Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Best race for me. 96 modded cobra, So fun

Well, Saturday I finished my FAST 92/92 install. I immediately went driving and about 2 hours later a very, very nice sounding Mustang Cobra came up next to me and yelled " that thing sounds mean!!" I gave him the thumbs up and he asked me to pull over and turn around. I do, we chat for a minute and decided to run a few times. I look over his car and get slightly scared. It has Mickey Thompson Drag tires, not street slicks... Bias ply drag tires. Paired up with some really skinny "skinnies" up front. So i knew he wasnt stock like he said he was!

We turn around and slow down to 10 MPH. I tell him he has to honk because I took my horn fuse out and forgot to put it back

He leaves just before the 3 honk, Didnt matter... I right away put a half a car on him. Slam it in second and slightly pull on him. Then I hear him having to shift and I am only at 5500 RPM in second. I had 1000 RPM left to pull on him while he shifted. And that I did indeed, At 90 I shut it down cause my MT ET's made me feel like I was riding on a damn cloud. I had a solid car on him.

We go again from 30 MPH and in happens again. Half car, then he goes to shift and I still have RPM left and just pulled on him till 85 or so.

That happen one more time then we pull over to BS.

He gets out smiling, saying this TA pulls like a mother fucker. I respond with ... " You full of shit, that Cobra is NOT stock!!" He was a really cool dude. We musta bullshitted for 20 minutes about the cars. His Engine was stock mostly. It had an intake, LT with full exhaust. But with a full set-up suspension. Cant remember exactly what he said... somehting about a full tubular somethin somethin and a shit load of suspension. It was made for the track.

Then he asks me what I run, I dont know yet. He then pulls out 4 time slips from the past few weeks all with 12.15, 12.17, 12.14 and so on. It was a solid 12.1 Mustang. Fucker moved. Much respect for that guy.

One last race with him. From a dead dig.

We wait and catch a light. I knew my car was faster than his from the previous 4-5 races. But his shit is set-up to run from a stop. He is sittin there at about 4 grand.... 2 seconds before the light turns green.... WAAAAA..

That damn Cobra hooked so fucking hard, all it did was squat and scream with those MT tires and the suspension. I was taken off guard from the WAY early launch and spun then just let off. That Cobra will fucking hook for sure, hence the 12.1 times! I got beside him and he's just laughing saying he knew he had to get a jump on me early and left on a red light. I laughed and we waved and parted our ways. That was the single best time I have ever had in this TA to date. Met a really cool car guy who LOVED TA'a and Corvette's, and had some awesome races.

Im thinking/hoping for a 12.0 or if the good Lord kicks my ass end one time maybe an 11.99. Good times. Going to the track Sunday.

Cool muscle car guys/gals FTW.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

He sounds llike a cool ass dude. Nice Kill.

I wish everyone would take a beating like that and not get all pissy.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Cobra guys FTW!!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

His car was set-up very nicely. I by no means blew his doors off. I did beat him fair and square every time though. He was actually very excited to know what I had in my car. His car was fast as hell. 12.1 at the track is hauling ass IMO.

You shoulda seen this thing hook! Im glad he left early, I wanted nothing to do with it!

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Sounds like a good time! You said you still have the stock truck cam in that lq4? It's always beter to race someone cool, whether or not you win, rather than to have to beat up on some dumbass. Good job!

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

THOSE are the kinda races to race whether you win or lose its all about having fun badass kill and story sounds like that stang was mean.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Sounds like a good time! You said you still have the stock truck cam in that lq4? It's always beter to race someone cool, whether or not you win, rather than to have to beat up on some dumbass. Good job!
    Yep, stock truck motor cam. Before the FAST 92/92 the power was 373 RWHP and 409 RWTQ.

Now, after the install, I bet its roughly 400 RWHP and 425-430 RWTQ.

Thing is a TQ monster and is a blast on the street. Try and get me from a 5 MPH roll and your in trouble.

I never mentioned this was his BRTOERH-IN-LAWS car!!

He took in wifee/girl out for a ride and saw me. Wanted to race his BIL's car!!! Awesome!

Going to the track this weekend. hoping for 11.99

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Good race! That's how people are supposed to act.

Chris

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Good race! That's how people are supposed to act.

Chris
    +1
    I love it when win or lose you can stop and have a nice talk with the other guy. It's pretty rare around here anymore... Sounds like a lot of fun, and nice runs!

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Sounds like a cool dude. Nice runs too. Its always badass when yous just do runs for fun.

Thread Information