Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 03 cobra vs ls1

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

the next mod is probbably going to be a relo'd TQ arm

i don't want to go too far since i drive the hell out of the car.

I just went to IL and Missouri on vacation...got 28mpg (3.90 gears)...did some street racing, went to the local track and made 30+ runs in 1 night, and the drove it the 700+miles home

10's N/A

30 Runs? Holy Crap.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

atleast

i give it no break ever

i run atleast 20 times anytime i go to the track

thus LS1 = god

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Are you on drugs. Let me get some. There is NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. A 5.7 LS1 has more potential. For gods sake, put a 3.4 L Supercharger on a LS1 and see what happens. 3.4 L S/C is fucking bigger then most damn motors on the street now a days. Your talking S/C vs. N/A.
    LMAO! now it is come to N/A and blown?? put a 3.4L on top of LS1 and see what you get tough guy. you won't even be able to spin that shit cuz it requires some boost. I ma talking about 19+ lbs to get something out 3.4L and guess what you won't make the halfway before pistons go through the block.

yeah there is no replacement for displacement, i know that kid but we are talking about 4.6L BLOWN V8 vs. 5.7L N/A v8. evry god damn person knows how easy and cheap to get cobras VERY fast.

I mean, are you guys telling me that it is EASIER and CHEAPER to get LS1 faster compare to a terminator?

just an FYI, i spent no more than 1k to my mods and ran 11.3@122mph with my 03 cobra FULL WEIGHT. 3870lbs with me in it and only made 455rwhp. Put down bolts on + 150 shot LS1s down, cammed LS1s, etc.

You guys are really underestimating terminators. stop being fanboy and see the truth. a terminator > LS1. Just so you guys know, before i was even into mustangs, i owned an fbody and even then i knew a terminator was better than f-bodies. i was man enough to see that and admit it.

yes, a pushrod > modular motor all day long but cobras aren't set up N/A modular. they are blown and it has a lot more potential than you guys think.

They have proven themself over and over and over. everyone knows this including yourself! check youtube 03/04 cora vs f-body and see how many loss for fbodies and how many for cobras.

Last edited by Musclefan21; 07-26-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post

408 ALL-MOTOR LS1 vs. Twin Turbo 03 Cobra
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nbssfoqX9XA

ROFL! gutted 3100lbs with the driver RACE CAR against a 3800+lbs STREET CAR at LOW boost, on pump gas and yet cobra was STILL gaining and idiot missed a gear.

get real
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 07-26-2008 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    and A4 fbody can dyno 100hp loewer than a cobra and still give it a run, like said i have one here that has right around 460ish, and he wont race me..

they are very respectable but a 700rwhp cobra isnt untouchable.. not by any means.. a cam only ls1 with a 150 shot is right there with it.. if not beating it..
    I would love to race your 100hp less a4 LS1 EVEN STALLLED against my 455rwhp cobra for some cash! unless you gutted it and turned into a light as hell race car. I walked on stalled, geared, some bolts on, A4 + 125 or 150 dry shot LS1 from a dig in front of 50 people on a street race for some cash! he talked so much trash and got pwned big time. after that, he respeced my car everytime he saw!

and a cam only LS1 with 150 shot giving run 700rwhp cobra? that LS1 better be gutted too........

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Musclefan21 View Post
    ROFL! gutted 3100lbs with the driver RACE CAR against a 3800+lbs STREET CAR at LOW boost, on pump gas and yet cobra was STILL gaining and idiot missed a gear.

get real
    That's 3100lbs. without the driver if you could read properly, but anyways...

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

okay damnit

its NOT apples to apples

everyone cease arguing

problem solved

2001 M6 SS - few mods...

10's N/A

just an FYI, i spent no more than 1k to my mods and ran 11.3@122mph with my 03 cobra FULL WEIGHT. 3870lbs with me in it and only made 455rwhp. Put down bolts on + 150 shot LS1s down, cammed LS1s, etc. .:
    Just FYI, I spent less than you did, and I turned 11.20's-11.50's at 125-127mph. My car + mods probably cost 30% less than what you paid for your car/mods. So what's your point? And oh yeah, I put down 501rwhp. And for the record there are several cam-only LS1's that will better your quarter-mile time and mine, just so you know.

You Ford guys always tend to leave out the price of the actual car itself for some reason. You can get a clean LS1 nowdays for under $10k all day. My brother paid $6900 for his Pewter 1998 Z28 M6 with 81k miles on the clock. I just saw a 1999 SS sell for $8500 with under 100k on the clock. For the price difference of purchasing an LS1 F-body versus an '03-04 Cobra you could easily build a stout bottom end LS1 w/ drivetrain and suspension mods, and still have money left over just like my brother did. And for the same money you spend on a Kenne-Bell you could buy a nice blower setup to go with that forged LS1. So in actuallity it's most likely cheaper to build a blown LS1 than it is a Cobra - doophis.

They have proven themself over and over and over. everyone knows this including yourself! check youtube 03/04 cora vs f-body and see how many loss for fbodies and how many for cobras.:
    You must be new to this. Supercharged modulars have proved themselves a long time ago, way before the introduction of the Terminator. When I first got into the racing scene in 1997 at the age of 16 there were several '96-97 Cobra's with custom-fabbed supercharger kits, before they even had a complete kit available for the 4.6 4v. I don't need to look at You Tube to know the history.

yeah there is no replacement for displacement, i know that kid but we are talking about 4.6L BLOWN V8 vs. 5.7L N/A v8. evry god damn person knows how easy and cheap to get cobras VERY fast. I mean, are you guys telling me that it is EASIER and CHEAPER to get LS1 faster compare to a terminator?
    Who cares how easier it is to make one car faster than the other, if you've got the money to do it than it doesn't matter. Money isn't the issue for everyone. 4.6 + Blower vs. LS1 + Blower = no competition. You know that, just be honest with yourself. Quit comparing naturally-aspirated cars to blown machines. You've got plenty really fast boosted LSx's out there - GTO's, Vettes, T/A's, SS's, heck, a guy that frequents Sac Raceway has a Pro Charged '05 SSR that's quicker than me! Compare the fastest LS1-powered F-body to the Fastest modular-powered Cobra and you will see their is no competition. Again I say no replacement for cubes. The worlds fastest modular-powered Mustang runs high 7's versus the fastest LSx-powered car runs high 6's for gosh sakes. You'd be better at running a boosted pushrod Ford 351 stroker for high hopes rather than a frikkin' mod motor.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Just FYI, I spent less than you did, and I turned 11.20's-11.50's at 125-127mph. My car + mods probably cost 30% less than what you paid for your car/mods. So what's your point? And oh yeah, I put down 501rwhp. And for the record there are several cam-only LS1's that will better your quarter-mile time and mine, just so you know.

You Ford guys always tend to leave out the price of the actual car itself for some reason. You can get a clean LS1 nowdays for under $10k all day. My brother paid $6900 for his Pewter 1998 Z28 M6 with 81k miles on the clock. I just saw a 1999 SS sell for $8500 with under 100k on the clock. For the price difference of purchasing an LS1 F-body versus an '03-04 Cobra you could easily build a stout bottom end LS1 w/ drivetrain and suspension mods, and still have money left over just like my brother did. And for the same money you spend on a Kenne-Bell you could buy a nice blower setup to go with that forged LS1. So in actuallity it's most likely cheaper to build a blown LS1 than it is a Cobra - doophis.

You must be new to this. Supercharged modulars have proved themselves a long time ago, way before the introduction of the Terminator. When I first got into the racing scene in 1997 at the age of 16 there were several '96-97 Cobra's with custom-fabbed supercharger kits, before they even had a complete kit available for the 4.6 4v. I don't need to look at You Tube to know the history.

Who cares how easier it is to make one car faster than the other, if you've got the money to do it than it doesn't matter. Money isn't the issue for everyone. 4.6 + Blower vs. LS1 + Blower = no competition. You know that, just be honest with yourself. Quit comparing naturally-aspirated cars to blown machines. You've got plenty really fast boosted LSx's out there - GTO's, Vettes, T/A's, SS's, heck, a guy that frequents Sac Raceway has a Pro Charged '05 SSR that's quicker than me! Compare the fastest LS1-powered F-body to the Fastest modular-powered Cobra and you will see their is no competition. Again I say no replacement for cubes. The worlds fastest modular-powered Mustang runs high 7's versus the fastest LSx-powered car runs high 6's for gosh sakes. You'd be better at running a boosted pushrod Ford 351 stroker for high hopes rather than a frikkin' mod motor.

Way to tell it to the fanboy....

you sir are a certified ricer now since you brought the actual car's price to the game. then guess what, a little civic is a WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better car than your car. can go a lot faster with 50% less than what you spent on your car. talk about modifing a car ricer, not the actual car pricing. then all the Z06, porsche, etc. owners are stupid fucks cuz they should have gotten LS1s. just so you know, when i paid 22k for my car, not only i got a v8 suprcharghed car but a hand built and signed bulletfroof motor that can handle a good 850rwhp easily which an LS1 can't do. it is a collectable item, only 19k terminators were ever made and it is a special item a COBRA. better engineered machine than LS1. and a lot more to list. it is not like i paid 22k to that drive train.

and just an FYI, there are several bolts on 10 second cobras out there, stock blower, full weight, no spray etc.
    read above.

I am talking about terminators. they are known as the most impressive production mustang EVER built and yet you think your LS1 is a better car. Bwhahahahahaha! P.S. i was racing for cash in 1997

dude, i am talking about street cars here and you just throw me a 6 second car? do you even know what those cars go through to run 6s??? and HELL NO boosted LS1 > boosted terminator (street cars, when it comes to dragsters, shit depends on how deep your pocket is) if there are 5 fast boosted LS1s, then there are a good 50 faster boosted terminators out there.

a terimator > LS1.

/thread!

10's N/A

you sir are a certified ricer now since you brought the actual car's price to the game. then guess what, a little civic is a WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better car than your car. can go a lot faster with 50% less than what you spent on your car. talk about modifing a car ricer, not the actual car pricing. then all the Z06, porsche, etc. owners are stupid fucks cuz they should have gotten LS1s. just so you know, when i paid 22k for my car, not only i got a v8 suprcharghed car but a hand built and signed bulletfroof motor that can handle a good 850rwhp easily which an LS1 can't do. it is a collectable item, only 19k terminators were ever made and it is a special item a COBRA. better engineered machine than LS1. and a lot more to list. it is not like i paid 22k to that drive train.

read above.!
    I saw nothing worth replying to in the above post, except:

and just an FYI, there are several bolts on 10 second cobras out there, stock blower, full weight, no spray etc.
    An '03-04 Cobra is not a Bolt-on car. For example, if I installed a Vortech S-Trim on my LT1 would you consider it a bolt-on car? Exactly.

I am talking about terminators. they are known as the most impressive production mustang EVER built and yet you think your LS1 is a better car.
    I don't have an LS1. Pay attention.

Bwhahahahahaha! P.S. i was racing for cash in 1997
    I was pretty set at 16, honestly I didn't need the money.

dude, i am talking about street cars here and you just throw me a 6 second car? do you even know what those cars go through to run 6s??? and HELL NO boosted LS1 > boosted terminator (street cars, when it comes to dragsters, shit depends on how deep your pocket is) if there are 5 fast boosted LS1s, then there are a good 50 faster boosted terminators out there.
    Funny, out of that entire paragraph you said absolutely nothing.

hey fanboy, since you are lurking, JEALOUSY IS BITCH

suck it up like a man and know that there are cars out there that are better and more impressive than your car and a terminator is one of them!

since there are millions of threads like this and i have had many discussion like this before here on ls1.com I will walk away from this one. ya'll got my point!

later fanbois

add: a little gift for you. me walking all over a cammed + full bolts on ws6 but too bad u can't see it.

Last edited by Musclefan21; 07-26-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

its all about the word

TERMINATOR!!!1111!!!!1one!1!!one!!11!!eleven!!!!!! 111OMG!!11!!

if you scream it when you're driving, ive heard its worth 3 seconds, and 50mph

more impressive? yeah, ive got a race car that runs 8's....so.....?

and MY LS1 IS Faster than EVERY Cobra ive ever raced

thank you sir
    Last edited by Fury_786; 07-26-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: had to make it more fun

10's N/A

hey fanboy, since you are lurking, JEALOUSY IS BITCH

suck it up like a man and know that there are cars out there that are better and more impressive than your car and a terminator is one of them!

since there are millions of threads like this and i have had many discussion like this before here on ls1.com I will walk away from this one. ya'll got my point!

later fanbois
    Later.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

can we get on the cobra forum and talk shit about our Ferraris being faster?

can we can we can we...please?

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    can we get on the cobra forum and talk shit about our Ferraris being faster?

can we can we can we...please?
    I don't see why not.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

everyone needs to remember that its just the internet

that way you dont get butthurt and say
    later fanbois

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

What a dumb fuck. Dumbest person I have ever seen. Later Ford fanboy. Guy doesn't know how to read what people are saying. Go have sex with that Cobra of yours I have so much I could say but he doesn't read shit, so it isn't worth my time or effort.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

we can stay on the original topic now, correct?
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information