PEWTER
    1999 Z28 CAMARO

GT Mustang goes down in Glen Burnie

Tonight while driving home doing about 65 or so from work on 100 heading toward Pasadena I passed a dark colored 98-02 GT Mustang. I noticed him mainly because his tail lights were quite dim. Anyway, a few seconds later I heard him come up next to me on my passenger side. I could hear he had a deep sounding exhaust over mine, and he was kind of moving up a bit and slowing back down, trying to bait me. I heard him finally hit it, so I hit it as well, and walked him pretty easily. I got up to about 90 or so and let off. He stayed back for a bit, and when we passed the hospital he came up next to me again on my drivers site slowly and hit it again. I punched it once more and walked him again, coming up on a car really quick so I had to shut it down. My exit was next, so I turned off and he kept going toward Pasadena. I haven't run anyone on the street in over a year, and it was a nice rush. More mods coming this April after I get my tax check.

Pewter
    2000 Z-28

Those GT's aren't much of a threat if they are basically stock. One of my buddies has a 00 GT that gave me a hard time when he had all the bolt on's like headers,tb,exhaust,gears.....and I was bone stock. But now that he has a procharger on it's a different story(400+rwhp)! I'm hoping to catch up with him with heads and cam over the winter! Keep up with the mustang kills!!!
    Free mods, 4.10 gears, magna flo cat back, best 1/4 mile run of 12.97@109mph

Nice run. I just want to point out that the 98 model GT (96-98actually) is completely different in appearance compared to the 99-04 models (I know you said 02 but that covers it). Just wanted to let you know. If the body was round instead of chisled then you beat a 96-98 model or possibly even a 94-95 if the tail lights were horizontal and skinny.

A guy that I know that goes by the name of blown284 has a 98 GT with a built motor and blower. His car is a teal almost green color so keep him in mind if you see him. He's in your area and he isn't slow.
    2005 SRT-4 : Stock for now
    93 LX 5.0 : Vortech V2-SQ 3.33/6.87 * AFM power pipe * TFS Heads * Cobra Intake * 80MM Pro-M * 255lph in-tank/255lph in-line * SCT Flip Chip * Snow Stage2 Boost Cooler
    481 RWHP 455 RWTQ pump gas, 5600RPM, 11:5 A/F. before LT's Tuned by Kauffman's

PEWTER
    1999 Z28 CAMARO

It was hard to tell what year the GT was since it was dark, but I figured it was a good ballpark guess from 98-02, but it was one of the newer models with the vertical tail lights. I've seen that teal green GT running around before, and it sounds MEAN! There's a 87-93 LX running around too that has a nice cam sound to it as well. I used to own a 89 GT years back, and I like Mustangs all the same. As long as it's American muscle, it's all good to me. I'm still pretty stock, but that will change soon after tax season.

Quote Originally Posted by PEWTER Z
    I used to own a 89 GT years back, and I like Mustangs all the same. As long as it's American muscle, it's all good to me. I'm still pretty stock, but that will change soon after tax season.
    Cool! I used to own an 89Z28 back in the day. Yeah, I'm all about the American muscle car thing too. As for being stock, I was once there too. I'm still not even close to being done, LOL.

The Rookie
    Tonight while driving home doing about 65 or so from work on 100 heading toward Pasadena I passed a dark colored 98-02 GT Mustang. I noticed him mainly because his tail lights were quite dim. Anyway, a few seconds later I heard him come up next to me on my passenger side. I could hear he had a deep sounding exhaust over mine, and he was kind of moving up a bit and slowing back down, trying to bait me. I heard him finally hit it, so I hit it as well, and walked him pretty easily. I got up to about 90 or so and let off. He stayed back for a bit, and when we passed the hospital he came up next to me again on my drivers site slowly and hit it again. I punched it once more and walked him again, coming up on a car really quick so I had to shut it down. My exit was next, so I turned off and he kept going toward Pasadena. I haven't run anyone on the street in over a year, and it was a nice rush. More mods coming this April after I get my tax check.
    Yeah those GT's unless modded are not to quick. You live in Pasadena MD? Wow... brings back some memories. I grew up in Severna Park.

PEWTER
    1999 Z28 CAMARO

I've lived here for about a year. Used to live in Ft Meade when I was in the Navy. We like it here, and it's better than living on base too. We have alot more room in our place here compaired to the old stuff in base housing. My daughter goes to Old Mill, and they've played Severna Park in football and band tournaments all the time.

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BlownPNY
    Nice run. I just want to point out that the 98 model GT (96-98actually) is completely different in appearance compared to the 99-04 models (I know you said 02 but that covers it). Just wanted to let you know. If the body was round instead of chisled then you beat a 96-98 model or possibly even a 94-95 if the tail lights were horizontal and skinny.

A guy that I know that goes by the name of blown284 has a 98 GT with a built motor and blower. His car is a teal almost green color so keep him in mind if you see him. He's in your area and he isn't slow.
    Sshhhh don't tell about my shat no one will believe it anyway. Never got to try out transbrake -- hopefully next season hopefully with the other upgrades I have planned though < fingers crossed >.

No match for the LS1 though

P.S. Pewter Z.... glad to see another person from my area. If you ever want to hit one of the local tracks to whoop up on a Rustang drop me a PM or Email and we can go together.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Last edited by Blown284; 12-30-2005 at 07:04 PM.
    '98 Blown Rustang (Novi2000 Powered)
    2005 Season: 11.2@128mph
    2006 Season: ??
    2007 Season? LOL...

PEWTER
    1999 Z28 CAMARO

I'm getting some LT's, ORY, and cat back installed this April, so I should be at least mid 12's by then. I'll keep you in mind come April when my work is all down by FBC. Peace!

Mike

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

I'm getting some LT's, ORY, and cat back installed this April, so I should be at least mid 12's by then. I'll keep you in mind come April when my work is all down by FBC. Peace!

Mike
    Mike,
    Cool beans. Tell Jason I said wasssssup! He knows me and also knows my turdstang very well. The local Marylander forum is in my sig... yes it's for all muscle cars. I like all muscle cars.....

-Tim

Member since 2001

Pewter
    Good Kill

NBM
    '99 Z28

PEWTER Z and Blown284 i'm in Catonsville during school UMBC and Westminster when i'm out so im in the area if you dont mind hanging out with a college kid

Quote Originally Posted by Blown284
    Sshhhh don't tell about my shat no one will believe it anyway. Never got to try out transbrake -- hopefully next season hopefully with the other upgrades I have planned though < fingers crossed >.

No match for the LS1 though
    Oopsssss..........I didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag there Tim. Just kidding. Yeah, watch out for this guy. He tends to stay in the LS1's rear view mirrors or at least in Mark99T/A's rear view.

Hey Tim, any word from the old GM diehard Mark lately? Watch out for him now because he's a sportin a borla catback and probably that converter that will always take you out.

PEWTER
    1999 Z28 CAMARO

It's all good here. A bit too cold now to cruise around, but once Spring is here and I've gotten my exhaust mods installed and worked out, I'll be out and about and at Capitol Fridays and Saturdays. Look for me in the GB/Pasadena area. My tags are my sig too.
    99 Z28, A4, 3.73, Jet Hot LTs and ORY, Hooker Catback w/cutout, Phoenix Pro 3500 2.5 STR converter
    LS1 Motorsports Lid, Dyno tuned by Bret @ Fbodycentral
    12.36@ 109.64 MPH 1/4 mile, 7.86 @ 86.95 MPH 1/8 mile
    1.69 best 60', .511 RT

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BlownPNY
    Oopsssss..........I didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag there Tim. Just kidding. Yeah, watch out for this guy. He tends to stay in the LS1's rear view mirrors or at least in Mark99T/A's rear view.

Hey Tim, any word from the old GM diehard Mark lately? Watch out for him now because he's a sportin a borla catback and probably that converter that will always take you out.
    It's all good and no cat out of the bag really LOL. I'll be the first to admit I'm shooting for 9's in 2006 and we'll see what happens. I know some folks will say... sure thing, 11's to 9's and I agree it's a big task but everyone needs to have a goal. The car shoulda woulda coulda been in the 10's < sigh > at the end of this past season but a combination of the driver and re-learning the car made it not happen. Oh well such as life....

I haven't seen Mark in ages and I'm afraid of that Borla catback stinkin my car up

Antz,
    Sup dawg?

Z28Camaro010,
    I don't mind hanging out with a college kid. During the spring/ summer, I can usually be found at Brewsters (Aquahart Road) or at one of the local tracks

PEWTER Z,
    No sweat and I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point or another.

Thread Information