Black
    05 GTO

best nitrous plate

I've got an LS2 Goat and i'm looking at nitrous plates.

I have an entire kit ready to go except for a plate or nozzle. Its all NX stuff.

What plate or nozzle are most of you guys running? I assume plates are somewhat safer and since its a DD, I'll spend extra money to have a little more insurance.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

I really like the Harris speed plate. Its the only one that has a full 360 degree spray pattern.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I use the NX MAF Kit

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

I run a Nitrous Outlet plate. It seems to be one of the more popular plates around. I like it.

Black
    99 Silverado

I've tuned a couple of the Nitrous Outlet plates and they work well...

GM EFI Tuner
    2002 Trans Am WS6 - 9.41@143mph, #3675, on pump gas and drag radials - sold

white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

+1 vote for the harris plate

Mag Red
    1999 Covette

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    I really like the Harris speed plate. Its the only one that has a full 360 degree spray pattern.
    I used to run that plate ended up taking it off. Seams most everyone says after 100HP they are restricted and seamed that way for me. I put my fogger back on and picked up quite abit.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Qwk Vet View Post
    I used to run that plate ended up taking it off. Seams most everyone says after 100HP they are restricted and seamed that way for me. I put my fogger back on and picked up quite abit.
    Hmm, thats funny you mentioned that, cause im only picking up like 10 rwhp from a 125-175 shot. I thought I was maxing the solenoids out, but I might try to slap a shark nozzle in there and see if I pick up any power.

Mag Red
    1999 Covette

Hmm, thats funny you mentioned that, cause im only picking up like 10 rwhp from a 125-175 shot. I thought I was maxing the solenoids out, but I might try to slap a shark nozzle in there and see if I pick up any power.
    I also went to Shark nozzle and car when faster and the Hit was stronger. Seems like I picked up .02 to.03 or so better 60 ft.

RED ultra Z hood 125 shot
    02 Z28 3200 stalled

only wet shot for me

That's interesting to hear. I ran that plate for 2 seasons without any problems spraying upwards of 200 with it. I'm in love with that thing. Went 10.0 with it.

I took it off when I went to a single plane and gave it to my buddy. He went 10.7 on a cam only 6.0--i mean the heads and oil pan have never been off. It was a junkyard pull out into my old 96 Z28...... Anyways, he was out there with a base tune. Just enough to get the car running and idling. The fact it ran the number it did first time out speaks volumes to me.

Mag Red
    1999 Covette

Quote Originally Posted by jmill96Z View Post
    That's interesting to hear. I ran that plate for 2 seasons without any problems spraying upwards of 200 with it. I'm in love with that thing. Went 10.0 with it.

I took it off when I went to a single plane and gave it to my buddy. He went 10.7 on a cam only 6.0--i mean the heads and oil pan have never been off. It was a junkyard pull out into my old 96 Z28...... Anyways, he was out there with a base tune. Just enough to get the car running and idling. The fact it ran the number it did first time out speaks volumes to me.
    yeah but did u ever back it up with something else?

yeah but did u ever back it up with something else?
    Like what? Same plate on 2 different cars. I probably had 100 nitrous passes on that plate, and my buddy probably put 20 on that same plate.

To me, buying another plate to test against would be a waste of money. I know what works.

I am actually kind of curious as to why you think you had a bottle neck after a 100 shot.

Jeremy

Mag Red
    1999 Covette

Like what? Same plate on 2 different cars. I probably had 100 nitrous passes on that plate, and my buddy probably put 20 on that same plate.

To me, buying another plate to test against would be a waste of money. I know what works.

I am actually kind of curious as to why you think you had a bottle neck after a 100 shot.

Jeremy
    Well lets see I took it off and put a Shark nozzle in its place and picked up like a .15 or so in 1/8 mile and left alot harder. just thought car didnt feel right compared to NOS nozzle I had in there. I am guessing on #s because it has been a few yrs ago.

Well lets see I took it off and put a Shark nozzle in its place and picked up like a .15 or so in 1/8 mile and left alot harder. just thought car didnt feel right compared to NOS nozzle I had in there. I am guessing on #s because it has been a few yrs ago.

That's the first I've heard of someone having this problem with this plate. I've always known this thing to hit like crazy.
    347 H/C
    TH350 4500 PTC
    9.74@137

Mag Red
    1999 Covette

That's the first I've heard of someone having this problem with this plate. I've always known this thing to hit like crazy.
    I have heard about this problem before and I think it was on this site or Corvetteforums.com. But that was my take on it.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

The HSW plate definately hits like a freight train, i stopped purging at the line to lessen the hit from it. My only problem for me is that for some reason on the 125 shot, i pick up exactly 100 rwhp but when I swap the 175 jets in, it only pics up 110 rwhp.

The HSW plate definately hits like a freight train, i stopped purging at the line to lessen the hit from it. My only problem for me is that for some reason on the 125 shot, i pick up exactly 100 rwhp but when I swap the 175 jets in, it only pics up 110 rwhp.
    What is your A/F ratio on the 125, then the 175? What solenoids are you using? Are you an M6 or an A4? If so, what stall or clutch are you using? Where are you pulling the fuel from.....There are a bunch of things that could be the culprit. I'm not saying that the plate is infallible, but lots of things can contribute to making advertised power per jet recommendations.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

I dont remember my a/f ratios, Id have to look at my dyno sheets to be sure but i do know that they were identical. Im using the small HSW solenoids. Im an A4 and I have a performabuilt 3500. Im pulling the fuel from my passenger side rail(pp fuel rails).

11 Second Club 11.34 bigboykilroy's Avatar

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

I run a Nitrous Outlet plate.

Thread Information