Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

the red mustang in the clips.. whats done to it... and hes running 12s, down a mountain grade slope.. lol

but seriously i am curious as to what is done to it..

10's N/A

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    thats cute.
    ...And hey, who in the heck would build a track downhill>?
    Last edited by N20LT4; 07-22-2008 at 09:12 PM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    LOL.

...And hey, who in the heck would build a track downhill>?
    all the local mustang guys got together and threatened to riot if they built it to NHRA specs.... they told them if they didnt do it downhill.. *chanting* "RIOT RIOT RIOT"

10's N/A

all the local mustang guys got together and threatened to riot if they built it to NHRA specs.... they told them if they didnt do it downhill.. *chanting* "RIOT RIOT RIOT"
    I am literally Laughing My Ass Off!

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

My firt car was a 99 mustang gt auto. With long tubes, O/R H pipe, flowmaster cat back, 3:73's, BFG drag radials, cold air kit, 70 mm tb, ported upper intake plenum, u/d pullies, eibach springs, and a mail order tune by pauls high performance, it went 13.7 @ 103 mph. It also put down 245 to the wheels. I loved that car, but 245 rwhp is a joke. And Im not tryin to bad mouth mustangs here, as one of my best friends has an 04 GT with a KB blower on it, but mod for mod, the difference in the 2v and the LS1 is crazy.
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

I am literally Laughing My Ass Off!
    yea, that one even made me laugh a little bit..

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    , but mod for mod, the difference in the 2v and the LS1 is crazy.
    Yep, and Ford doesn't want to budge from it's 4.6. They keep teasing us about the 6.2 liter in the New Stangs. That would be perfect with the New Maro, the Challenger, and the Stangs going at it with the same cubes. It would be alot of fun. Nowadays though boost and juice solves everything.

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    The Non PI headed car will not be in the 14s, with the PI cam and intake swap they are easy 13 second cars all day. Sorry but you really have no clue on anything you are talking about. These current "gutted" 2v cars, you are referring to, are running 10s and 11's. Here is a buddy of mine with an auto running 11s. Perfectly streetable and puts down around 280 to the wheels.
    http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...42008atD42.flv
    http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...2008D42III.flv
    http://s258.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Serious, shut up. You really have no idea. There are no aftermarket heads, so "Marginally better over stock" huh, they are stock?!? So flowing 220-240 over a barely 180cfm stock flow isnt well more than marginal? Kick your friend in the nuts, have him sell his car because he cant drive for shit and probably has a seriously fucked up setup. Tell him to get off the internet.

Here is an example, I put down 325 to the wheels with my cammed and ported stock headed 2v and run high 12s at 110. That is with the stock intake and full exhaust, no cut outs. That is on street tires with only Ford Racing B springs, no other suspension work.
    no, i do know what im talking about. first of all, lets discuss your illiteracy. i didnt say they were non-existant. i said almost. thats called exaggeration. a literary tool used for emphasizing a point. the heads that are largely available are pretty piss poor. FRPP doesnt even offer anything other than OEM.... the patriot stage III are flowing 225cfm.... but stock cube application heads arent hitting that

there may be exceptions, but the 2v 4.6 doesnt break 12s without either weight reduction and traction, or internal/FE work whether it started npi or PI. the npi cars only have a slight advantage after a PI swap because of a minimal bump in compression.

ur buddy's car can run whatever it wants, 99.99999% of the 280rwhp stangs otu there are still running mid 13s.

my buddy drives just fine, his car made 350rwhp at full weight with stock suspension. and I believe i said he is in the 12s NA now. even if i didnt u still need to seriously chill man. alot of u guys are just way too damn fast to call someone out when they disagree with you only a little. the new heads for these cars have just recently come out, up until maybe a couple years ago even cammed setups were still shy of 300rwhp. not everybody has this year's brand spankin new tech. so maybe you should shut the hell up and realize that just because your ns says "GT" doesnt make you the only one around here that knows mustangs

you say u trap 110.... ls1's with a set of headers will trap that as well and ur all but calling bullshit on the OP. i gotta add, since a stock ls1 can hit 12s on occasion, why would u ask the OP if his bolton car can do it? that just seems odd to me

no no no. thats "black diamond raceway"
    Last edited by SpecterGT260; 07-23-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

lol you people are dense. I forgot where I was at, I will remind myself to check reality at the door.
    are you on any mustang boards or are you just a troll here?

im an AFU moderator, the parent site that owns mustangforums.com. that site has less than a handfull of NA 4.6's running 12s with boltons only, and those guys have a suspension that was tuned by jesus himself. like others have said, the 2v GT is a 14 second car, with 13 second passes as rare as the 12 second ls1 pass. the NPI cars have about a 15hp advantage after a PI swap and are still usually in the 14s unless, as previously stated, they can drive really well.

the guys who do have cams are just recently breaking the 300rwhp mark because of some advances in the heads, but most stock headed cam cars are in the 280-290rwhp mark.
    just because your buddy uses big ass slicks and turned his car into a husk to run a 12 flat doesnt mean its common at all. the guy I referred to runs nittos on terminator rims. as i said before, his full bolton times were like 13.4 at best and about 12.5 with some spray. however, as I also said (u seemed to have missed it somewhere. thats ok. just read this time) he is running 12s now NA after the 5.0 stroke, nitrous cams, and a port job on his stock heads.

now, for discussion on the heads: there are heads out there, but up until the last year or so there wasnt really anything available. even back in 05 when I had my mustang, patriot and similar companies sold heads for a small fortune and they didnt flow for shit, but now they are redesigning heads from a completely new cast due to plug blow-out on the old heads (if u havent heard this how about u research this time instead of just claiming I dont know what im talking about) allowing for much better design. but these are probably still in the works... or if they are available then they are brand spankin new and you cant expect everybody and his incest brother to have them on his 'stang.

which brings us back full circle: what exactly where you getting at by saying you hope the OP runs 12s in a car that by god better run 12s? were u just being a pompous little shit, bad case of short mans syndrome being the ford on a GM site? the results of this race dont seem far-fetched at all. the 2v is a very restricted motor, get over it

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I have tuned dozens of 12 second F-bodies that are autos with often times nothing more at all than headers, lid, catback, and drag radials. A really close friend of mine ran a 12.45 @110 with those mods and a stock stall. He added heads, cam, stall, and 150 hit and the car went 10.57 @ 129.xx with no juice until 100' out. I have video too if you'd like... I have seen 3 bone STOCK M6 f-bodies with good drivers run them into the 12.90s on our track here. One of them was the previous car of the guy I was just talking about.

Sounds like a lot of work for the ET.

...and none of this gets around the bit I quoted from the original poster either.
    yep yep yep
    Last edited by Raoul-Duke; 07-23-2008 at 11:27 AM.
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    The Non PI headed car will not be in the 14s, with the PI cam and intake swap they are easy 13 second cars all day. Sorry but you really have no clue on anything you are talking about. These current "gutted" 2v cars, you are referring to, are running 10s and 11's. Here is a buddy of mine with an auto running 11s. Perfectly streetable and puts down around 280 to the wheels.
    http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...42008atD42.flv
    http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...2008D42III.flv
    http://s258.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Serious, shut up. You really have no idea. There are no aftermarket heads, so "Marginally better over stock" huh, they are stock?!? So flowing 220-240 over a barely 180cfm stock flow isnt well more than marginal? Kick your friend in the nuts, have him sell his car because he cant drive for shit and probably has a seriously fucked up setup. Tell him to get off the internet.

Here is an example, I put down 325 to the wheels with my cammed and ported stock headed 2v and run high 12s at 110. That is with the stock intake and full exhaust, no cut outs. That is on street tires with only Ford Racing B springs, no other suspension work.
    99-04 gt's are pieces of shit. i laugh at them whenever i see them and would laugh at you..oo yeahhh im feelin mean......how does it feel to drive a bitch car??.......bitch

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

wow ibtl

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Is that with your 01 on ported heads and cam only? Wow what a difference a little bit flow can make.

What are they like low 14's stock?
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    99-04 gt's are pieces of shit. i laugh at them whenever i see them and would laugh at you..oo yeahhh im feelin mean......how does it feel to drive a bitch car??.......bitch

Seriously, though, no bull. Would you? Every 99-04 you would laugh at and assume your going to stomp it??? Just curious. If so, man, I wish you could run into some of my boyz on the highway or the quarter. Out of curiousity, could you beat my friends 99?? I dunno maybe you can, I don't know what you've got done to your Maro, but can you?

Let's see the lightly modded or stock LS1's that beat Terminators and Shelbys run with that 2v.

Serious, shut up. You really have no idea. Tell him to get off the internet.
    Surprisingly so, Most LS1 guys don't know much about any other car other than their own. They have this misconception that they are the cream of the crop and no one else run's 10's and 11's. Everyone is in the 14/15's fully modded.

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    but mod for mod, the difference in the 2v and the LS1 is crazy.

Well, that's true, but no one cares about mod for mod on the track or racing in the streets for pinks or something. When you show up with the big dawgs, you race what you bring in reality.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 07-23-2008 at 02:19 PM.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Seriously, though, no bull. Would you? Every 99-04 you would laugh at and assume your going to stomp it??? Just curious. If so, man, I wish you could run into some of my boyz on the highway or the quarter. Out of curiousity, could you beat my friends 99?? I dunno maybe you can, I don't know what you've got done to your Maro, but can you?
    Question: Why do you keep posting videos of other peoples cars...in order to prove your point? I'm just curious, as this is the umteenth time you've done it. Can you beat your friends '99? I thought not! I could though. You keep talking about your 'boyz', everyone has boyz, I have one that runs low 9's in a blown '01 Z06. So what? The truth is that 2-valves are highly restricted motors, and there is no denying that some very extensive modding is needed to run with lightly modded LS1 cars. Period.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Let's see the lightly modded or stock LS1's that beat Terminators and Shelbys run with that 2v.
    ANY time i see a GT i dont think i am going to beat it i KNOW i am going to beat it... i may be proven wrong one day.. but i NEVER have the slightest thought that i will get walked on.. thats in my track car and my DD.. your "boys" bring your "boys" to TN.. theres plenty of fun we will give them around here. haha.. ive seen plenty of lightly modded ls1s beat cobras and shelbys.. stock those things are shit for what they are..

LETS SEE YOUR CAR AND WHAT IT CAN DO! no ls1 owner has posted up things saying you think you can beat this? were saying you cant beat MY car.. big difference....

*********IT IS CALLED A CAMARO!!!! not a 'Maro

this thread is dead.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Question: Why do you keep posting videos of other peoples cars...in order to prove your point? I'm just curious, as this is the umteenth time you've done it. Can you beat your friends '99? I thought not! I could though. You keep talking about your 'boyz', everyone has boyz, I have one that runs low 9's in a blown '01 Z06. So what? The truth is that 2-valves are highly restricted motors, and there is no denying that some very extensive modding is needed to run with lightly modded LS1 cars. Period.
    the other mustang thread we are in is almost identicle to this one... they just arent so close minded people... haha

10's N/A

the other mustang thread we are in is almost identicle to this one... they just arent so close minded people... haha
    You are right. Now wonder it's been seeming i've been repeating myself.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

ANY time i see a GT i dont think i am going to beat it i KNOW i am going to beat it... i may be proven wrong one day.. but i NEVER have the slightest thought that i will get walked on.. thats in my track car and my DD.. your "boys" bring your "boys" to TN..
    It wouldn't be worth the gas, but I'm sure i'll run across some over confident guys like yourself out here. It's always fun too.

theres plenty of fun we will give them around here. haha.. ive seen plenty of lightly modded ls1s beat cobras and shelbys.. stock those things are shit for what they are..
    Well, those guys can't drive for shit down there then.

LETS SEE YOUR CAR AND WHAT IT CAN DO! no ls1 owner has posted up things saying you think you can beat this? were saying you cant beat MY car.. big difference....
    LS1 owners are as bad as ricers when it comes to making shit up, which confuses me because they have respectable cars.

*********IT IS CALLED A CAMARO!!!! not a 'Maro
    OMG, you don't get out much. You've never heard of things like Maro, Bird, Bowtie, Blue Oval, Termie, etc....???????? Wow.

this thread is dead.
    Because it tickles me that LSX owners can't say "No, I cannot beat this or that". I can say it all day long, even if I owned one, cuz I've been to REAL tracks, where real shit happens. Not this "I'm bored because my intake/exhaust LS1 just beat a Bugatti veyron by about 5 cars after spinning in all gears.

I've got boyz that fast too(9'ish), but I don't claim to drive the fastest car known to modern day humanity.

But anyways, no one cares about the expense when you talk about racing. Racing is the most expensive sport or close to it, so when you wanna go fast, you gotta spend money on both. A couple of thousand dollars, and there goes your advantage. Once you get into the 10's and below, it's who's got the bread.

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Well, that's true, but no one cares about mod for mod on the track or racing in the streets for pinks or something. When you show up with the big dawgs, you race what you bring in reality.
    So does that mean that if I were to race you, and possibly win, you wouldnt ask me to race you all motor and not spray? Because you race what you bring right? And my point was that I have owned a 99 2v gt and my 01 Z28, and as far as modding efficiency goes, there isnt much comparison. But Im not a die hard Chevy or Ford guy, I enjoy all fast cars, and I am just the regular consumer looking for the best bang for my buck.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information