Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    S2000s usually can do low 14s bone stock.
    I drove my friend's S2K once at the track and I managed a 14.4 but it was also my first time driving it.
    As for those guys wesman was talking about with turboed and gutted GSRs, those guys must really suck at driving when bone stock they can break 14s.
    I just find it hard to believe that everyone that night could have sucked that badly accross the board. I mean it isn't that hard to drive one of those things, just rev it up, launch it, and bang through the gears.

I think it has more to do with the fact that FWD econo cars aren't designed to go fast. They have small engines, and their suspension geometry isn't designed for drag racing in the least bit. They also have no torque, so getting the car moving once it hooks tends to make it bog, which results in lost time. If you want to go fast, you don't buy a Honda, or any econo car. I guess I just find it ironic.

Its just like the supposed 11 second k-series swapped hatch that was running around the town where I work in. A bunch of ricers (everyone in the town is a ricer, I hate that place) were talking about how it would lay down "5 gears of whoopass" on my car. I said fine, bring that gutless piece of shit out and lets run. Somehow its nowhere to be found, nobody has the girls number who drives it, nobody has any timeslips or proof, excuses, excuses, excuses. That was over a year ago, I've personally never seen the car once, nor can anyone verify that it even ever ran at the track. When you're a ricer, all you can do is talk shit, because the cars can't back you up.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I could never stand driving a car like that, performance cars should have balls. The S2K has absolutely zero.

Must be a drastic change going from that piece to the T/A!!

I was driving a truck for quite awhile before it, but I did have a LT1 T/A before that too. I got sick of the S2000 after a few months and sold it. It was sure nice to get back into a T/A though! I did get hooked on a good handling car, but with my suspension mods I have the best of both now, torque and handling.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    once a Honda always a Honda, The fastest one I have seen around my Area is the RSX, Dude has a Nasty Big turbo on it pushing 25PSI, He runs at my local track, Dude Spins Half track and Still Manages a 7.30-7.40 @ 110 in the 1/8th mile. When I raced Him I Launched hard on him about 2 cars worth but the guy realed me in and passed me 3/4 track and always wins by a car. LOL, But he no doubt is a 10 sec 1/4 mile car. He says he dynoed at 590WHP @ 25PSI.
    The RSX is FWD right? Does he have a wheelie bar on the back holding him down? 590whp on a FWD car probably blows the tires off as soon as it hits boost in any gear. Fast car but could be a lot faster if he could get the power down.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Wesman should be a Kill Thread mod!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    The RSX is FWD right? Does he have a wheelie bar on the back holding him down? 590whp on a FWD car probably blows the tires off as soon as it hits boost in any gear. Fast car but could be a lot faster if he could get the power down.
    Ya its a fwd car thats the whole problem LOL, Actually its a street car a guy brings up there. Full interior and everything absolutely nothing gutted about it. But it does blow 1st and 2nd pretty hard.

He runs a 8.5 MT full drag slick, But it just blows them off. I personally think most of his traction problem is he runs too low of tire pressure, he runs between 6-8psi in them. My buddy had a problem hooking in his mustang with the same tire and found out that his problem was the tire pressure, he raised them up to 12psi and had no problems.

The car does run good, The baddest 4cyl I have seen personally, But its still pointless cause he makes all that power but can't use it

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that everyone that night could have sucked that badly accross the board. I mean it isn't that hard to drive one of those things, just rev it up, launch it, and bang through the gears.
    Lot's of people say things like this but unless you've driven one you don't know anything about it. I've heard people make the same claims about AWD launches but they're tougher then RWD Launches IMO. It's not "rev it up and dump the clutch" as people assume, it's actually not even close to that. I wish I could record my feet when I launch, to say it takes finesse is an understatement.

I think it has more to do with the fact that FWD econo cars aren't designed to go fast. They have small engines, and their suspension geometry isn't designed for drag racing in the least bit.
    There are plenty of cars that aren't designed to go fast that end up going fast. The 03 cobra with it's IRS isn't exactly perfect for drag racing but that doesn't stop people from either dealing with it or swapping in a solid rear. Most street cars are not designed with drag racing in mind, and if you think they are you're sadly mistaken. MOST street cars are designed with emissions, comfort, and gas mileage in mind, with some thoughts of speed, your LS1 cars included (GTO anyone?)

They also have no torque, so getting the car moving once it hooks tends to make it bog, which results in lost time. If you want to go fast, you don't buy a Honda, or any econo car. I guess I just find it ironic.

There are plenty of fast Honda's in my area that strongly disagree with you. I've already brought this up a hundred times though so I'm wasting my breath with proof (that I've shown in other videos). Do they lack torque? Yeah they're not so great in that department, but properly set up Honda's are light weight which plays part in making up for lack of torque.

Its just like the supposed 11 second k-series swapped hatch that was running around the town where I work in. A bunch of ricers (everyone in the town is a ricer, I hate that place) were talking about how it would lay down "5 gears of whoopass" on my car.
    More like 3 gears of tire spin and 1 and a half gears of speed. I can understand the "legends" in some towns that don't exist. The same thing happens in the import community too man. Every time I raced someone in my town I would always hear "Oh we'll just go get jimmies mustang that runs 9s on pump gas and drag radials" Yeah everyone's cousin has a 9 second mustang I guess.

I said fine, bring that gutless piece of shit out and lets run. Somehow its nowhere to be found, nobody has the girls number who drives it, nobody has any timeslips or proof, excuses, excuses, excuses. That was over a year ago, I've personally never seen the car once, nor can anyone verify that it even ever ran at the track. When you're a ricer, all you can do is talk shit, because the cars can't back you up.
    You don't see yourself as being just as much ricer for all the tough talk on a car that doesn't exist? What does your car run anway? Like mid 12s doesn't it?

Thread Information