Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Evo of some sort

Got me from a dig and a 20 roll bc i couldn't quit spinning. Fck awd.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

By how many cars?

silver
    2002 ws6

you gotta remember those EMO's have training wheels. get yourself some good tires.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

fwd................ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Man are you really that bitter? Training wheels? It's harder to learn how to launch awd then it is rwd.
    I can launch my S 10x better then my TA so not really....

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

LOL. I've owned 3 RWD and 2 AWD. RWD is far easier to launch.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I guess, I have had two awd cars and I could always launch them better then I could launch my TA im just weird I guess.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

well it was a few cars the first time, he took off and i didn't go anywhere (thanks crappy austin streets) but i wasn't trying that time too much bc someone had just turned right in front of us and was maybe an 8th mile down the road; i didn't want to hit them or do a dickhead flyby so i spun the tires and then didn't really take off. second run was safer and he pulled maybe 2 cars on me while my car kicked sideways, shifted to second, spun again and then started pulling, he was still going and i'm maybe 3 cars back at this point but i started gaining ground and then he hit the brakes and turned off immediately

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

learn to roll into the throttle and not just mash it to the floor. practice, practice.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Electron Blue
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    you gotta remember those EMO's have training wheels. get yourself some good tires.
    Never heard that one before

10's N/A

Now that is just a ridiculous statement right there. An AWD car is no way more difficult to launch. The WRX's and EVO's have been virtually capable of beating F-body 0-60 times and matching quarter-mile performance, despite having a considerable amount less horsepower. And you can take the same two cars and go from a roll race and it's NO MATCH. You even mentioned in one of your other posts about "the AWD advantage". E'nuff of the B.S.'n now please.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Now that is just a ridiculous statement right there. An AWD car is no way more difficult to launch. The WRX's and EVO's have been virtually capable of beating F-body 0-60 times and matching quarter-mile performance, despite having a considerable amount less horsepower. And you can take the same two cars and go from a roll race and it's NO MATCH. You even mentioned in one of your other posts about "the AWD advantage". E'nuff of the B.S.'n now please.
    Completely agree. RWD takes skill to launch, you have to balance the launch RPM, clutch modulation, and throttle in order to hook up the fastest and get off the line without bogging or turning the tires into smoke.

With AWD you just rev it up to your launch RPM, and then drop the clutch and floor it. You fry the clutch, possibly bark the tires, and you're on your way.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Completely agree. RWD takes skill to launch, you have to balance the launch RPM, clutch modulation, and throttle in order to hook up the fastest and get off the line without bogging or turning the tires into smoke.

With AWD you just rev it up to your launch RPM, and then drop the clutch and floor it. You fry the clutch, possibly bark the tires, and you're on your way.
    You bog way more with awd if you just pop the clutch. You build up boost by revving to high rpms and by dropping the clutch you lose it all, bog and then have to wait to build the boost back up which in turn takes longer to recover from then blowing the tires off of a rwd car. I understand your opinion but experience is a lot better then assumption.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I learned to launch a STI. I got my best ones when I didn't pop the clutch all the way up. You just kinda gotta feel the right throttle and clutch to give the car. Still, I was launching the STI alot faster than I launched my old WS6

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

It's harder to learn how to launch AWD, I wasn't trying to say that AWD wasn't capable of beating RWD. Reading comprehension FTW.

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

I've never tried to launch an AWD car myself but my friends that have had talons and evos and wrxs all took awhile to learn. The traction is so good that they allways bogged it. You really have to rev the piss out of those things and just drop the clutch.

On the street though a AWD car owns. This kid had an old ass talon with a big 60 trim turbo on it and it would leave a stoplight like a raped ape shot out of a rubber band.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

yeah, if i really cared about my street performance in the various stoplight races i'd feather the launch and open it up gradually but it's hard to do even that enough on my 10k mile eagle f1's. i just need new tires if i'm going to take out the evo and the knowledge that that's all its gonna take is plenty for me.

Thread Information