Pewter
    2002 WS6

150HP SHOT 1st time - now the clutch pedal dropped?

I ran the 150HP shot tonight for the first time and now the clutch pedal lost about 2" in return throw???

The car really moves out! 1st was pretty much useless once the spray hit (spun the tires from 3000RPM to 5800RPM in the blink of an eye), but after that she was MOVING OUT.

The clutch pedal dropped down quite a bit lower to the floor - but it still seems to function just the same, with less throw.

No fluid on the floor under the car in the garage, the reservoir still has fluid in it...

What the heck happened?

-Eagle
    Last edited by Eagle; 07-22-2007 at 07:37 AM.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

hey i know this is kinda off topic but, i was thinking about doing a 150 too, what upgrades did u have to do? and what kit do u have?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

My problem is that my clutch needs to be bled...

I have an HSW kit. All I did was SFCs, LCAs, and a STB. Plugs also.

Additionally I run HPTuner software for tuning.

-Eagle

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

if i didnt have a tuner, what would u recommend upgrading? like injectors and a fuel pump?

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6 Love View Post
    if i didnt have a tuner, what would u recommend upgrading? like injectors and a fuel pump?
    fuel pump if going wet and injectors if dry+ plus all the saftey

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    fuel pump if going wet and injectors if dry+ plus all the saftey
    i plan on doing a wet 150, whats all the safety include?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Safety items: Bottle heater, fuel pres. switch, wot switch, RPM window switch.

-Eagle

white
    2002 z28

plus a set of TR6 plugs, a goooood tune, and a purge but not complety needed.

white
    2002 z28

you choose right personally i think wet is the best casue it can be tuned and a lot safer. lil harder to install but its still not much and a couple bucks more but youll save if you blow the motor. talk to MRR23 on this site he helped me out a lot and knows everything about NX

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

well, not everything. i've run 150 on both cars with stock fuel systems for many years. the HSW kits are a real good price, for what you get. just got through installing one on a friends car. lid, filter, headers, borla, and 6 speed. made 342rwhp on motor and 455rwhp on a 125 shot.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

so i dont need a fuel system? i just need to upgrade my plugs and maybe injectors? and then just get a window switch, and a purge kit?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Look @ HSW's site for the sudden impact wet kit. Add to that the heater, TR6 plugs, the ash tray switch plate, and optionally a fpss and you're golden. The '02's injectors and FP can handle the 150... at least I know my '02 WS6 can take it!

Now I just need some new tires on top of the suspension mods and I'll be good to go (fast)!

-Eagle

98T/Aformula
    Fule pressure switch is not really needed, spend that on a bottle heater or a electronic bottle opener depending on where you put your bottle but like everyone els said everything listed above should get you a good kit. Im just now installing the NX wet kit and seeing how I have my stock fule system im just going to run a 100 shot just to stay on the safe side. If you do run a 150 shot I would look into a fule pump before you get in over your head in anything els, but then agin I have blown a moter before and never want it to happen to me agin lol...

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

you all are saying he doesnt need any fuel system upgrades OR a fpss? me personally I dont think that is very smart. I have a fuel pressure safety switch and it saved my ass one time due to a clogged fuel filter and it cut my nitrous. I still have the stock fuel system but without a fpss I would not feel safe running my 150 shot on a 110k mile stock fuel system however as long as I know that thing has my back then I am good to go..

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

so all i need is the fpss, a heater, TR6 plugs, and then the impact kit and im good?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

I'm running that very same stuff less the FPSS and I'm all good.

I wouldn't mind adding a fpss tho, so do that and you should be stupid proof.

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

fpss will help prevent a lean out condition,which could destroy the engine with nitrous flowing and not enough fuel being present, by cutting the nitrous if your fuel pressure drops too low.when i put my kit on, a fpss will surely be in place

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I would never run a kit without a FPSS or bottle heater, thats just bad for business. as long as the kit come with all your normal switches like a toggle and WOT switch then I would say you are good to go. also a window switch wouldnt hurt if you are a M6 car. that will just prevent driver error from blowing up the car(such as missing a shift and putting the pedal to the floor and instantly over revving). also the a4 guys tend to use them to take stress off there converter and transmission by not spraying through shifts.

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    Fule pressure switch is not really needed, spend that on a bottle heater or a electronic bottle opener depending on where you put your bottle but like everyone els said everything listed above should get you a good kit. Im just now installing the NX wet kit and seeing how I have my stock fule system im just going to run a 100 shot just to stay on the safe side. If you do run a 150 shot I would look into a fule pump before you get in over your head in anything els, but then agin I have blown a moter before and never want it to happen to me agin lol...
    not to hate , you said lots of good stuff but i rather have a fpss instead of a heater. the heater may be a minute better for consisting and som hp if any. its soo cheap for what it can prevent.

whats kind of nx kit did you get?

what kind of motor did you clow up?

but your on the right track thoe with nx, list times when its all and running

Thread Information