Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by cobra443 View Post
    Yeah thats pretty bad. Myself and another guy locally run 11.6-11.9 consistantly with our setups.
    Nice! Stock bottom end and cubes? I wish FI was cheaper for F-body's

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

glad to know that an 11 year old platform is able to duke it out with a 2008 race car. wonder what the LS3 09 camaro will do to it?

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

You mean the 2010 camaro

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

LOL the Camaro will never make it out of production. Gm just likes to fool with everyone.
    And the Gt-r is by no means any kind of (Race Car). How would you even consider that?

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Check this out I watched it on tv just the other night but I found the segment on just the Gt-r on here.. That car is a beast... There $70 grand...the technology and computer onboard is ridiculous... it's comfortable.. looks damn good.. If it was lubricated I'd f@$k it haha

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    LMAO!!! I dunno how advanced they are Like i said I have not seen one in person. Personally I don't like them. That v style motor just killed it for me, I will stick with my old inline 6 turbo skyline.
    my lease on my ex's o7 maxima will be up on november, so I'll be looking to get a newer maxima, not that it has to do with the skyline but Nissan is the only import I am proud to own.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

The new maxima is garbage. Definetly NOT worth the price. 290HP 3600 pounds for 30 grand? And it doesnt even have anything special about it! FWD ftw! Get a damn Accord V6 much better purchase imo.

Windveil Blue
    2008 Ford Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Nice! Stock bottom end and cubes? I wish FI was cheaper for F-body's
    Yep for now. Trying to save up for a 298 stroker and some other stuff. It will be a while though. My setup hasnt been so cheap, I have a little of 6k in mods.
    Last edited by cobra443; 10-25-2008 at 04:04 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    Check this out I watched it on tv just the other night but I found the segment on just the Gt-r on here.. That car is a beast... There $70 grand...the technology and computer onboard is ridiculous... it's comfortable.. looks damn good.. If it was lubricated I'd f@$k it haha

Haha I love how they call it "Mythical", there is absolutely nothing special about any Nissan Skyline, its no better at anything than any other car is. It sure as hell isn't any more attractive or better sounding either. A C5 Corvette will ruin the R34 Skyline in any test out there, the "Mythical" Skyline is the most overrated vehicle in the automotive world.

And now the R35 GTR is out, and proves once again that its completely worthless. It weighs over 4,000lbs, its ugly, it still sounds like crap, its overpriced, and its way overwhelmed by electronic bullshit. If I wanted a sports car to drive itself for me I would take a taxi instead, its pointless. Not only that, but the new GTRs are blowing transmissions left and right, at $20,000 a pop, NOT covered under Nissan's warranty.

For the same price I'll gladly take a Z06, which whoops the Skyline in every test out there (Deja vu?) and look and sounds 100 times better while doing it. Plus, it won't blow its trans and cost $20K to fix.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Haha I love how they call it "Mythical", there is absolutely nothing special about any Nissan Skyline, its no better at anything than any other car is. It sure as hell isn't any more attractive or better sounding either. A C5 Corvette will ruin the R34 Skyline in any test out there, the "Mythical" Skyline is the most overrated vehicle in the automotive world.

And now the R35 GTR is out, and proves once again that its completely worthless. It weighs over 4,000lbs, its ugly, it still sounds like crap, its overpriced, and its way overwhelmed by electronic bullshit. If I wanted a sports car to drive itself for me I would take a taxi instead, its pointless. Not only that, but the new GTRs are blowing transmissions left and right, at $20,000 a pop, NOT covered under Nissan's warranty.

For the same price I'll gladly take a Z06, which whoops the Skyline in every test out there (Deja vu?) and look and sounds 100 times better while doing it. Plus, it won't blow its trans and cost $20K to fix.
    plus gm doesn't have to buy good press for the zo6. the performance speaks for itself.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

LMAO!!! Sounds like B.S to me!!

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Well the GTR doesnt weigh 4000 pounds is all I can say.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Well the GTR doesnt weigh 4000 pounds is all I can say.
    "high curb weight (3,836 pounds)"

"it's even quicker than the Porsche 911 Turbo Tiptronic, but not by much. The German hits 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and blasts through the quarter-mile in 11.6 at 118.5 mph. Due to their lack of all-wheel drive, the Dodge Viper and Corvette Z06 are held back by traction limitations. Despite its 600-hp V10, the last Viper coupe we tested reached 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and finished the quarter-mile 11.8 at 125.3 mph. The Corvette Z06 isn't even close. Once impressive, its 4.1-second 0-60-mph run and 12-second quarter-mile at 121.8 mph are now well off the pace, which is why Chevy is creating the supercharged Corvette ZR1."

"We know you want the numbers and we're not going to waste your time. Neither is Nissan. Its 2009 GT-R hits 60 mph in 3.3 seconds, quicker than the last Dodge Viper, Corvette Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo we tested. Keep your foot pinned, and after another tap on the upshift paddle it will clear the quarter-mile in 11.6 seconds at more than 120 mph. "

Source for above quotes..http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124017 check it out

I searched some on the z06 track times.. owners even said they usually only can get as low as 11.80 Stock

I did however find this one article.. I don't know how the hell that much of a difference came about or how stock it was but this is what he claims

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/05/1...-on-run-flats/

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Wow that makes our Fbodies look slow as piss. I'm curious what the ZR1 does. If he got 10 seconds in something with 100 less HP.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

those GT-Rs crack me up.. i hope i find one.. doubt it though..

when i first heard about them it was....

i saw their power output and yada yada yada.. then saw track times and was like.. WHAT! haha

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

"it's even quicker than the Porsche 911 Turbo Tiptronic, but not by much. The German hits 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and blasts through the quarter-mile in 11.6 at 118.5 mph. Due to their lack of all-wheel drive, the Dodge Viper and Corvette Z06 are held back by traction limitations. Despite its 600-hp V10, the last Viper coupe we tested reached 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and finished the quarter-mile 11.8 at 125.3 mph. The Corvette Z06 isn't even close. Once impressive, its 4.1-second 0-60-mph run and 12-second quarter-mile at 121.8 mph are now well off the pace, which is why Chevy is creating the supercharged Corvette ZR1."

"We know you want the numbers and we're not going to waste your time. Neither is Nissan. Its 2009 GT-R hits 60 mph in 3.3 seconds, quicker than the last Dodge Viper, Corvette Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo we tested. Keep your foot pinned, and after another tap on the upshift paddle it will clear the quarter-mile in 11.6 seconds at more than 120 mph. "

Source for above quotes..http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124017 check it out
    The guys at Edmunds can't drive for shit which is why they always have lower times than everone else. They especially suck at RWD, they must launch at idle and granny shift every gear in order to run such slow times in the Z06. The Z06 is easily a mid 11 second car, and most published tests have it running 0-60 in anywhere from 3.4-3.6 seconds.

The GTR is foolproof, the car drives itself. All you have to do it activate launch control and push the paddle when the engine hits redline. A child could do that, hence the better times than the other cars in the test.
    In the real world though, the GTR is actually the slowest (MPH) and least powerful car in the test.

10's N/A

I searched some on the z06 track times.. owners even said they usually only can get as low as 11.80 Stock

I did however find this one article.. I don't know how the hell that much of a difference came about or how stock it was but this is what he claims

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/05/1...-on-run-flats/
    I wouldn't take Edmunds road test numbers seriously at all. Those guys can't drive for crap. Leave it up to a mainstream magazine with "decent" drivers like Motor Trend to get 11.6/125 in a 2006 Z06 in an old road test. Compare the trap speeds of both the Viper and the Z06 to the Nissan and you can clearly see they are the faster cars no doubt.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    LOL the Camaro will never make it out of production. Gm just likes to fool with everyone.
    And the Gt-r is by no means any kind of (Race Car). How would you even consider that?
    They are already taking pre orders and deposits for them here.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Yeah my manager is picking his up in June. He is buying one for his kid that owns a camaro. Only the 6 cylinder though.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Yeah my manager is picking his up in June. He is buying one for his kid that owns a camaro. Only the 6 cylinder though.
    Its not a Camaro with only 6cyl LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information