Thread: 150 shot

Thumbs up 150 shot

Can i run a 150 wet shot on completely stock fuel? I know to get the saftey switches and all that i just wanna know if the stock fuel system can handle that. I had no luck searching the forums
    Larry

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

yes. i've done it on both cars. made 483 rwhp with completely stock fuel system.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Done it before also to many cars. Now that you can get a Weldon 255 pump for around a $100 I always put a pump in them now.
    Nice to have that issue taken care of on volume to hold steady fuel pressure for the motor and the unit at full flow.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

black
    1999 ss m6

were either of you guys watching fuel pressure when spraying the nitrous on the stock fuel pumps? were they wet or dry kits? i ask because i also face this issue, i'll definately put a 255 fuel pump in there at some point in the future but would prefer to just spray it now and have some fun the way it sits till i get a free weekend (could be awhile.....) only looking at around 430rwhp as the motor is basically stock and i just want a 100 shot for now

also how important do you guys think a tune is for a 100 shot wet if i run a fuel pressure safety switch, bottle heater, Tr6 plugs, throw in a NOS octane booster or something maybe if you all think its even worth it (California 91 octane gas sucks bad)????

i'm not looking to half ass anything and am not trying go the cheap route but a tune is 500$ where i live and they give no discount for retunes, plus i would have to have a fuel pump professionally installed since i live in an apartment and that makes a 100$ part into a 300$+ decision, plus the tune and its close to $1K....

thanks!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

wet kits on both cars. no fuel pressure gauge. wife's car put 482 rwhp on stock fuel system with the a/f ratio looking fine all the way through.

again, i've run 200 through stock tune.

black
    1999 ss m6

thanks man, i think you answered another post on nitrous i posted, i appreciate it, really really dont want to grenade this motor, i'm going to spray the 50 shot tomorrow just to test it out. any octane booster besides torco that you recommend? those could be garbage but if they are worth even .00001% safety then its worth it

thanks, your the man

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

It can be done, been proven time and again...but for the price of a fuel pump, its cheap insurance

-Will

Thread Information