Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    99 Z28

BOTTLE mounting in spare tire compartment!

Has anyone mounted a bottle in the spare tire compartment? I have a 15 lb. bottle(the one that comes with the LS1 dry kit) and it fits very well, but I'm going to have to fabricate something for the brackets because they don't sit flat. Anybody have any solutions or ideas?? <NOT switching to a 10lb.>

juiced00ss
    honestly I dont have any ideas but i think its a good idea as long as you dont mind fabricating somthing. My ss had a bottle mounted in the sparetire well. When i bought the car it was already out. I personally have my bottle mounted between the rear seats on the hump. Me and my buddie made a board outta MDF and covered it with black carpet and some dimond plate for looks.

Quote Originally Posted by juiced00ss
    honestly I dont have any ideas but i think its a good idea as long as you dont mind fabricating somthing. My ss had a bottle mounted in the sparetire well. When i bought the car it was already out. I personally have my bottle mounted between the rear seats on the hump. Me and my buddie made a board outta MDF and covered it with black carpet and some dimond plate for looks.
    sounds nice got pics of that set up ?

quicky06
    somone makes brackets specificly for this

juiced00ss
    No no pics of this setup but i will try to get some as soon as possible

black
    99 Z28

Did some research and found a place that sells bracketry for this application! I will post pics when I am done!

The only problem I had mounting my bottle was a tight fit at the top with the remote bottle opener . I would like to see pics of the mounting kit your getting.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

May I ask what place sells brackets for this? I have the same problem

juiced00ss
    hey i got some pics of my bottle mounted between the rear seats. Sorry about the quality. they were taken with my camera phone.

black
    99 Z28

OK! I have installed my bottle in the compartment and it looks killer! The bracket I fabricated is more sturdy than the one I was going to buy!! PICS UP SOON!

black
    99 Z28

Pics Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pics of my fabrication! It's solid!!! Better than the bracket I was gonna buy!
    Last edited by BlackZ28629; 08-13-2006 at 06:40 PM.

indigo blue met. gm.506
    1999 Camaro Z-28

Hi Im new also first post .There is a compy. call 860 performance products . They have the spire tire bracket ,also a bottle holder that fits 10# & 15# bottles the bracket has a built in heater that is pressure activated Not!!temp controled

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629
    Here are some pics of my fabrication! It's solid!!! Better than the bracket I was gonna buy!
    Very nice job! Thats Exactly what im looking for. Im not good with fabrication.. can you give me a list of parts I need to make the same thing? Using 20 towels to wrap the bottle is getting old. Did you drill right into the side of the fenderwell? Please help me out, the 860 bracket hangs your bottle sideways on the spare mount and i dont like that, a strong bump and it could tear through the mount.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 04-11-2006 at 04:55 PM.
    2000 Z28 m6
    Current Mods-GMMG catback-UMI Diamond SFC's-Pacesetter LT's-ORY-HSW Wet Shot-Pro 5.0-Rebuilt Race Trans-Spec3+-Pacesetter LT's-FRA mod-TBBypass-Whisper Lid-

indigo blue met. gm.506
    1999 Camaro Z-28

There are two spacer for the camaro and your camaro allready has two hole for the right side then I drilled two holes for the hideaway base plate on the left side after tighting up the right side bolts the base plate so that it all lined up and didnt hit anything drilling throw between the gas tank &inside tire well the base plate already predrilled & comes with 4 botls N nutsd & 2 spacers for the camaro but firebird dont need the spacers. I am saveing for the bottle heater bracket right now but the base plate is in. I belive they also have a bottle bracket that mounts between the back two seats
    Last edited by Michael Z-28; 04-11-2006 at 05:39 PM.

black
    99 Z28

Yeah I can get a list together with some instructions for you WinSOme. The 860 bracket was the one I was gonna buy, BUT that bracket free-hangs on the right side,( it does not attach to anything! ) and I did not want that. As you can see in my pics, my fab is mounted on the same places as that bracket, but also mounted on the other side to the piece of metal holding the antenna brace.It is not mounted to fender(look at pics). SOLID!!!! Im telling you! No other company can compare to what I've made here; at least not at this point in time. I can make one of these for those who do not want to fool with making it for about $35 hardware and instructions included.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

So for $35.00 you will send me everything I need to install the kit. So it would pretty much de drill and mount? ne problem though, will this work with any type of 2 bracket bottle mounting? I've got brackets on a 10lb bottle not 15. Do you still think it will work.

black
    99 Z28

Oh yeah it'll still work. I can even paint it whatever color you want. Youll just have to mount the bottle brakets to the bracket itself and drill and mount. I pre-drilled holes where I mounted the screws and used lag bolts for extra durability. Of course Whatever shipping costs as well; I could check if youre interested how much those are.

Red
    79 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ28629
    Yeah I can get a list together with some instructions for you WinSOme. The 860 bracket was the one I was gonna buy, BUT that bracket free-hangs on the right side,( it does not attach to anything! ) and I did not want that. As you can see in my pics, my fab is mounted on the same places as that bracket, but also mounted on the other side to the piece of metal holding the antenna brace.It is not mounted to fender(look at pics). SOLID!!!! Im telling you! No other company can compare to what I've made here; at least not at this point in time. I can make one of these for those who do not want to fool with making it for about $35 hardware and instructions included.

I think there is some confusion as to how it bolts up.
    The 860 bracket does not hang on the right side. It attaches at the same mounting points as yours does, with 4 bolts.
    there are lots of threads on it on ls1tech if you would like to see some pics.

Vinny
    Last edited by 860; 04-12-2006 at 09:23 AM.

black
    99 Z28

Probably a misunderstanding then because the rep I talked to said that it free-hung on right side?? That's why I didnt buy that bracket. BUt the advantage I have over the 860 is that I have the free space under the bottle instead of the top part of the bracket being solid, mine is open which is needed in my case. The 860 bracket is a nice bracket though.

indigo blue met. gm.506
    1999 Camaro Z-28

Yes the 860 bracket mounts using two bolt holes on your spare tire mount and two throughthe tire well, and in my car it is very sturdy and soild . plus $54.00 delivered all I had two do was drill two holes and tighten four bolts. very very easy install

Thread Information