m6

Am I Misssing The Test.all I See Is The Install And No Times Or Hp #

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

haven't done it yet. i'm awaiting some available time for the dyno. which is being donated by macedo motorsports.

red
    1959 corvette

thanks for that anwser mrr, you opened my eyes.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

no problem. glad i could help.

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    Mrr23 I envy you and would like to commend you for being such a great asset to the LS1 community. I like helping out around here when I can since I have tried many different setups at the strip but you have been so great with using your resources and knowledge to help all the fine LS1 builders in our community. Especially being an avid nitrous user myself your experiments have helped me gain useful knowledge that has helped my car drop some unnecessary tenths. Thanks again and I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your work.
    +1

Mrr23- You sir need some serious therapy...I feel you are addicted to nitrous.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

sssnniiiiiffffffffffffffffff....... what?? who me?? no, the second bottle is really hooked up to the car, really.

Thread Information