Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Procharger for a WS6 Trans Am

Hi,
    I want to get a procharger installed for my 2001 WS6 Trans Am and have a few questions...I rarely drive my car and bought it new..I currently have 17,000 miles on it with a few minor mods...It's an automatic transmission with Borla Exhaust and an aftermarket airlid...Anyways, I need some advice on what to get in order to get full output from a procharger...I was thinking maybe some new injectors, fuel pump and headers to compliment the procharger...I need some recommendations and what to buy along with the procharger to max out the procharger...Thanks, I hope to here from you soon!

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

If you buy the kit, buy the D1 not the P1 cuz it only costs a few hundred up front, but it's a few thousand later on if you want to upgrade. It moves more air in the midrange.

You will not be able to max one out or close on a stock motor. If you pick an ET/MPH goal, it'll be easier to let you know.

The S/C will rewuire a different fuel pump, harness, and injectors. You will need a stall to get the RPMs up into an area where the centri is making boost for your automatic. Headers and a free flowing exhaust will be really helpful.

Don't forget the supporting mods like sub frame connectors to keep from twisting up the car, suspension mods to put the power down, and before long, a new built trans and a beefier rear end as they will only last so long being raced.

Silver
    2002 WS6 TA

Look up exotic performance. They are located in IN. In 3-4 weeks I will be getting a D1SC. Best of luck to you.

black
    1993 mustang

also get a transmission cooler if u plan on running it hard.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

wowzers..you will need a tune...You will also need to beefier injectors, fuel pump..headers are a must. also if you want as much as possible..you should upgrade your intake to a fast 92/92 WITH BURST PANELS!!! then like frost said a stall..with that stall a shift kit and a trans cooler..after that i would suggest getting some gauges to monitor a/f, trans temp and fuel pressure.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

You wont be able to push the S/c to the limit without forging your bottom end and also one can not forget..you would need heads and a FI style cam to really start pushing the S/c to its limits...

Thread Information