Thread: can i nitrous>?

Black
    2000 TA Built

can i nitrous>?

im buying a 1998 trans am the car has been taken care of and is completely stock...it is an automatic ls1 with 79,000 miles....would it hurt anything if i ran a 100 shot of nitrous in this without modding?....cheap and easy way to add power but i do NOT! want to hurt anything...thanks andy

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I would run a 150 shot with it. The LS1 can take a 150 shot with no issues at all. Just be sure to replace the spark plugs with TR6's and a walbro fuel pump would give even added safety even though it isnt needed.
    2000 T/A, M6, Black
    laughing gas

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

did it on a completely stock 99TA right down to the paper air filter with 92k on the meter. put 2 steps colder plug and went at it. http://stealthram.com/99tatimeslip.htm
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    02 trans am

my buddies want to run nitrous on a lt1 were not sure which camaro to do it on, we have a 95 a4 (shift kit) z-28 125,000 miles and a 97 a4 ss 49,000 miles both are stock, just airfoils. my buddy just got the ss and is making payments, so we dont want to break anything on that one and give him another payment. z-28is payed off. we test ran both of the camaros and the ss got ahead by a car

were racing a 03 gt mustang 5spd, it has some boltons like pullies, intake, cat-back ehxaust, flip chip etc... and nitrous not sure what hp shot but maybe some thing like a 100 shot???

which one would you suggest running nitrous on???

and what hp shot can they handle???

we should be able to get some nitto 555r for the rear.
    should we chage out the plugs, gap???

thanks

black
    02 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by gmpower
    my buddies want to run nitrous on a lt1 were not sure which camaro to do it on, we have a 95 a4 (shift kit) z-28 125,000 miles and a 97 a4 ss 49,000 miles both are stock, just airfoils. my buddy just got the ss and is making payments, so we dont want to break anything on that one and give him another payment. z-28is payed off. we test ran both of the camaros and the ss got ahead by a car

were racing a 03 gt mustang 5spd, it has some boltons like pullies, intake, cat-back ehxaust, flip chip etc... and nitrous not sure what hp shot but maybe some thing like a 100 shot???

thanks
    ???????????????????

Boosted Foolz

BlAcK
    1998 FiReBiRd FoRmUlA

Quote Originally Posted by brad8266
    I would run a 150 shot with it. The LS1 can take a 150 shot with no issues at all. Just be sure to replace the spark plugs with TR6's and a walbro fuel pump would give even added safety even though it isnt needed.
    i agree with that, just change the plugs like he said... you plan on doin a wet shot, dry shot, d/p??
    I'm told you shouldnt spray thru the shifts either, unless you like replacing trannys

98's have the larger injectors so I'de just go all safteys and change the plugs. I have 80 k on my 2002 now and I'm about to do a 100 shot.

black
    02 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by gmpower

thanks
    what about these 95-97 lt1's

SOM
    02 Z28

No, it would not hurt a thing. A 150 shot would be more fun!!!

b00sted
    Just run a WOT switch. Use it with your regular pushbutton just to make sure you're at WOT when you spray. Spray when it hits 3 grand to be safe and it won't backfire. Let off the button, shift, and hit it again.

If you're on the street with nittos and a 125-150 shot, it's gonna blow the tires away if you spray in 2nd.

yellow
    2004 corvette z-06

I ran a 175 shot on my 98 z for 3 years including more than 250 trips down the 1/4 mile and never any problems..... 11.40 at 122 FUN.....

HeKtor
    do it you"ll be fine......150 wet!!!!!!

Teal
    1998 Z28

I run a 125 wet shot on my 98 daily driver with 79k with no problems. I simply changed the plugs to the ngk tr6's and am considering going to a 150 shot.

run a 150 wet shot with some nitto 555r's there should be not problems at all. just get the WOT switch, and a window system and definately tr6s
    D'Agostino Racing.Com
    954-583-8884
    877-DRI-POWER
    Specializing in Late Model GM and Ford Sports Cars

Thread Information