Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

When you posted this.
    Umm...
    yeah...the moonshine, lay off.

Good answer.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I guarantee that once you dump all that money into the blower, supporting mods, drivetrain, suspension, etc. you will not wan't to drive that car on a daily basis. You'll have to have a beater on the side.

Just remember you called B.S. on that one. I just had to make you a believer.
    Same track, Same day, same conditions, same driver, he would've run about a 13.1 or so in an S197. Like I said....About 2 to 3 tenths, that's it. I don't care about all the people that run 14.s and such in these things. I don't even believe LS1's high 13's, even though people run those numbers. It's not even that they are bad drivers, it's just because on any given day, the Density Altitude is different. There's alot more variables to drag racing than I once thought. N20LT4, YOU KNOW WE ARE GOING NOWHERE on this subject, so, we agree to disagree and if you had an LS1 with similar money put into it, I'd say lets meet at the track, but...oh well.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Same track, Same day, same conditions, same driver, he would've run about a 13.1 or so in an S197. Like I said....About 2 to 3 tenths, that's it. I don't care about all the people that run 14.s and such in these things. I don't even believe LS1's high 13's, even though people run those numbers. It's not even that they are bad drivers, it's just because on any given day, the Density Altitude is different. There's alot more variables to drag racing than I once thought. N20LT4, YOU KNOW WE ARE GOING NOWHERE on this subject, so, we agree to disagree and if you had an LS1 with similar money put into it, I'd say lets meet at the track, but...oh well.
    I'll agree to disagree. Your right, we could fill up another 2 or 3 pages with this debate until it gets locked! Like usual.

silver
    2002 ws6

it takes about 5500- 6000 bucks to get a stang into the 11's... man.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Altitude does play a big part of times depending on where a person is.
    the track i go to is 660 DA.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    That would be accurate, I'm assuming, and I suprisingly agree with you. I've spent about 1700 to get to an equivelent 12 at sea level at my track. Then again, I haven't payed any labor charges yet. You may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    Altitude does play a big part of times depending on where a person is.
    the track i go to is 660 DA.
    I dream of running in that altitude. Me and the fellas are going to either Kansas or Vegas to run at sea level soon.

black

That would be accurate, I'm assuming, and I suprisingly agree with you. I've spent about 1700 to get to an equivelent 12 at sea level at my track. Then again, I haven't payed any labor charges yet. You may be right.

I dream of running in that altitude. Me and the fellas are going to either Kansas or Vegas to run at sea level soon.
    if i was to run my car at a Colorado track, ill bet id be in the mid 12s.
    vegas in november on a nice cool morning should give a good result

black

an ls1 is right around there also.

my cam kit install, ported oil pump,
    tuning and labor was 1800
    stall converter installed/ tuning was 1100
    headers, y pipe installed/ with tuning was 1000
    catback installed 450
    volant cai 250
    subframes 200
    ls6 intake installed 550
    bfg drs 300

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

if i was to run my car at a Colorado track, ill bet id be in the mid 12s.
    vegas in november on a nice cool morning should give a good result
    You must be very deep in the 11's at your track then. There are plenty of modded Cobras and LSx's in the 12's here, as well as 13's and 14's too.

an ls1 is right around there also.

my cam kit install, ported oil pump,
    tuning and labor was 1800
    stall converter installed/ tuning was 1100
    headers, y pipe installed/ with tuning was 1000
    catback installed 450
    volant cai 250
    subframes 200
    ls6 intake installed 550
    bfg drs 300
    Wow, I appreciate the honesty man, I was tempted to believe it was like 1000 bucks or something the way most guys talk.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-28-2008 at 01:49 PM.

black

You must be very deep in the 11's at your track then. There are plenty of modded Cobras and LSx's in the 12's here, as well as 13's and 14's too.

Wow, I appreciate the honesty man, I was tempted to believe it was like 1000 bucks or something the way most guys talk.
    im a high 11 second car. my times are typical of likewise modded cars.

the labor added close to about 2k to my grand total of everything i did.

you can run 11s for a little over 1k if you go with a 150 shot of giggle gas and DRs.
    Last edited by nhraformula; 09-28-2008 at 02:21 PM.

10's N/A

Man what is it with your beef with LS1's and their owners? I think you should change your name to 'Mustangfan-Boy'.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Man what is it with your beef with LS1's and their owners? I think you should change your name to 'Mustangfan-Boy'.
    LoL, I lovvvvvvvve Camaros and T/A's. I always have. In my little car club at work, we have LS1 owners in there as well. I've talked to HONEST LS1 owners about their cars and have driven some of them, and yes, I've driven heads and cam LS1's too. I know what the car is capable of so when someone is throwing out some bull.....I challenge it, that's all

im a high 11 second car. my times are typical of likewise modded cars.

the labor added close to about 2k to my grand total of everything i did.

you can run 11s for a little over 1k if you go with a 150 shot of giggle gas and DRs.
    I hate to challenge your best guess, since you seem to be pretty grounded, but if you're high 11's at sea level(assuming), then you'd be hard pressed to get into the 12's here. Most pullied/exhaust Terminators run 13.0-13.3's here.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-28-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

And another thing is out of all the guys out there that don't need to lie, LS1 owners do it the most. I'm serious.

10's N/A

And another thing is out of all the guys out there that don't need to lie, LS1 owners do it the most. I'm serious.
    Yeah freakin' right! You can't expect me to believe that. What would an LS1 guy have to lie about? I mean, really though, the cars can make 350rwhp with just BOLT-ONS, over 500rwhp with H/C and still maintain decent street manners. What is their to lie about?

black

I hate to challenge your best guess, since you seem to be pretty grounded, but if you're high 11's at sea level(assuming), then you'd be hard pressed to get into the 12's here. Most pullied/exhaust Terminators run 13.0-13.3's here.
    i under estimated how much the DA would of effected my car. i was just guessing it would slow me down by half a second or so.

silver
    2002 ws6

so when are the mustangs getting a bigger engine? i keep hearing rumors.

black

i have to disagree with above. the worst offenders of "padding numbers" are import guys

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

i under estimated how much the DA would of effected my car. i was just guessing it would slow me down by half a second or so.
    That track is unbelievably brutal. When I run at sea level, i'll probably pass out, it'll be so much different. When my best friend came up here from Indiana with his 98 Camaro, he was like WTF???? I just chuckled and reminded him that he was driving a mile high and his car was starving for air. Guys up here run ALOT of juice at the track to compensate.

Yeah freakin' right! You can't expect me to believe that. What would an LS1 guy have to lie about? I mean, really though, the cars can make 350rwhp with just BOLT-ONS, over 500rwhp with H/C and still maintain decent street manners. What is their to lie about?
    This is my point EXACTLY, but they do when they talk about racing or what mods they have. They usually act like they haven't done much to their car, then they race stock cars of different makes. I'm seeing alot of raggin on the new SRT 8 challenger too. When those guys start modding, I think they'll silence alot of the bullshiters.

i have to disagree with above. the worst offenders of "padding numbers" are import guys

Maybe so, but imports don't intrigue me as much as Muscle does(except Skylines and Supras), so I don't care what they're talking about most of the time.

so when are the mustangs getting a bigger engine? i keep hearing rumors.
    Ford is fuggin with us. They have never had any reason to change anything since Stangs sell so much, but now that the Challenger and the New Camaro is coming out with 400+hp, I expect it to be soon, or else guys like me will go back home to GM, where my heart has been before I got the Stang. Ima still get that Camaro though. I don't want the Challenger for some reason.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-29-2008 at 06:29 AM.

Thread Information