Thread: Evo Mr Vs Lt1

Hark_Z

Evo Mr Vs Lt1

This isn't a kill but it's worth posting. (And I realize its been posted at the z28 forum as well.)

Okay my friend just got an MR and I had a chance to do a couple of races. I must say I was impressed. My LT1 z28 is an auto and has an FIPK an LM only. I raced the MR from two rolls (both about 15 mph). Also in both races I started in low (1).
    The first race it was close until I bounced off the the rev limiter before shifting into 2. This meant that the evo pulled like 2 cars instantly at about 45. I kept in the race but we both had to shut down at about 85 due to traffic (this was at night time on a busy highway). By 85 she had no more that 2 cars on me.
    After this race I definitely wanted more.... So I got the chance and we went from down low. This time it was dead even once again until about 45 when i shifted into 2. We stopped at 100 where the evo had like 1- 1 1/2 length(s) tops. This isn't too extravagant of a racing story I know but I was happy. All you hear about is LS1's losing all around to these cars and how amazing they are. The Evo was lightly modded. Believe it or not the girl was seemingly a decent driver because I have also had the opportunity to race more evos after this and came up with pretty much identical results. It's a repeating story. It's even until about 40-45 then they pull only 1-2 cars by 100. BTW you guys can take the story for what you think its worth, but I hope it's believable because it is true.

Also I just orderd 3.73's so the races could get more interesting
    Now I have stock 2.73's.....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

um, if you want racing gears get 4.10s

Boosted Foolz

BlAcK
    1998 FiReBiRd FoRmUlA

i dont think 4.10's would work well with and A4

Hark_Z
    I don't think so either, it is my DD.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Hark_Z
    I don't think so either, it is my DD.
    3.73s will really wake your work up. My 342s just came in today :beer3:

2001 Ls1
    racing from a roll

Its very believable because you're racing a 3200lb+ awd 4 door 4 banger w/ 27xhp from a roll. Mods do drop their times in a hurry though.

Hark_Z
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001 Ls1
    racing from a roll

Its very believable because you're racing a 3200lb+ awd 4 door 4 banger w/ 27xhp from a roll. Mods do drop their times in a hurry though.
    Yep, enjoyed reading your post in the kill forum too where you had to educate Batcar.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I figured the EVO would walk you up till about 40, because of traction issues, then from 40 up you should start reeling the evo in and make a pass.

? what is a evo

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by skar
    ? what is a evo

mistsubishi, 4 door 4 bangers with awd and turbo. just a fast and furious car. but from the factory and modded, they are serious contendors in racing

rotarypowered
    evos strong point is racing from a dead stop.I had a 95 z28 vert auto and i am suprised that you could hang that well.I would like to run from from a roll with my bolt on 93 rx7,its quicker than my stock 98c5 mn6(sold).I enjoy this forum as i like chevys too. 98 c5, 67 stingray,(nom) 65malibu ss,89 iroc z,95 z28 vert.

Mark00T/A
    Evos can be pretty nasty little buggers. Iv'e seen mid 13's stock. I also witnessed one go 11.9 with just cams as the only mod.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Just wondering if shifting the a4 manually really helps while racing or if you just prefer to do it. I know some trannies like to do the work and some don't.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

my feeling is if you wanna shift you should've got a 6-speed...the 4l60e is electronically shifted so just adjust the shift points if your not happy with them. Or just put it in drive and not over drive

Hark_Z
    From what I've experienced it is better to shift in my auto because I get a quicker response, especially when racing from a roll. People seem to more so disagree with shifting in an auto but it seems quicker and I've had more success in racing while doing so.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hark_Z
    This isn't a kill but it's worth posting. (And I realize its been posted at the z28 forum as well.)

Okay my friend just got an MR and I had a chance to do a couple of races. I must say I was impressed. My LT1 z28 is an auto and has an FIPK an LM only. I raced the MR from two rolls (both about 15 mph). Also in both races I started in low (1).
    The first race it was close until I bounced off the the rev limiter before shifting into 2. This meant that the evo pulled like 2 cars instantly at about 45. I kept in the race but we both had to shut down at about 85 due to traffic (this was at night time on a busy highway). By 85 she had no more that 2 cars on me.
    After this race I definitely wanted more.... So I got the chance and we went from down low. This time it was dead even once again until about 45 when i shifted into 2. We stopped at 100 where the evo had like 1- 1 1/2 length(s) tops. This isn't too extravagant of a racing story I know but I was happy. All you hear about is LS1's losing all around to these cars and how amazing they are. The Evo was lightly modded. Believe it or not the girl was seemingly a decent driver because I have also had the opportunity to race more evos after this and came up with pretty much identical results. It's a repeating story. It's even until about 40-45 then they pull only 1-2 cars by 100. BTW you guys can take the story for what you think its worth, but I hope it's believable because it is true.

Also I just orderd 3.73's so the races could get more interesting
    Now I have stock 2.73's.....

Ok I own both cars a 98 TA and a 05 EVO, with your mods that MR edition should take you easily. The driver of the MR cant drive, sorry.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by dansls1
    Ok I own both cars a 98 TA and a 05 EVO, with your mods that MR edition should take you easily. The driver of the MR cant drive, sorry.
    I believe your car has a advantage top end wise but stock MR EVO quarter mile is 12.9 @ 105 mph.

Thread Information