Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Dry kit to wet kit conversion?

Well, here's what I got. Its not installed yet, but I have an HSW sudden impact dry nitrous kit that I'm going to be spraying a 100 shot on my 2000 Z28. Its only got a few mods. Full exhaust/CAI/cam/Spec II clutch. Someone told me that I should get a dry to wet kit conversion, manely because its safer and better. Keep in mind, along with my nitrous kit, I have a MicroEdge nitrous controller for all my saftey needs. So, is it worth it (or should I) get the conversion, or should I just stick with the dry shot? The conversion is only $150. Depending on which kit I go with, what size injectors should I get?

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

ttt. Anyone?

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

your stock injectors will be fine, unless your talking about the pills for the fuel/nitrous... wet kit hits harder and you wont/shouldnt have the issue of running lean and can be debated on which is "safer" either way at 100 shot or bigger you should tune the car for it to be on teh safer side....

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

See, I'm hearing two different things. Some told me that I have to upgrade my fuel injectors to somewhere between the 30# to 40# range if I'm running a dry shot. Then others tell me that I'm fine with the stockers. Then I hear that the stocks would be fine as long as its with a wet shot. Its an on going debate on which I should spray. I hear dry is just old and out dated for EFI cars, that wet is "SOOOO MUCH BETTER".

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

To me it was never a debate at all and lots of people make it sound very difficult and its mainly people who get too technical or people who dont know what they are talking about. From my own experience ive done DRY and WET on the same car 93Z. I was fine at a dry shot with a tune, spark plugs and fuel regulator just in case i needed more fuel. If your running dry i wouldnt run more then 100 shot, but would make sure you have a good tune, spark plugs and you should be fine. Make sure you put it on the dyno and get your A/F and the tuner if he knows what he is doing should dial it in just right but you can double check on the dyno. On a wet shot if your gonna do 150 wet youll be fine, again you need a good tune, spark plugs and get it on the dyno to verify everything is ok. This worked for me just fine and i did this on 2 LT1 cars with absolutly no issues what so ever. Your gonna have several different opinions on what to do and how to do it and so on. If your not sure on what you want to do and your confused do more research on it because i ran into the same problems you did when i was asking the same questions.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yea, people do make it sound very difficult. I am only running a 100 shot and it is dry. I do have spark plugs and am going to have a good lsx/n2o tuner. But at some point, am I going to need more fuel, making me need a fuel pressure regulator on a dry shot? Because I see you said you had one "just in case". Also, I see your in Glendale, I'm in Yuma. I've been recommended to one place for a tune, but do you know of any good, well known tuners for lsx from expereinces you've had?

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Dont worry bout the fuel pressure regulator, but you might consider getting yourself a walbro fuel pump though. If you're going to get a tune, the tuner will be able to tell you if you will need some bigger injectors by looking at the injector duty cycle. But, I just noticed you have a 2000 model and they have the smaller 26lb injectors as opposed to the 28lbers that come in the 98's, 01-02's. Personally, if it was me, if you wanted to keep the dry shot then I would go ahead and do some injectors and a fuel pump to stay on the safe side.

I just looked at your first post and noticed you have some decent mods, therefore, I definately wouldnt spray that thing without some injectors and a fuel pump.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    Dont worry bout the fuel pressure regulator, but you might consider getting yourself a walbro fuel pump though. If you're going to get a tune, the tuner will be able to tell you if you will need some bigger injectors by looking at the injector duty cycle. But, I just noticed you have a 2000 model and they have the smaller 26lb injectors as opposed to the 28lbers that come in the 98's, 01-02's. Personally, if it was me, if you wanted to keep the dry shot then I would go ahead and do some injectors and a fuel pump to stay on the safe side.

I just looked at your first post and noticed you have some decent mods, therefore, I definately wouldnt spray that thing without some injectors and a fuel pump.
    Hum, I wonder why they decided to go with smaller injectors on just that year? Anyways, what size fuel pump/injectors should I go with? I was guessing around 36#'s for the injectors and 255lph for the pump.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

For some odd reason they did that for 99 & 00. But yeah, the injectors and pump you listed should work fine.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ok, sweet. I know walbro is a good brand for the pump, but what about for fuel injectors? Bosh, racetronix, svo, speedinc. Whats something good, with a reasonable price?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Fuel pressure regulator you wont need, i only did it on my 93 Z because i later stepped up the shot and on the 93 models the computer will not re adjust the fuel pressure at WOT. Its really not difficult at all and on a 100 dry shot just get a good tune you already have the plugs and put it on the dyno to get some read outs. There are people here who run higher shots and have no issues, its really the tune.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yea, I just need to find a good tuner

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Fuel pressure regulator you wont need, i only did it on my 93 Z because i later stepped up the shot and on the 93 models the computer will not re adjust the fuel pressure at WOT. Its really not difficult at all and on a 100 dry shot just get a good tune you already have the plugs and put it on the dyno to get some read outs. There are people here who run higher shots and have no issues, its really the tune.
    Look at his mods. He has a cam and other supporting mods. I would just about bet that hes a little high on the duty cycle of his injectors. If he was basically stock, I would agree that his factory injectors should be sufficient, but the addition of his mods makes it very risky to try spraying.

Thread Information