Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fairlady z

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    No, it's in English.

Very common to put badges on japanese cars with the name it has in Japan. This trend came with "JDM" which MOST people don't understand.

JDM styling is very clean, very unflashy, very simple, yet very functional.

Decent example here. Although I feel the car would look cleaner with a white hood.

Click for full size
    I guess your definitin of "clean" and my definition of clean must be two totally different things. That looks like your typical riceburner civic, which can often be seen in its natural habitat of the Burger King parking lot or running 16's at the local track on street legal night.

Most "tuners" are ricers. I've only met a handful of "tuners" who don't drive riced up cars with fart cans and stupid wings.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I guess your definitin of "clean" and my definition of clean must be two totally different things. That looks like your typical riceburner civic, which can often be seen in its natural habitat of the Burger King parking lot or running 16's at the local track on street legal night.

Most "tuners" are ricers. I've only met a handful of "tuners" who don't drive riced up cars with fart cans and stupid wings.

No one cares Wesman.

yep, both of those cars look like shit and LMAO at the Burger king habitat. Its Arby's in my area :P
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 09-24-2008 at 05:10 AM.

TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

idk...up here in alaska....theres some slow ricer mofos that say their jdm this and that...and run 17's...but there are some true jdm cars...civics at that that run 12's on 8psi...idk....i like most jdm car's....a few stickers....and real ponies under the hood around 320+ i would chill with....but big wings....fugly bodykits...and the oh so famous fart can....can keep it moving to burgerking...lol...

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Jesus Wesman, what the hel is your problem?
    Every single thread i have seen you on is just just acting like an ass and insulting everything that isnt exactly what you like.

Having your own opinion is all fine, but you dont need to be an ass an insult evrythingn and everyone.

i happen to know a guy with a 90 Crx, it looks incredibly good, runs 12s, nad makes almost 300HP naturally aspirated with a 1.6L. thats pretty damn impressive.

and before you go off ranting about how im probably a ricer, i have a 69 camaro. I dont own any imports.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

No, it's in English.

Very common to put badges on japanese cars with the name it has in Japan. This trend came with "JDM" which MOST people don't understand.

JDM styling is very clean, very unflashy, very simple, yet very functional.

Decent example here. Although I feel the car would look cleaner with a white hood.

Click for full size
    It would look even better in a trash compactor.

Kidding, I'm not a fan of that body style but my god its nice to see one who doesn't destroy the cars looks. I gave up trying to explain what JDM really was to people a long time ago. It's not gigantic wings that add nothing, or stickers, or tail lights, JDM is not a brand for crying out loud (at least as I understood from my buddy who lived in Japan for 4 years).

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

No one cares Wesman.
    No, nobody cares about your rice, which you still don't seem to understand, because you keep bringing it up in every thread. JDM this, type r that, give it a rest. Go stand outside your local walmart and try to tell people about how great these cars are, you might get a more positive response at least.
    Last edited by Wesman; 09-24-2008 at 12:11 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    Jesus Wesman, what the hel is your problem?
    Every single thread i have seen you on is just just acting like an ass and insulting everything that isnt exactly what you like.
    Nowhere in my post did I "act like an ass". I merely stated the truth. Nobody here should be insulted, this is a board about american cars, not riceed up hondas. I don't see why some people (such as yourself) are surprised and insulted that not everyone likes japanese cars, we aren't on a honda forum, not everyone is going to like riceburners. In fact, most people don't.

i happen to know a guy with a 90 Crx, it looks incredibly good, runs 12s, nad makes almost 300HP naturally aspirated with a 1.6L. thats pretty damn impressive.
    I don't believe for one minute that he has 300HP out of an N/A 1.6. My friend has a 1.8, turbocharged, VTEC, stock compression, full bolt ons, and he made 280WHP on 10PSI. So unless its a fully built race motor running to 10,000RPM, I really don't see how thats possible.

Im with Wesman, fuck Japanese cars.

White
    01 SS Vert

I didn't read the whole thread, just the first post, but just b/c someone has a car that you want to race doesn't mean they can at that exact time. I've had ppl more than once motion/try and play and I'm either on my way to work and can't turn off, it's my exit, I'm short on time, ect......just becuase you are ready and want to play doesn't mean they can - and it doesn't mean they are an ass b/c they don't either.

As for the 350Zs, my friend always referred to his as 'the fairlady.' It's fairly common. Even for a stock car, it was fun considering it's a V6.

The fiance wants a G35.....can't say I'm against it. I like the body lines.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 01 SS Vert View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread, just the first post, but just b/c someone has a car that you want to race doesn't mean they can at that exact time. I've had ppl more than once motion/try and play and I'm either on my way to work and can't turn off, it's my exit, I'm short on time, ect......just becuase you are ready and want to play doesn't mean they can - and it doesn't mean they are an ass b/c they don't either.

As for the 350Zs, my friend always referred to his as 'the fairlady.' It's fairly common. Even for a stock car, it was fun considering it's a V6.

The fiance wants a G35.....can't say I'm against it. I like the body lines.
    G35's are the sex... only other vehicle i would desire to own other than an f body or a vette (that is affordable anyway..)

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by LS1TransHed View Post
    Its the name for their Z Cars. 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX, 350Z from oldest to newest. Pretty much, as the displacement of the engines go up... the number goes up. And now that they're going to be going to that new 3.7L engine that you see in the G37s, ull see a 370Z.
    Yeah that ^^^

But a "Fairlady" should be a right-side driver.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Nowhere in my post did I "act like an ass". I merely stated the truth. Nobody here should be insulted, this is a board about american cars, not riceed up hondas. I don't see why some people (such as yourself) are surprised and insulted that not everyone likes japanese cars, we aren't on a honda forum, not everyone is going to like riceburners. In fact, most people don't..
    truth and ponion are two very different things... my point is that you cant state you dont like something, but you dont need to continually insult it, which you do in many threads.
    i agree that id much rather have a big v8 and rear wheel drive, but i respect that there are plenty of foriegn cars that can make decent power adn look good.

shit, what even counts as a domestic car these days?
    the 2008 Pontiac G8 GT. The 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8. 2010 Chevy Camaro SS. The Dodge Charger SRT8. Chrysler 300 SRT8 ... there all built outside the united states of america!
    so becareful of those FORIEGN cars.

I don't believe for one minute that he has 300HP out of an N/A 1.6. My friend has a 1.8, turbocharged, VTEC, stock compression, full bolt ons, and he made 280WHP on 10PSI. So unless its a fully built race motor running to 10,000RPM, I really don't see how thats possible.[/QUOTE]

as for the 1.6L, it is angine built specifically for a full fiberglass CRX dragster.
    built by a place in orange county called JER, does all skyline and 2jz motors...
    253FWH
    its just to bad its front wheel drive

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

As for most foreigns cars they are made in America. I built parts for Honda, Nissan, Subaru , toyota and lexus in the good ole South. As for the engineering aspect of which I deal with everyday.. a lot of foreign concepts are quite complicated.. not fully tested.. nor understood and based on ignorance and saving cash. Its not about where its made, its about how its made and what it does. I will stick with my GM because its familiar, easy to work on, most stuff is simple and IMO looks damn good usually. Ive seen a lot of fast "foreign " cars but none of them IMO look good except for the 3000gt . Remember 99.99999999999999 of the public only talks about cars when something breaks, and then they shell out cash for someone to deal with it. As for the OP. Relabeling = epic fail

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

No, nobody cares about your rice, which you still don't seem to understand, because you keep bringing it up in every thread. JDM this, type r that, give it a rest. Go stand outside your local walmart and try to tell people about how great these cars are, you might get a more positive response at least.
    I've never mentioned JDM prior to this thread, and I don't even like type R hondas.

I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings that my "ricer" is faster then your Detroit muscle. Most people don't care about that, I guess it gets your panties in a bunch though.

TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

i love my t/a....but i first fell in love with imports....real JDM cars....no big wings and loud fart cans....but sleak simple styling...decals of parts that are on the car....the shocker symbol....ect....basic bolt ons....badass wheels....

all i kno....im trading my t/a for an 09 Subaru WRX....FTMFW

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I'm a huge fan of the FD RX-7's. Those are some of the cleanest looking cars around!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings that my "ricer" is faster then your Detroit muscle. Most people don't care about that, I guess it gets your panties in a bunch though.

I'd rather have a 12 second, respectable, great sounding, great looking car than a piece of shit on wheels 11 second car that sounds like someone farting. I'd also rather have a 12 second car that will easily run for 200K miles rather than an overboosted 4 cylinder thats past its expiration date by 50,000 miles. You wouldn't understand that though.

You are on American car forum talking shit to people when you drive a rattle trap mitsubishi...you really need to get a life.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    shit, what even counts as a domestic car these days?
    the 2008 Pontiac G8 GT. The 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8. 2010 Chevy Camaro SS. The Dodge Charger SRT8. Chrysler 300 SRT8 ... there all built outside the united states of america!
    so becareful of those FORIEGN cars.
    Apparently you're never had an economics class of any sort. Its about economics, when you buy a car from GM, Ford, or Chrysler, you are supporting the American economy. Meaning the money is re-invested in your own country, in the form of jobs, stock, capital, ect. The cars could be made on Mars, it doesn't matter, when you buy vehicles from American companies, it benefits the American economy as a whole.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I'd rather have a 12 second, respectable, great sounding, great looking car than a piece of shit on wheels 11 second car that sounds like someone farting. I'd also rather have a 12 second car that will easily run for 200K miles rather than an overboosted 4 cylinder thats past its expiration date by 50,000 miles. You wouldn't understand that though.

You are on American car forum talking shit to people when you drive a rattle trap mitsubishi...you really need to get a life.

I'm not "talking shit" to anyone. You set yourself up to be trolled by random people, I have and always will come to the table with sound arguments. I very rarely act insulting.

As has been proven over and over again, your opinions are just that, opinioins. No where in your absurd rant was there any shred of truth.

As for me being on an American car forum, welp, it's a free country out here in good old Pennsylvania still, so I think I'll exercise that right. I do however find it hypocritical for you to point out my being here. To me, this is a kill story forum and I have yet to see a Wesman kill story. Honestly you only ever respond to threads that are import vs LS1.

I think you like the negative attention.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information