torch red
    99 c5

corvette no2 questions

hey everyone i have a 99 corvette with an auto trans 3.42 gears twin flo cold air intake tri flor short tube headers q tec electronic cutouts removed catalytic converters. tri flow cat back system. custom computer tuning by steve kohl t.t.s power systems. 160 thermostat and all the little mods coolant by pass iac relocater etc.... anyways my question is i just purchased a t.n.t wet kit with a window switch. delay box. purge system bottle heater and all the goodies. my question is what do i need to do? is there tuning that needs to be involved? and do i need to change the plugs? .. any advice would help.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Go one range colder on plugs.....under a 150 shot your good to go...I will caution you ....be watchful/aware of your fuel pressure....never "hit it" when your bottle pressure is under 900lbs....other than that....your good man....

For the WOT switch you'll either have to bend the bracket and install it under the gas pedal or use a TPS switch, like the trigger, as you have a fly by wire throttle body.

Matt

torch red
    99 c5

about the no2 vette

what plugs should i use? do you recommend any? and is there any tuning?... i bought the kit off of a friends friend who had it on a zo6.. so i dont think i should have to change the bracket? one more question my kit came with a delay timer.... can someone explain why i need this?
    Last edited by c5andtyphoon; 02-21-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Most guys run NGK TR6s. If you have advanced timing any via a PCM tune you'll want to retard it. The delay timer will delay the nitrous activation. So say you set it for 1 second. The system is armed and you go wot, the N2O won't engage for 1 second. It's to help with traction issues.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by c5andtyphoon
    what plugs should i use? do you recommend any? and is there any tuning?... i bought the kit off of a friends friend who had it on a zo6.. so i dont think i should have to change the bracket? one more question my kit came with a delay timer.... can someone explain why i need this?

RED
    1998 CAMARO Z28

Avoid Platinium Plugs Get The Ngk Tr6 1 Or 2 Degrees Colder Or Iridiums Same Degrees Lower And If You Have A Power Programer Installed Get A Retard Sistem , Dont Use It Above 3000 Rpm And When The Car Its Gonna Shift (you Might Blow The Tranny)

torch red
    99 c5

what do you mean dont use the nitrous above 3000 rpm?? aint that when you are supposed to use it?... and i have a window switch set for between 3000 and 6000 rpm... i have an automatic trans.. also my computer was tuned by steve kohl... so i dont know what is exactly done?... even with a wet system you need to mess with the tuning?

RED
    1998 CAMARO Z28

Sorry I Mean Under 3000 Rpm
    The Kit Supouse To Fit And Work With Stock Engine And Ecu Program

torch red
    99 c5

thats the problem i dont have the stock ecu?? it was tuned by steve kohl..

torch red
    99 c5

also.. with all my other mods i was running like a 13.1 - 13.2 with a full subwoofers and everything.. at 106 mph.. my 60' times were 1.8 to 1.9's with 315/35 bfg kdw drag radials...... how much quicker will the car be with the 100 shot?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

100 shot will get you the 12's for sure...

Black
    97 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by c5andtyphoon
    what do you mean dont use the nitrous above 3000 rpm?? aint that when you are supposed to use it?... and i have a window switch set for between 3000 and 6000 rpm... i have an automatic trans.. also my computer was tuned by steve kohl... so i dont know what is exactly done?... even with a wet system you need to mess with the tuning?
    You'll want to get your car re-tuned after the nitrous. Also if you don't know what has been done in your tune, I wouldn't run the juice until you know weather or not he advanced the timing. Timing advance + nitrous = bad.
    1997 Firebird 3.8L
    A4,WS6 Ram Air Hood, Edelbrock Catback, SLP CAI, 85 Dry Shot
    1981 Firebird Trans Am
    http://members.cardomain.com/dreaded_hope

Thread Information