Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Ya it sucks parts are getting SO expensive!! Really sucks for the low budget guys. But also remember the more power you make the more your going to break and the less time you get to spend driving the car!!

I personally spend more time fixing then actually racing!! it sucks, Sometimes I wanna just sell everything I have and buy something slow just to enjoy it. But we live for speed so it keeps driving us for more mods!!
    Don't agree with getting more power you lose dependability. Only if the tuner or power your making is so absurd for your application should you ever have reliability issues.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I personally blame <insert tuner car movie here> for giving these kids the idea that their car is super fast. Other wise they would keep their mouth shut and their head down.

I mean i know some are fast but dont expect your car thats slower stock then another car by "bus lengths" to beat it and talk trash eh?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Don't agree with getting more power you lose dependability. Only if the tuner or power your making is so absurd for your application should you ever have reliability issues.
    its all in how you drive it!! I mean The car is Eventually going to break No matter what Tuner or high Quality parts you have on it. I personally build my cars to Beat the Hell out of it, So I guess if I put puted around it would break but thats def No fun. Every guy I know down here with a fast car Spends more time working on them than driving them so i know its not just me.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Ya it sucks parts are getting SO expensive!! Really sucks for the low budget guys. But also remember the more power you make the more your going to break and the less time you get to spend driving the car!!

I personally spend more time fixing then actually racing!! it sucks, Sometimes I wanna just sell everything I have and buy something slow just to enjoy it. But we live for speed so it keeps driving us for more mods!!
    Its not that I'm 100% low budget. I have some money saved but keep in mind I am 21 years old, its not like I have a shitload of money...definitely wasn't born into it either. But I actually don't mind keeping my car pretty much stock. I know what I can and can't run usually. Its always been fun for me to run a race against such and such car and win STOCK. Might not be from too much, then again it might. I've gotten numerous ricers pissed off at me for my car being stock and theirs loosing with the mods they've done...to me its pretty hilarious. One kid even thinks I am lying to him about it being stock with just cat-back, even went on to tell me how he isn't talking to me anymore at the meets right in front of his friends due to him loosing. Then factor in the BMW and Mercedes Benz people that can get pissed after loosing too. Some just don't read up on our cars at all, and know no difference between an LS1 or LT1, why there are different body types through the years, which I understand but they just get pissed cause they don't grasp it, and I think its hilarious. But, as fun as it has been for me to keep my car stock up to this point, I also am going to mod my car in alittle while. The first thing I'm going to do is get a 12 bolt with 3.73's for it, then go from there.

Thread Information