2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Camaro 1; Challenger 0

I was entering a 2-lane left turn lane this evening when what do I discover next to me? Brand new (well new enough) SRT8 Challenger in all it's orangeness. I'm on his right and I turn to look and a white haired old lady is sitting in the passenger seat. Now I'm old (53) but these folks are even older.

We make the left turn and I try to goad the driver into doing a roll race but he's having nothing to do with it. We swap places (I'm on his left now) and pull up to the next light. He rolls down the window (I figure he's mid to late 60's), smiles and says, "On the green light?" I give him a thumbs up and we wait.

Get this: I RAPE HIM ACROSS THE INTERSECTION! (yes the letters are orange)

As we crossed the intersection (4 lane with center divider type) I looked at my side mirror (cuz I couldn't see his car) and I saw his headlights. He turned off a short while after that.

I knew this would happen. I'm not exactly stock. 2002 Z28 with: Volant CAI, 1-3/4" QTP LT's, 2-1/2" true duals with an X-pipe and MagnaFlows with turned out tips at the axle, Stage 3 A4 with Fuddle 3400 stall and 3.73 gears.

Forgot to add: Weld in SFC's with adjustable TA and tuning courtesy of HPTuners.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 10-17-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added suspension mods

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I was entering a 2-lane left turn lane this evening when what do I discover next to me? Brand new (well new enough) SRT8 Challenger in all it's orangeness. I'm on his right and I turn to look and a white haired old lady is sitting in the passenger seat. Now I'm old (53) but these folks are even older.

We make the left turn and I try to goad the driver into doing a roll race but he's having nothing to do with it. We swap places (I'm on his left now) and pull up to the next light. He rolls down the window (I figure he's mid to late 60's), smiles and says, "On the green light?" I give him a thumbs up and we wait.

Get this: I RAPE HIM ACROSS THE INTERSECTION! (yes the letters are orange)

As we crossed the intersection (4 lane with center divider type) I looked at my side mirror (cuz I couldn't see his car) and I saw his headlights. He turned off a short while after that.

I knew this would happen. I'm not exactly stock. 2002 Z28 with: Volant CAI, 1-3/4" QTP LT's, 2-1/2" true duals with an X-pipe and MagnaFlows with turned out tips at the axle, Stage 3 A4 with Fuddle 3400 stall and 3.73 gears.

Forgot to add: Weld in SFC's with adjustable TA and tuning courtesy of HPTuners.
    Good mods! The stall takes it!

I ran one, (im an M6) he tried a fly by but i stopped him and started gaining. He had a Hennessey vinal on the side too, dunno what mods that entails but it would be a better run from a dig.

Good work, I still want to get a run with a new one from a dig!

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Did you give him the AARP headstart?

White
    01 SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    LMAO!

I love old guys like this.

My uncles is in his late 60s, but he still gets his old novas out everyone in a while (63 inline 6 convertible, 64 cammed smallblock coupe) and has fun with them. Last time I was with him though, he drove slower than my grandmother. I think his vision and reaction time is going, but least he knows it and drives slower as a result.

Good story.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Your a cool 53 year old, I have yet to get anyone over 30 to play around on the street

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Now I'm old (53) but these folks are even older.

Good kill man! Good to see you old bags still havin fun

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

I actually qualify for that myself.

To be honest with you racing cars has never gotten old for me. Earlier this year I totally treed a kid in an 06 or 07 Mustang Cobra at the track (this was before the I added the torque converter). My RT was .048 to his .5xx. My slower 13.14 @ 108 beat his 12.9xx @ 115 as my quicker reaction time allowed me to get to the end 1st.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post

Good kill man! Good to see you old bags still havin fun
    See my post above. I've been drag racing cars for 35 years now and I still get an adrenaline rush doing it.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

I actually qualify for that myself.
    You youngsters make me laugh...............I'm 58 and still bangin' gears.......nothing better than shutting the young ones down when they think you're too old................

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

You youngsters make me laugh...............I'm 58 and still bangin' gears.......nothing better than shutting the young ones down when they think you're too old................
    Thanx for the compliment bud. It's been quite awhile since anybody around me has been able to say that. Most of the folks I hang with consider me the elder statesman.

Thread Information