red
    2002 z/28 camaro

02 camaro window problem

It seem that my z had a window motor replace a few years ago by a chevy dealer when they replaced, it seem that the rivets that hold the motor in place longated the holes, again it is in the shop they have to replace the motor lucky I have a extend warranty , but they do not cover the repair of the door damage ??? body shopy 250.00 or a new door 1,600 geee should I call the zone office (chevy) to see what they can do or just pay the 250, and they said this could be temporary fix renforcing the door with a piece of metal. what to do.....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

start here first window motor sticky and see if that helps you any.

I haven't had to do this swap yet so I can't give you much help. Check with Spaz on here as I know he did this swap and can probably offer much more help.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

I had the same proble, you can save your self the cash and do it your self... Took me about an hour to put sheet metal on the bracket, the cause is because the person that put your window motor in last was a tool and didn't know what he was doing with the rivits. they just pop them in and dont make sure that they are tight.

Do the sheet metal thing for now and fins a used door on the sites (got mine for 80 bux window, motor and all wires) then when you get the time / extra cash swap out the door and get repainted

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Do the swap yourself, pick up a motor from say chinazone with a lifetime warranty, instead of using rivets use a couple of bolts and lock nuts.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    Do the swap yourself, pick up a motor from say chinazone with a lifetime warranty, instead of using rivets use a couple of bolts and lock nuts.
    J

i'll agree with you...i riveted mine... and i'll say that when the rivet gun popped the rivet through i thought it was goingto shatter my window...

just watch for the door lock mechanism... i was sliding my window front and back and i hit that and broke the dang thing...

red
    2002 z/28 camaro

Thank you for the information sent it seem the shop sent the car to the body shop and fix the door problem for now, now it seem that the alertnator is not working properly gee I wonder if they forgot to pull the fuse when working at it in the shop ????? life goes on, lucky for the extended warr.....

Thread Information