Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

BMN Help!! please

SOO, I thought that I had the BMN window switch wired correctly but now I realized that its not spraying.
    -All three led's light properly. The 12v is always on, the yellow brake light turns on when i depress the pedal, and the green rpm window turns on at the correct rpm. So everything works as it should but its not spraying. I tapped the #10 slot on the PCM and the brake is tapped under the pedal, and the 12v is off the traction control button. When the toggle switch is OFF the BMN switch still has all the correct lights and still lights green in th window even though the N2O system is off. Oh and the switch only works when i set it to 4 cyl mode it the green light lights at the shut OFF poiny when in 8 cyl mode... So the switch works properly but nothing sprays. I think i may have connected the WOT switch wrong because thats the only untestable part of the setup. I replaced the red ground wire on the WOT switch with the wire coming out of the BMN switch thats supposed to be connected to it.But i think i messed this up. PLEASE help me out, i cant figure this out.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 04-15-2006 at 08:45 PM.

If you can quickly draw out the way you wired it together I can tell you what it is. Email or PM it to me. You could try swapping the two pins around on the WOT switch in the mean time if you haven't tried that yet. Also make sure that the window switch is being powered from a switched 12 v, or you could end up with a dead battery.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    SOO, I thought that I had the BMN window switch wired correctly but now I realized that its not spraying.
    -All three led's light properly. The 12v is always on, the yellow brake light turns on when i depress the pedal, and the green rpm window turns on at the correct rpm. So everything works as it should but its not spraying. I tapped the #10 slot on the PCM and the brake is tapped under the pedal, and the 12v is off the traction control button. When the toggle switch is OFF the BMN switch still has all the correct lights and still lights green in th window even though the N2O system is off. Oh and the switch only works when i set it to 4 cyl mode it the green light lights at the shut OFF poiny when in 8 cyl mode... So the switch works properly but nothing sprays. I think i may have connected the WOT switch wrong because thats the only untestable part of the setup. I replaced the red ground wire on the WOT switch with the wire coming out of the BMN switch thats supposed to be connected to it.But i think i messed this up. PLEASE help me out, i cant figure this out.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Ok so this is how everything is wired up. All the led's properly light at the correct time (green in correct window only in 4cyl mode) so at this point im stumped. Please help me out. Also, i think i may have fugged up my noids. I used teflon tape on all connections and apparently im only supposed to use it in pipe thread connections. I'm guessing that pipe thread is the connections that go directly into the noids, meaning that only two fittings on each noid need to be taped, on one side each. When i tested my spray before installing the BMN it wouls spray then sputter after I stopped spraying. I think that some of the tape may have broken off into the noid. Can I take out the fittings and clean them? thanks.

At this point unless the noids are clogged and it is spraying just not a noticeable amount the only other thing i could think of would be by tapping the same 12v twice (once for toggle switch, once for BMN switch) I may have messed something up.
    Please help me out Matt.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 04-17-2006 at 11:02 AM.
    2000 Z28 m6
    Current Mods-GMMG catback-UMI Diamond SFC's-Pacesetter LT's-ORY-HSW Wet Shot-Pro 5.0-Rebuilt Race Trans-Spec3+-Pacesetter LT's-FRA mod-TBBypass-Whisper Lid-

Well first things first, remove all the Teflon tape from all the fittings. You can open up and inspect the solenoids by taking the top nut off and then use a screwdriver to open up the solenoid. There are a few parts in there; it might help to write them down as to which way they were orientated. Or you can send them in and we can take a look at them. If you are getting some exhaust pops it's normal on a wet kit.

Go to page 15 of the manual, it shows what threads need Teflon paste on them.

Follow this diagram, it looks like you tired to use a bit of our diagram for when your not using a window switch and the one included with the BMN. All you should do is go back and have everything wired per the HSW diagram, except for now you'll attach the yellow wire off the relay to the purple wire on the BMN.

Matt

Click for full size
    Ok so this is how everything is wired up. All the led's properly light at the correct time (green in correct window only in 4cyl mode) so at this point im stumped. Please help me out. Also, i think i may have fugged up my noids. I used teflon tape on all connections and apparently im only supposed to use it in pipe thread connections. I'm guessing that pipe thread is the connections that go directly into the noids, meaning that only two fittings on each noid need to be taped, on one side each. When i tested my spray before installing the BMN it wouls spray then sputter after I stopped spraying. I think that some of the tape may have broken off into the noid. Can I take out the fittings and clean them? thanks.

At this point unless the noids are clogged and it is spraying just not a noticeable amount the only other thing i could think of would be by tapping the same 12v twice (once for toggle switch, once for BMN switch) I may have messed something up.
    Please help me out Matt.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Alright ill give it a try. It appears that I did wire the WOT switch wrong. So it appears that I wired everything correctly with the exception of the WOT switch. Which I will put back the way it was and solder the purple coming out of the BMN to the yellow wire coming out of the relay. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. Do you think the sputtering coming out of the nozzle is from clogged noids or is that just the way it is?

Does it happen right after you are done spraying or during?

Matt

Alright ill give it a try. It appears that I did wire the WOT switch wrong. So it appears that I wired everything correctly with the exception of the WOT switch. Which I will put back the way it was and solder the purple coming out of the BMN to the yellow wire coming out of the relay. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. Do you think the sputtering coming out of the nozzle is from clogged noids or is that just the way it is?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

It happens after I spray. It seems to spray fine but when I stop spraying it sputters and leaks out a little bit of fuel for a second.

It's normal to get a few pops/small backfires after letting off a juice run (on a wet shot). Now what do you mean by "leaks out a little bit of fuel for a second"?

Matt

It happens after I spray. It seems to spray fine but when I stop spraying it sputters and leaks out a little bit of fuel for a second.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Ok, im not being clear enough. I removed the actual nitrous/fuel nozzle from the bellows and sprayed it to ensure that it was working. This has nothing to do with the backfire from exhaust. I mean that after test spraying the nitrous with the nozzle removed, holding it it my hand it would sputter and drip after I stopped apraying

Are the drips constant or is it a few and then it stops?

Matt

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

It goes on for a few seconds then stops. When I first installed the system it did not do this

Sounds like there might be junk on your plunger. Crack it open and inspect it (if you want me to give you a run down on how let me know) or if you want to send them in that will work too.

Matt

It goes on for a few seconds then stops. When I first installed the system it did not do this

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Ok, My electronically inclined friend is helping me with the noids tomorrow. As for the window switch, I wired it up correctly today and it works fine! Its so much better than i could have hoped.
    Thanks for the continued help!

No prob, let me know how you make out with the 'noids.

Matt

Thread Information