Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Totally different car and driver. Any track times??
    O gosh, here we go again...

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    What is it going to take for you [CamaroFan] to realize that S197 Mustangs and LS1 F-bodies ARE NOT equal? Stock for stock, bolt-on for bolt-on...they are NOT equal. Period! I think it's ironic how you keep trying to make the 05-up Mustangs like they are an even match for an LS1. They just aren't. I notice in every situation you blame it on the driver, like you are Evan Smith or something. Everytime, "the driver", "the driver". LS1's are a more potent powerplant, simple as that.

I think you have misunderstood me if you think I think they are EQUAL. There's no replacement for displacement. I'm a big quoter of that. My arguement has always been that LS1 dudes lie all the time and I used to believe all the hype, yet stock for stock, they are about 2., maybe tenths apart with equal drivers, not a full second and all that garbage you hear. Yes, I think Ford can compete with Chevy, and I grew up a HUGE GM Fan, and I still am. Actually, everytime I post my LS2 kills, the Driver excuse is brought up here too. Don't make me start showing the vids again. Bring a lightly modded LS1 my way and I'll chew it up N/A with under 2000 into my ride right now. If we were about 1 second slower than you guys, then I'd say we are in a different league......FAIL. You are not that fast. Modded?? The LS1 is unrivaled when it comes to N/A potential. Unbeatable? Hell no.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

What is it going to take for you [CamaroFan] to realize that S197 Mustangs and LS1 F-bodies ARE NOT equal?

What would it take to convince me that LS1 are just in a different league as you say?

Honestly, there would've had to been a stock LS1 to beat me by about 5 cars in the 1/4 stock for stock. Every since I've seen the actual truth, I just tell it like it is.

10's N/A

here too. Don't make me start showing the vids again. Bring a lightly modded LS1 my way and I'll chew it up N/A with under 2000 into my ride right now. .
    See, that's the problem. When you say "lightly modded", do you mean mod for mod with everything you have done to your car? Because if you do, then you would lose! Your car mod for mod is not going to "chew" up an LS1, and if you think taking advantage of impaired Camaro & Firebird drivers makes your Mustang superior to modded LS1's then your trippin' my friend. When I saw my bro go 13.2/107.4 in his bone-stock SOM '02 T/A on street tires, and back it up with 13.30s-13.40's over and over again, I knew what those motors were capable of with the right driver. I'm sorry but it's going to take you more that 2-tenths to keep up with a driver that knows what he's doing.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i dunno you tell me. he has long tube headers, off road x pipe, CAI, and a dyno tune.

BTW, hammer, Here ya go, in response.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...GTO_187199.htm
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/CTSV-kill_123202.htm

Here's a special one for you guys

See, that's the problem. When you say "lightly modded", do you mean mod for mod with everything you have done to your car? Because if you do, then you would lose! Your car mod for mod is not going to "chew" up an LS1, and if you think taking advantage of impaired Camaro & Firebird drivers makes your Mustang superior to modded LS1's then your trippin' my friend. When I saw my bro go 13.2/107.4 in his bone-stock SOM '02 T/A on street tires, and back it up with 13.30s-13.40's over and over again, I knew what those motors were capable of with the right driver. I'm sorry but it's going to take you more that 2-tenths to keep up with a driver that knows what he's doing.

Mod for mod has never been realistic to me when I went out to consider a car. Each car wakes up with it's own set up. With LS1's, it's no secret the heads/cams/full exhaust will get you to the promise land, so to speak. With our cars, Boost is the way to go because we have a lower compression, so we can be more risky when it comes to pounds compared to you guys. Oh, and you had better hope that Ford doesn't do this because it would completely give me fuel against your GM superiority arguement. I believe I would get banned from this site. Ford, with this motor would be using a bit of LSx science by having a high compression, which would respond to N/A mods like the LSx motors do...........And yet still, less cubes to attain this.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-26-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

BTW, N20LT4, your bro's 13.3's are no big deal to me bone stock because my converted bone stock times are 13.4's when I was bone stock. I know you won't give me credit for that so go to the MustangForum site you joined and look up the "Track times sticky". There are several low thirteen guys on there bone stock with the fastest on there a 13.2. I believe this is the thread of some of the guys that did 13.2 stock on there, but the thread is lengthy so, it might be buried a bit.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-26-2008 at 01:58 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

Oh, no, I don't doubt what My eyes have seen. You pulled that dude strong. I'm talking bout me and my set up. Totally different car and driver. Any track times??
    sure. if you put enough mods into your stang, you'll beat me. right on. no track times, no strip around here for over 300 miles. so we do it the old fashioned way. line em up and first one to the line wins. all i do know is i'm doing between 108- 110 mph in the quarter.

BTW, hammer, Here ya go, in response.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...GTO_187199.htm
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/CTSV-kill_123202.htm

Here's a special one for you guys

Mod for mod has never been realistic to me when I went out to consider a car. Each car wakes up with it's own set up. With LS1's, it's no secret the heads/cams/full exhaust will get you to the promise land, so to speak. With our cars, Boost is the way to go because we have a lower compression, so we can be more risky when it comes to pounds compared to you guys. Oh, and you had better hope that Ford doesn't do this because it would completely give me fuel against your GM superiority arguement. I believe I would get banned from this site. Ford, with this motor would be using a bit of LSx science by having a high compression, which would respond to N/A mods like the LSx motors do...........And yet still, less cubes to attain this.
    well i'll be. those lsx cars need the driver mod.

10's N/A

With our cars, Boost is the way to go because we have a lower compression, so we can be more risky when it comes to pounds compared to you guys. .
    Ehh...with your cars, boost is the only way to go due to lack of engine displacement. Mod for mod in N/A form, you guys are no match.

Oh, and you had better hope that Ford doesn't do this because it would completely give me fuel against your GM superiority arguement. I believe I would get banned from this site.
    HA HA! I'm assuming you haven't heard that GM is producing a 5th generation of the Camaro, have you? Whatever Ford throws out there, GM will answer successfully, like they've always done for the past 15 years.

Ford, with this motor would be using a bit of LSx science by having a high compression, which would respond to N/A mods like the LSx motors do...........And yet still, less cubes to attain this.
    And yet you pointed out exactly what the disadvantage would be for the Ford powerplant: Less cubes! Must I repeat the old saying again?

BTW, N20LT4, your bro's 13.3's are no big deal to me bone stock because my converted bone stock times are 13.4's when I was bone stock. I know you won't give me credit for that so go to the MustangForum site you joined and look up the "Track times sticky". There are several low thirteen guys on there bone stock with the fastest on there a 13.2. I believe this is the thread of some of the guys that did 13.2 stock on there, but the thread is lengthy so, it might be buried a bit.
    13.20's for a stock S197? I'd have to see that one with my own two eyes. You'd be lucky to see one go within 5-tenths of that down here, and i'm at Sea Level surrounded by three good tracks. Now 12.80's for a stock LS1 SS, that's a different story. Proof is in the pudding on that one.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

not to sound like a smartalex, but 13s with gears and other mods isnt too impressive.
    back in 2001 with just a airlid and running on street tires i was running 13.40s alll day.

anyways, let the age old debate about which car is better continue....
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Ehh...with your cars, boost is the only way to go due to lack of engine displacement. Mod for mod in N/A form, you guys are no match.
    I agree with you actually here, but who cares? I can still whip some LSx ass now, and will come after guys like you in due time.

HA HA! I'm assuming you haven't heard that GM is producing a 5th generation of the Camaro, have you? Whatever Ford throws out there, GM will answer successfully, like they've always done for the past 15 years.
    Yes, and believe it or not, I'm going to most likely get one to add to my love for the big three(American Muscle).
    No, they haven't dominated for the past 15 years. You guys won't admit it, but Ford put out the Terminator. Same 35000 class. It's a legend like your cars. If you deny that, you're simply in denial.

And yet you pointed out exactly what the disadvantage would be for the Ford powerplant: Less cubes! Must I repeat the old saying again?
    NO because I believe in that saying too. My arguement is never about not needing cubes, It's about the fact that you think the LS1 is untouchable science to car makers.

13.20's for a stock S197? I'd have to see that one with my own two eyes. You'd be lucky to see one go within 5-tenths of that down here, and i'm at Sea Level surrounded by three good tracks. Now 12.80's for a stock LS1 SS, that's a different story. Proof is in the pudding on that one.
    LoL, you need some drivers down there then. 12.80's???? Stock??? has it happened somewhere? Maybe. Is it to be expected??????

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    not to sound like a smartalex, but 13s with gears and other mods isnt too impressive.back in 2001 with just a airlid and running on street tires i was running 13.40s alll day.

anyways, let the age old debate about which car is better continue....
    Are you talking my altitude(5880ft, and I'm not even going to mention the density altitude) or sea level?
    I could run your 13.40s at sea level in my car when it was stock, no prob, just drive it like it should be driven. And whatever comments made about my high altitude time is comical to me because there was an LS2 right behind me in both vids. Too bad I didn't have the cam when I got the 2 Maros.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 09-27-2008 at 07:31 AM.

10's N/A

I agree with you actually here, but who cares? I can still whip some LSx ass now, and will come after guys like you in due time.
    I wouldn't bet on that. The new setup with transmission, suspension work, Vic-E, 205 heads, etc. will be completed once the '97 vert is sold. I will be in the 9's. I doubt you will though.

You guys won't admit it, but Ford put out the Terminator. Same 35000 class. It's a legend like your cars. If you deny that, you're simply in denial.
    You have to remember, the terminator was not in direct competition with the LS1 Camaro's & Firebirds due to cease of production in 2002.

LoL, you need some drivers down there then. 12.80's???? Stock??? has it happened somewhere? Maybe. Is it to be expected??????

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I wouldn't bet on that. The new setup with transmission, suspension work, Vic-E, 205 heads, etc. will be completed once the '97 vert is sold. I will be in the 9's. I doubt you will though.
    You got me there. I'm thinking I'll be happy in the 10's as a DD.

You have to remember, the terminator was not in direct competition with the LS1 Camaro's & Firebirds due to cease of production in 2002.
    And they will be able to run with the next gen Camaro's too.

Click for full size[/QUOTE]

This type of rare thing is EXACTLY what makes most of you think you can run 12's stock all day. Nice article though, but 2 valves don't come close. We do as well as the 4 valves.

pewter
    2002 camaro

i raced a new body style mustang one night i was heading to my hometown with the wife, ac on , i have a box with 2 12" subwoofers, amp, and luggage on the back seats, i was cruising at 75 on the right lane, then i come up to a mustang and he slows down to like 45 si just turn to the middle lane, and he floors it, so it was on, by like 105 i had 3 cars on him. couple of days ago raced a shelby not impressed at all either beat him once as well, second run he beat me cuz i have an a4 and the car didnt downshift to first, but he put like 3 car lengths on me, when we let off i was at his taillights.

10's N/A

You got me there. I'm thinking I'll be happy in the 10's as a DD.
    I guarantee that once you dump all that money into the blower, supporting mods, drivetrain, suspension, etc. you will not wan't to drive that car on a daily basis. You'll have to have a beater on the side.

This type of rare thing is EXACTLY what makes most of you think you can run 12's stock all day. Nice article though, but 2 valves don't come close. We do as well as the 4 valves.
    Just remember you called B.S. on that one. I just had to make you a believer.

Click for full size
    You posted this awhile back.....http://www.ls1.com/forums/showpost.p...2&postcount=10

But then you use a mm&ff magazine to prove a point.

Now you say this......
    Just remember you called B.S. on that one. I just had to make you a believer
    So now cause it proves a point in your favor its now acceptable to use mm&ff magazine numbers.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

So now cause it proves a point in your favor its now acceptable to use mm&ff magazine numbers.
    those are legit numbers thrown out there by a ford magazine, talk about salt in the wound

10's N/A

Was bringing up my old post an attempt to put me out on front street? If so, then I must have missed something...like your point!

But then you use a mm&ff magazine to prove a point.:
    Uhh, when did I ever (in my post above to "CamaroFan") say the average driver would infact run 12.80's in a stock LS1, like the gifted Evan Smith did?

Dude, seriously lay off the Moonshine because your making no sense right now.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 09-27-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    those are legit numbers thrown out there by a ford magazine, talk about salt in the wound
    I know it was numbers thrown out by a ford magazine.The point was all the numbers out of the same magazine should be used also,but if you use and post them there are ones that like to point out the fact that its mm&ff and they are know for quicker times then most.That is all.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Was bringing up my old post an attempt to put me out on front street? If so, then I must have missed something...like your point!

Uhh, when did I ever (in my post above to "CamaroFan") say the average driver would infact run 12.80's in a stock LS1, like the gifted Evan Smith did?

Dude, seriously lay off the Moonshine because your making no sense right now.
    Just remember you called B.S. on that one. I just had to make you a believer

When you posted this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information